Articles by Eric Linton
- Barbara Bush Hospitalized With Pneumonia
December 31 2013 10:08 PM
The former first lady was admitted to a hospital in Houston.
- Apple Denies Helping NSA Hack Into iPhones
December 31 2013 8:21 PM
Responding to Der Spiegel report, Cupertino denies any cooperation with the feds.
- Oil Train Collision Sets Off Fireball [VIDEO]
December 30 2013 9:14 PM
The spectacular explosion renews fears about transporting North Dakota's booming oil output.
- Country Music Pioneer Ray Price Dead At 87
December 16 2013 8:46 PM
The honky-tonk innovator turned smooth pop artist was link between Hank Williams and Willie Nelson.
- Twitter Downgraded By Two Analysts; 'Fundamentals' Questioned
December 16 2013 6:31 PM
Wells Fargo Securities and SunTrust Robinson Humphry put a damper on the new issue's stock party.
- China Service Sector Holds Steady, PMI Shows
December 03 2013 9:17 PM
Both HSBC and official surveys show growth remains in positive territory.
- Tribune Co. Cutting 700 More Jobs At US Newspapers
November 20 2013 1:02 PM
The publisher of the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune is "restructuring" to focus on digital.
- Apple's Spaceship Campus Gets Final OK In Cupertino
November 19 2013 11:37 PM
The huge circular structure is to be powered by solar and other "clean" energy.
- Japan's October Trade Deficit Wider Than Forecast
November 19 2013 7:55 PM
Both imports and exports boomed, but fuel costs took a toll.
- JPMorgan To Pay Out $4 Billion To Aid Homeowners
November 18 2013 7:27 PM
The record-setting deal with the government is likely to be announced Tuesday.
- Taliban Bombing In Kabul Targets Afghan Assembly
November 16 2013 5:31 PM
The rebels set off a suicide bomb in the middle of Kabul as a warning against a deal with the U.S.
- News Corp. Misses Expectations In 1st Quarter After Fox Split
November 11 2013 7:57 PM
Losses in Rupert Murdoch's original Australian newspapers are blamed for disappointing results.
- Kerry Hopeful After Iran Talks Stall; Netanyahu Warns
November 10 2013 3:55 PM
Kerry clung to hope Sun. for a deal to end Iran’s nuclear program, but said the U.S. would not ease sanctions.
- Colorado Approves Tax On Marijuana
November 05 2013 10:46 PM
The measure follows a referendum last year legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
- De Blasio Elected NYC Mayor, First Democrat In 20 Years
November 05 2013 9:17 PM
The nation's largest city has a Democratic mayor for the first time in decades.
- Terry McAuliffe Elected Governor In Virginia
November 05 2013 8:30 PM
The Democrat gained steadily and overtook Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the governor's race.
- Chris Christie Wins Re-Election In New Jersey
November 05 2013 8:07 PM
Networks called the governor's election the minute the polls closed.
- Gay Rights Bill Passes Key Vote In Senate
November 04 2013 6:47 PM
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act passed cloture by 61-30, one more vote than needed.
- Obamacare Signup Deadline Extended To March 31
October 28 2013 7:08 PM
As website problems continue, users get reprieve from the penalty.
- JPMorgan Reported Near $6B Deal Over Junk Securities
October 22 2013 9:45 PM
The proposed settlement with institutional investors comes on top of an agreement to pay off the federal government.