Articles by Eric Linton
- Gun Control Takes A Step Forward In US Senate
April 09 2013 9:03 PM
Senators said they were near a deal on background checks, while Reid is planning a showdown vote for Thursday.
- Dow Sets Another Record
April 09 2013 6:17 PM
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at its second all-time high in a week Tuesday, led by materials and energy stocks.
- China's Consumer Inflation Down-Shifts
April 09 2013 12:40 AM
China's annual consumer inflation eased markedly to 2.1 percent in March from February's 3.2 percent while producer price deflation deepened.
- Japan Boosts Missile Defenses Around Tokyo
April 09 2013 12:04 AM
Japan deployed missile-defense systems at three sites around Tokyo early Tuesday in case of a possible missile launch by North Korea.
- North Korea Pulls Workers From Border Factories
April 08 2013 10:42 PM
North Korean laborers did not show up for work Tuesday at the joint factory complex of Kaesong on the border, carrying out Pyongyang's threat.
- JC Penney Fires CEO Johnson, Brings Predecessor Ullman Back
April 08 2013 8:42 PM
J.C. Penney has axed CEO Ron Johnson and is bringing back his predecessor Myron (Mike) Ullman.
- Lagarde Backs Bank Of Japan Easing, Stands By Euro
April 07 2013 3:02 PM
IMF chief Christine Lagarde on Sunday welcomed the Bank of Japan’s aggressive easing program as a helpful step to support global growth.
- US Mourns Young Diplomat Killed In Afghanistan
April 07 2013 10:30 AM
An Illinois woman killed in Afghanistan Saturday is the first U.S. diplomat to die in the line of duty since Benghazi.
- Chinese Issue Veiled Warning To North Korea
April 07 2013 9:32 AM
South Korea says the North may be readying another missile test within days, as Xi Jinping chides his ally.
- N. Korea 'Ratifies' Nuking US; Guam Defense Boosted
April 03 2013 3:34 PM
North Korea has singled out bases in Guam, a U.S. territory in the Pacific, and Hawaii among its potential targets.
- North Korea Bars Southerners From Joint Industrial Zone
April 03 2013 1:28 AM
North Korea Wednesday closed access a joint factory zone on the DMZ that earns it $2 billion a year in trade.
- When The Rubble Cooled, Wells Fargo Was Left Standing
April 03 2013 1:12 AM
Wells Fargo has emerged from the collapse of the U.S. housing bubble as the nation’s dominant mortgage lender, grabbing an unprecedented 28.8 percent share