Articles by Eric Linton
- JPMorgan Reported Near $6B Deal Over Junk Securities
October 22 2013 9:45 PM
The proposed settlement with institutional investors comes on top of an agreement to pay off the federal government.
- Fitch Puts US Credit Rating On 'Watch Negative'
October 15 2013 5:11 PM
As the default deadline nears, the credit rating entity had a stern warning for Washington's officials.
- Libya Protests ‘Kidnap’ Of Al Qaeda Suspect
October 06 2013 9:35 AM
U.S. special forces in Tripoli seized an accused mastermind of 1998 bombings.
- US Government Shutdown Begins
September 30 2013 7:52 PM
Agencies are told to execute an "orderly shutdown" as Congress stays in session past midnight.
- House Votes To Delay Obamacare For A Year As Shutdown Clock Ticks
September 29 2013 9:54 AM
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, blasts Senate Democrats for waiting until Monday to vote.
- Japan Inflation At 5-Year High In Success For BoJ Policy
September 26 2013 9:10 PM
Core consumer inflation hit 0.8 percent in August over a year earlier, the government announced Friday.
- JC Penney Selling 96.6M Shares To Raise Funds
September 26 2013 8:52 PM
The struggling department store chain seems to be seeking to boost its cash reserves.
- US, Russia Agree On Syria Resolution At UN
September 26 2013 6:51 PM
The draft "requires" Syria to give up chemical weapons but has no real teeth.
- Chrysler Files IPO As UAW Trust Pressures Fiat
September 23 2013 9:50 PM
The move by the union's retirement fund complicates Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne's campaign to take over the whole firm.
- Kenya Says Westgate Mall Siege Is Over
September 23 2013 5:18 PM
Authorities say they have taken full control from the attackers and no more hostages are being held.
- Germany’s Angela Merkel Sweeps To Third Term As Chancellor
September 22 2013 1:18 PM
The CDU is on the verge of an absolute majority of seats for first time since the 1950s.
- Nairobi Siege Continues; At Least 68 Dead
September 22 2013 8:56 AM
Kenyan troops, aided by Israelis, have surrounded Somali militants holding hostages.
- Assad Regime Hails Arms Deal As 'Victory'
September 15 2013 9:32 AM
A Cabinet official thanks "our Russian friends" for forestalling a U.S. attack.
- US March To War Suddenly On Hold
September 09 2013 6:20 PM
Obama says putting chemical weapons under international control could be a "breakthrough," and Reid calls off a vote.
- Texts Of Senate And House Resolutions Authorizing Use Of Force
September 03 2013 10:36 PM
Both resolutions stipulate no use of U.S. ground troops, and have built-in time limits.
- McCain Meets Obama, Backs Strike Against Syria
September 02 2013 6:08 PM
The Arizona senator says it would be "catastrophic" were Congress to refuse authorization.
- Verizon Buys Out Vodafone's Stake In Wireless Unit
September 02 2013 3:21 PM
The $130 billion deal, one of the largest ever, is approved by both boards and announced.
- Vodafone, Verizon Agree On $130B Verizon Wireless Deal: Report
September 01 2013 3:39 PM
One of the biggest acquisitions ever is reported approved, with both boards to vote within hours.
- Iran Quickly Alters Leader’s Statement Blaming Assad
September 01 2013 2:14 PM
The statement by ex-President Rafsanjani was quickly "amended" by Iranian media.
- Syria Mocks Obama; Kerry Says Assad Used Sarin
September 01 2013 12:00 PM
The Assad regime’s media trumpeted a “historic American retreat.”