Articles by Eric Linton
- Taliban Bombing In Kabul Targets Afghan Assembly
November 16 2013 5:31 PM
The rebels set off a suicide bomb in the middle of Kabul as a warning against a deal with the U.S.
- News Corp. Misses Expectations In 1st Quarter After Fox Split
November 11 2013 7:57 PM
Losses in Rupert Murdoch's original Australian newspapers are blamed for disappointing results.
- Kerry Hopeful After Iran Talks Stall; Netanyahu Warns
November 10 2013 3:55 PM
Kerry clung to hope Sun. for a deal to end Iran’s nuclear program, but said the U.S. would not ease sanctions.
- Colorado Approves Tax On Marijuana
November 05 2013 10:46 PM
The measure follows a referendum last year legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
- De Blasio Elected NYC Mayor, First Democrat In 20 Years
November 05 2013 9:17 PM
The nation's largest city has a Democratic mayor for the first time in decades.
- Terry McAuliffe Elected Governor In Virginia
November 05 2013 8:30 PM
The Democrat gained steadily and overtook Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the governor's race.
- Chris Christie Wins Re-Election In New Jersey
November 05 2013 8:07 PM
Networks called the governor's election the minute the polls closed.
- Gay Rights Bill Passes Key Vote In Senate
November 04 2013 6:47 PM
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act passed cloture by 61-30, one more vote than needed.
- Obamacare Signup Deadline Extended To March 31
October 28 2013 7:08 PM
As website problems continue, users get reprieve from the penalty.
- JPMorgan Reported Near $6B Deal Over Junk Securities
October 22 2013 9:45 PM
The proposed settlement with institutional investors comes on top of an agreement to pay off the federal government.
- Fitch Puts US Credit Rating On 'Watch Negative'
October 15 2013 5:11 PM
As the default deadline nears, the credit rating entity had a stern warning for Washington's officials.
- Libya Protests ‘Kidnap’ Of Al Qaeda Suspect
October 06 2013 9:35 AM
U.S. special forces in Tripoli seized an accused mastermind of 1998 bombings.
- US Government Shutdown Begins
September 30 2013 7:52 PM
Agencies are told to execute an "orderly shutdown" as Congress stays in session past midnight.
- House Votes To Delay Obamacare For A Year As Shutdown Clock Ticks
September 29 2013 9:54 AM
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, blasts Senate Democrats for waiting until Monday to vote.
- Japan Inflation At 5-Year High In Success For BoJ Policy
September 26 2013 9:10 PM
Core consumer inflation hit 0.8 percent in August over a year earlier, the government announced Friday.
- JC Penney Selling 96.6M Shares To Raise Funds
September 26 2013 8:52 PM
The struggling department store chain seems to be seeking to boost its cash reserves.
- US, Russia Agree On Syria Resolution At UN
September 26 2013 6:51 PM
The draft "requires" Syria to give up chemical weapons but has no real teeth.
- Chrysler Files IPO As UAW Trust Pressures Fiat
September 23 2013 9:50 PM
The move by the union's retirement fund complicates Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne's campaign to take over the whole firm.
- Kenya Says Westgate Mall Siege Is Over
September 23 2013 5:18 PM
Authorities say they have taken full control from the attackers and no more hostages are being held.
- Germany’s Angela Merkel Sweeps To Third Term As Chancellor
September 22 2013 1:18 PM
The CDU is on the verge of an absolute majority of seats for first time since the 1950s.