Articles by Eric Linton
- Iran Quickly Alters Leader’s Statement Blaming Assad
September 01 2013 2:14 PM
The statement by ex-President Rafsanjani was quickly "amended" by Iranian media.
- Syria Mocks Obama; Kerry Says Assad Used Sarin
September 01 2013 12:00 PM
The Assad regime’s media trumpeted a “historic American retreat.”
- British Broadcaster David Frost Dead At 74
September 01 2013 10:51 AM
The illustrious TV figure worked with the founders of Monty Python interviewed Richard Nixon after his resignation.
- British Parliament Rejects Attack On Syria
August 29 2013 6:11 PM
MPs defied Prime Minister David Cameron on a 285-272 vote, dealing a blow to the international coalition.
- US, Blocked At UN, Dismisses Need to Consult on Syria
August 28 2013 10:50 PM
Obama repeats threatening statements while Cameron faces Commons revolt on intervention.
- US Treasury Secretary Prods Congress To Raise Debt Ceiling
August 26 2013 9:47 PM
Jack Lew warns Speaker Boehner that the federal government will hit the $16.7 trillion borrowing limit in October.
- Cyprus Buildup May Point To Attack On Syria
August 26 2013 8:40 PM
Planes are reported arriving at a British base on Cyprus, in close striking distance of Syria.
- Boehner Demands Consultation On Syria Action
August 26 2013 7:03 PM
The speaker tells the White House Congress must be consulted, and a poll confirms Americans want to stay out.
- NSA Bugged UN Building: Report
August 25 2013 12:53 PM
Der Spiegel reports another revelation of U.S. spying from Snowden documents.
- Syria Offers Inspection Of Possible Chemical Attack Site
August 25 2013 9:59 AM
The Assad government invites a U.N. team in, but U.S. suspects evidence has been destroyed.
- Cory Booker Wins NJ Senate Primary
August 13 2013 9:04 PM
Newark Mayor Cory Booker has won the Democratic primary for Frank Lautenberg's New Jersey’s Senate seat.
- Nikkei, Yen React To Talk Of Japanese Corporate Tax Cut
August 12 2013 9:04 PM
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe wants to study the impact of lowering the tax rate, on local companies and foreign investment.
- Scores Murdered In Nigeria Mosque; Boko Haram Suspected
August 12 2013 8:19 PM
At least 44 people were gunned down during morning prayers Sunday.
- Obama Says He'll Attend G20 Summit In Russia
August 06 2013 9:16 PM
The president is not committed to a separate meeting with Putin, however, and criticized the Kremlin for harboring Snowden.
- Japan PMI Falls In July To Barely Above 50
July 30 2013 9:36 PM
Japan’s manufacturing activity grew in July at the slowest pace in four months, an apparent response to slowing growth in exports.
- Comey Confirmed For FBI After Paul Lifts Hold Over Drones
July 29 2013 7:39 PM
The Senate confirmed Comey 93-1, with Rand Paul the lone dissenter.
- Israel OKs Palestinian Prisoner Release To Revive Peace Talks
July 28 2013 3:20 PM
Netanyahu persuaded his Cabinet to make a "painful" decision.
- Publicis And Omnicom Merging To Form World's Top Ad Firm
July 28 2013 12:13 PM
French Publicis Groupe SA and American Omnicom Group Inc. will form a group worth $35.1 billion.
- Manager Quits Foundering Weiner Campaign
July 28 2013 11:18 AM
Campaign manager Danny Kedem has resigned as sexting pol sinks in NYC polls.
- Government Claims Victory In Cambodia Vote
July 28 2013 9:12 AM
The ruling party of Hun Sen says it has won, despite losing many seats.