- Tribune Co. Cutting 700 More Jobs At US Newspapers
November 20 2013 1:02 PM
The publisher of the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune is "restructuring" to focus on digital.
- Apple's Spaceship Campus Gets Final OK In Cupertino
November 19 2013 11:37 PM
The huge circular structure is to be powered by solar and other "clean" energy.
- Japan's October Trade Deficit Wider Than Forecast
November 19 2013 7:55 PM
Both imports and exports boomed, but fuel costs took a toll.
- JPMorgan To Pay Out $4 Billion To Aid Homeowners
November 18 2013 7:27 PM
The record-setting deal with the government is likely to be announced Tuesday.
- Taliban Bombing In Kabul Targets Afghan Assembly
November 16 2013 5:31 PM
The rebels set off a suicide bomb in the middle of Kabul as a warning against a deal with the U.S.
- News Corp. Misses Expectations In 1st Quarter After Fox Split
November 11 2013 7:57 PM
Losses in Rupert Murdoch's original Australian newspapers are blamed for disappointing results.
- Kerry Hopeful After Iran Talks Stall; Netanyahu Warns
November 10 2013 3:55 PM
Kerry clung to hope Sun. for a deal to end Iran’s nuclear program, but said the U.S. would not ease sanctions.
- Colorado Approves Tax On Marijuana
November 05 2013 10:46 PM
The measure follows a referendum last year legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
- De Blasio Elected NYC Mayor, First Democrat In 20 Years
November 05 2013 9:17 PM
The nation's largest city has a Democratic mayor for the first time in decades.
- Terry McAuliffe Elected Governor In Virginia
November 05 2013 8:30 PM
The Democrat gained steadily and overtook Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the governor's race.
- Chris Christie Wins Re-Election In New Jersey
November 05 2013 8:07 PM
Networks called the governor's election the minute the polls closed.
- Gay Rights Bill Passes Key Vote In Senate
November 04 2013 6:47 PM
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act passed cloture by 61-30, one more vote than needed.
- Obamacare Signup Deadline Extended To March 31
October 28 2013 7:08 PM
As website problems continue, users get reprieve from the penalty.
- JPMorgan Reported Near $6B Deal Over Junk Securities
October 22 2013 9:45 PM
The proposed settlement with institutional investors comes on top of an agreement to pay off the federal government.
- Fitch Puts US Credit Rating On 'Watch Negative'
October 15 2013 5:11 PM
As the default deadline nears, the credit rating entity had a stern warning for Washington's officials.
- Libya Protests ‘Kidnap’ Of Al Qaeda Suspect
October 06 2013 9:35 AM
U.S. special forces in Tripoli seized an accused mastermind of 1998 bombings.
- US Government Shutdown Begins
September 30 2013 7:52 PM
Agencies are told to execute an "orderly shutdown" as Congress stays in session past midnight.
- House Votes To Delay Obamacare For A Year As Shutdown Clock Ticks
September 29 2013 9:54 AM
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, blasts Senate Democrats for waiting until Monday to vote.
- Japan Inflation At 5-Year High In Success For BoJ Policy
September 26 2013 9:10 PM
Core consumer inflation hit 0.8 percent in August over a year earlier, the government announced Friday.
- JC Penney Selling 96.6M Shares To Raise Funds
September 26 2013 8:52 PM
The struggling department store chain seems to be seeking to boost its cash reserves.