- Japan Trade Deficit Narrows, But Still Worse Than Forecast
March 18 2014 9:02 PM
An import rush before a sales tax hike takes effect is one factor blamed for the persistent deficit.
- Russia's Most Wanted Chechen Enemy Reported Dead, Again
March 18 2014 8:07 PM
The death of the accused terror leader has been confirmed by his movement, but not the Russians.
- China Home Prices Slow In February But FDI Is Up
March 17 2014 10:50 PM
The data indicated a slight cooling off of the real estate market in major cities.
- Republican Wins Florida House Seat
March 11 2014 8:25 PM
The special election, fought over Obamacare, could be a bad sign for Democrats.
- US Debt Ceiling Won't Jolt Markets This Year
February 12 2014 3:54 PM
The U.S. Senate passed the debt ceiling increase bill, 55-43, after a filibuster attempt by Ted Cruz was blocked by his own party leaders.
- Strong China Trade Figures For January Beat Expectations
February 11 2014 10:03 PM
The trade numbers far exceeded economists' forecasts.
- 600 Syrians Evacuated From Homs
February 09 2014 5:52 PM
The evacuees, mainly women, children and the elderly, have endured a siege for more than a year.
- Swiss Vote To Curb Immigration From EU
February 09 2014 12:03 PM
Just over half vote to end pact, defying government and big business.
- Microsoft May Turn To Ericsson CEO: Report
January 15 2014 8:54 PM
Hans Vestberg is in the running, but the software firm's search process is far from over.
- $1 Trillion Spending Bill Proposed In Congress [FULL TEXT]
January 13 2014 9:41 PM
The appropriations chairmen of both houses say the bill keeps the federal government running without threat of a shutdown.
- Don't Blame New Jersey (Too Much) For Chris Christie, Please
January 13 2014 9:35 AM
New Jersey has given America a lot. The governor is one gift the nation can do without.
- Amiri Baraka, Writer-Activist, Dies At 79
January 09 2014 5:33 PM
The former LeRoi Jones was a major black cultural and political figure for decades.
- US Narrows Trade Gap With China, World
January 07 2014 9:38 PM
Exports up, imports down in encouraging report. Lower oil prices help.
- Obamacare Contraceptive Mandate Stayed
December 31 2013 10:53 PM
Justice Sonia Sotomayor issues an emergency injunction hours before rules take effect.
- Barbara Bush Hospitalized With Pneumonia
December 31 2013 10:08 PM
The former first lady was admitted to a hospital in Houston.
- Apple Denies Helping NSA Hack Into iPhones
December 31 2013 8:21 PM
Responding to Der Spiegel report, Cupertino denies any cooperation with the feds.
- Oil Train Collision Sets Off Fireball [VIDEO]
December 30 2013 9:14 PM
The spectacular explosion renews fears about transporting North Dakota's booming oil output.
- Country Music Pioneer Ray Price Dead At 87
December 16 2013 8:46 PM
The honky-tonk innovator turned smooth pop artist was link between Hank Williams and Willie Nelson.
- Twitter Downgraded By Two Analysts; 'Fundamentals' Questioned
December 16 2013 6:31 PM
Wells Fargo Securities and SunTrust Robinson Humphry put a damper on the new issue's stock party.
- China Service Sector Holds Steady, PMI Shows
December 03 2013 9:17 PM
Both HSBC and official surveys show growth remains in positive territory.