Articles by Eric Linton
- JC Penney Selling 96.6M Shares To Raise Funds
September 26 2013 8:52 PM
The struggling department store chain seems to be seeking to boost its cash reserves.
- US, Russia Agree On Syria Resolution At UN
September 26 2013 6:51 PM
The draft "requires" Syria to give up chemical weapons but has no real teeth.
- Chrysler Files IPO As UAW Trust Pressures Fiat
September 23 2013 9:50 PM
The move by the union's retirement fund complicates Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne's campaign to take over the whole firm.
- Kenya Says Westgate Mall Siege Is Over
September 23 2013 5:18 PM
Authorities say they have taken full control from the attackers and no more hostages are being held.
- Germany’s Angela Merkel Sweeps To Third Term As Chancellor
September 22 2013 1:18 PM
The CDU is on the verge of an absolute majority of seats for first time since the 1950s.
- Nairobi Siege Continues; At Least 68 Dead
September 22 2013 8:56 AM
Kenyan troops, aided by Israelis, have surrounded Somali militants holding hostages.
- Assad Regime Hails Arms Deal As 'Victory'
September 15 2013 9:32 AM
A Cabinet official thanks "our Russian friends" for forestalling a U.S. attack.
- US March To War Suddenly On Hold
September 09 2013 6:20 PM
Obama says putting chemical weapons under international control could be a "breakthrough," and Reid calls off a vote.
- Texts Of Senate And House Resolutions Authorizing Use Of Force
September 03 2013 10:36 PM
Both resolutions stipulate no use of U.S. ground troops, and have built-in time limits.
- McCain Meets Obama, Backs Strike Against Syria
September 02 2013 6:08 PM
The Arizona senator says it would be "catastrophic" were Congress to refuse authorization.
- Verizon Buys Out Vodafone's Stake In Wireless Unit
September 02 2013 3:21 PM
The $130 billion deal, one of the largest ever, is approved by both boards and announced.
- Vodafone, Verizon Agree On $130B Verizon Wireless Deal: Report
September 01 2013 3:39 PM
One of the biggest acquisitions ever is reported approved, with both boards to vote within hours.
- Iran Quickly Alters Leader’s Statement Blaming Assad
September 01 2013 2:14 PM
The statement by ex-President Rafsanjani was quickly "amended" by Iranian media.
- Syria Mocks Obama; Kerry Says Assad Used Sarin
September 01 2013 12:00 PM
The Assad regime’s media trumpeted a “historic American retreat.”
- British Broadcaster David Frost Dead At 74
September 01 2013 10:51 AM
The illustrious TV figure worked with the founders of Monty Python interviewed Richard Nixon after his resignation.
- British Parliament Rejects Attack On Syria
August 29 2013 6:11 PM
MPs defied Prime Minister David Cameron on a 285-272 vote, dealing a blow to the international coalition.
- US, Blocked At UN, Dismisses Need to Consult on Syria
August 28 2013 10:50 PM
Obama repeats threatening statements while Cameron faces Commons revolt on intervention.
- US Treasury Secretary Prods Congress To Raise Debt Ceiling
August 26 2013 9:47 PM
Jack Lew warns Speaker Boehner that the federal government will hit the $16.7 trillion borrowing limit in October.
- Cyprus Buildup May Point To Attack On Syria
August 26 2013 8:40 PM
Planes are reported arriving at a British base on Cyprus, in close striking distance of Syria.
- Boehner Demands Consultation On Syria Action
August 26 2013 7:03 PM
The speaker tells the White House Congress must be consulted, and a poll confirms Americans want to stay out.