Articles by Eric Linton
- HSBC Flash PMI On China Industry At 2-Year High
January 23 2013 10:21 PM
Growth in China's factory sector hit a two-year high in January, a preliminary private survey showed Thursday, as manufacturers received more orders.
- Google Earnings Beat Expectations, Stock Gains
January 22 2013 10:35 PM
Revenue from Google's core Internet trade outpaced analysts' expectations during the 2012 fourth quarter, and ad rates fell less than in previous periods.
- Japan's Central Bank Goes Big To Fire Up Economy
January 21 2013 11:45 PM
Bank of Japan surprised markets by doubling its inflation target to 2 percent and adopting an open-ended commitment to buy assets.
- Algeria Says Canadian Led Terror Attack; 37 Hostages Dead
January 21 2013 9:49 PM
Algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal accused a Canadian citizen Monday of coordinating last week's raid on a desert gas plant. At least 37 hostages were killed in the battle.
- Unknown Number Dead, Missing After Algerian Desert Raid
January 17 2013 11:07 PM
The fate of dozens of hostages seized by Islamist gunmen at a gas field in Algeria remained unclear early Friday, hours after the Algerian military stormed the site.
- House GOP May Relent On Debt Deadline
January 17 2013 9:44 PM
House Republicans hinted Thursday that they might agree to a short-term extension of borrowing authority next month so they can move on to more promising budget battles.
- Security Adviser In Line For White House Staff Chief
January 16 2013 9:55 PM
Deputy National Security Adviser Denis McDonough is expected to be named the next White House chief of staff, replacing Jack Lew after his nomination to be treasury secretary, sources familiar with the matter tell Reuters.
- FAA Grounds 787 Dreamliner
January 16 2013 6:52 PM
The FAA grounded Boeing's 787 Dreamliner passenger jet Wednesday afternoon, saying a recent series of safety scares required urgent action.
- Chuck Hagel Approval As US DOD Head Looks Likely After Schumer OK
January 15 2013 8:26 PM
Chuck Hagel's chances of becoming U.S. defense secretary got a critical boost Tuesday when two leading Senate Democrats came out in favor of confirming him following assurances on Israel and the treatment of gay and lesbian servicemen.
- French Attacks, Backed By US, Beat Back Mali Rebels
January 13 2013 2:44 PM
French fighter jets bombed an Islamist rebel stronghold deep in northern Mali Sunday as France poured more troops into the capital Bamako.
- Israel Breaks Up Protest Camp; Netanyahu Vows To Build
January 13 2013 12:08 PM
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Sunday move ahead with settlement building in an occupied area near Jerusalem after security forces evicted more than 100 Palestinian protesters from the site.
- Asian Markets Up, Yen Down On US Hopes, Japan Policy
January 10 2013 10:13 PM
Asian shares rose Friday amid an improving outlook for global economies and reduced anxiety over the euro zone, while the yen slid on renewed expectations for aggressive monetary easing in Japan.