Articles by Eric Linton
- Dem Says Evidence Shows No White House Role In IRS Scandal
June 09 2013 2:13 PM
A “conservative Republican” IRS official denies White House link to targeting conservatives, congressman says.
- Syrian Rebels, Hezbollah Battle On Lebanese Border
June 02 2013 12:00 PM
Lebanon was drawn further into Syria’s civil war Sunday when Hezbollah guerrillas fought Syrian rebels.
- Turkish Protesters Hold Square As Cops Pull Back
June 02 2013 10:37 AM
Turkish protesters reoccupied Istanbul's Taksim Square Sunday after police withdrew, but the scene was peaceful.
- Senate Committee Passes Immigration Bill, 13-5
May 21 2013 8:52 PM
Compromise is good news for high-tech employers, bad news for gay couples.
- CFTC Investigating Commodities Markets
May 14 2013 1:25 AM
The CFTC is investigating the legitimacy of more than 1 million energy and metals transactions by the biggest traders.
- Turks Arrest 9 In Car Bombings, Blame Syria
May 12 2013 9:34 AM
Turkish authorities have arrested nine people they say are linked to the Syrian regime for two car bombings that killed 46.
- US And Russia To Call Syria Peace Conference
May 07 2013 10:24 PM
Russia and the United States have agreed to invite Syria's warring parties to an international conference, possibly within this month.
- Syria Regime Calls Israeli Airstrike 'Act Of War'
May 05 2013 9:22 AM
Israel apparently carried out a second airstrike on Syria. Damascus said it was allied with "terrorists."
- Chinese Villagers Still Desperate For Aid Four Days After Earthquake
April 24 2013 1:19 AM
"It's been four days, four days. I haven't seen any government official bother to ask us how we have been coping," a Sichuan villager says.
- Powerful Sen. Max Baucus Of Montana Retiring In 2014
April 23 2013 11:06 PM
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., announced Tuesday that he will not run for re-election in 2014, putting another Senate seat in play.
- No Evidence Found Of Accomplice In Boston Bombing: Report
April 23 2013 8:34 PM
A preliminary examination of cell phones and computers used by the Tsarnaev brothers finds no sign of an accomplice, an official source says.
- Man Arrested In Ricin Letters Suddenly Cleared; Another's Home Searched
April 23 2013 8:07 PM
Authorities dropped charges against Paul Curtis, the Mississippi man accused of sending poisoned letters to the White House and a senator.
- Apple Q2 Revenue Beats Expectations, Profit Down
April 23 2013 5:58 PM
Apple posted fiscal second-quarter revenue that beat Wall Street's expectations, but profit declined for the first time in a decade.
- Tsarnaev Says Brothers Acted Alone: Reports
April 23 2013 1:06 AM
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has told investigators his brother was the mastermind of the marathon bombing and no terrorist groups were involved.
- Twitter Forming Partnership With Major Ad Buyer
April 23 2013 12:41 AM
Twitter is signing its biggest advertising deal yet with one of the world’s leading ad-buyers. The deal comes as people increasingly network while watching TV.
- Al Qaeda-Iran Plot Against Canada? Some Are Skeptical
April 22 2013 11:29 PM
An alleged terror plot in Canada backed by "al Qaeda in Iran" seems to assume an unlikely alliance.
- 2 Archbishops Kidnapped In Syria; Regime Blames Rebels
April 22 2013 9:50 PM
Militants in a rebel-held area of northern Syria have kidnapped two archbishops traveling from the Turkish border back to the city of Aleppo.
- Five Snowboarders Die In Colorado Avalanche
April 21 2013 4:25 PM
Five expert snowboarders are dead in the state's deadliest avalanche in more than 50 years.
- Bomb Scare Briefly Shuts Site Near Independence Hall
April 21 2013 1:49 PM
The visitor center at Independence Hall in Philadelphia was briefly closed Sunday in a bomb scare amid tension after the Boston Marathon bombings.
- 2 Shot, Wounded At Denver Pot Festival
April 21 2013 8:49 AM
Police are searching for suspects after two shot at a “4/20” marijuana celebration in Denver.