- China's Trade Figures Plunge In June
July 09 2013 11:13 PM
Exports are down 3.1 percent from a year earlier and imports down 0.7 percent in a jolting report.
- Obama Weighing Faster, Total Afghan Pullout
July 08 2013 10:34 PM
Worsening relations with Hamid Karzai are pushing Obama to withdraw US forces faster and leave none behind, reports say.
- Barnes & Noble CEO Quits After Failure Of Nook Reader
July 08 2013 7:20 PM
William Lynch is out at the struggling big-box bookstore chain.
- Both Pro- And Anti-Morsi Forces Continue To Rally In Cairo
July 07 2013 2:33 PM
The anticipated appointment of Mohammed ElBaradei as interim prime minister this weekend has been put on hold.
- Holiest Buddhist Site In India Targeted By Terrorists’ Bombs
July 07 2013 1:04 PM
Nine explosions in a coordinated terrorist attack struck India’s holiest Buddhist shrine Sunday, wounding two monks.
- At Least 5 Dead, 40 Missing In Canada Train Explosion
July 07 2013 10:15 AM
Three bodies have been recovered in Lac-Megantic, Quebec, and police expect to find more.
- Black Boxes Recovered From SFO Crash
July 07 2013 9:46 AM
The flight data recorders have been found, and Asiana Airlines' head has apologized.
- Bolivian Leader's Plane Diverted; Snowden 'Not Aboard'
July 02 2013 6:42 PM
President Evo Morales’ flight from Moscow was rerouted to Austria on false suspicion that Edward Snowden was on board, Bolivia says.
- Egypt Foreign Minister Latest To Quit Morsi Cabinet
July 01 2013 9:42 PM
Pressure mounted on President Mohamed Morsi after huge demonstrations and a military threat.
- NSA Spied On Europeans, Too: Report
June 29 2013 3:34 PM
Based on Edward Snowden’s leaks, Der Spiegel reported that the U.S. spied on its European allies.
- Markey Wins Massachusetts Senate Election For Democrats
June 25 2013 9:09 PM
Rep. Ed Markey defeated Republican Gabriel Gomez for John Kerry's seat.
- Taliban Attack In Kabul Aimed At CIA Base
June 24 2013 10:54 PM
Taliban insurgents who launched an attack in Kabul on Tuesday morning were targeting a CIA base near the Afghan presidential palace.
- House Passes Ban On Abortion After 20 Weeks
June 18 2013 7:42 PM
The House passed a ban after 20 weeks of pregnancy, a symbolic gift to conservatives that has zero chance of becoming law.
- 4 Americans Killed In Attack On Afghan Base
June 18 2013 7:07 PM
The attack comes on the same day as new hopes for peace talks with the Taliban.
- Sprint Sues To Stop Dish Takeover Of Clearwire
June 17 2013 8:49 PM
Sprint alleges that Dish has "repeatedly attempted to fool Clearwire's shareholders."
- NSA Whistleblower Reveals Identity
June 09 2013 3:04 PM
The Guardian identified the leaker behind its exposure of vast U.S. surveillance Sunday, at his request.
- Dem Says Evidence Shows No White House Role In IRS Scandal
June 09 2013 2:13 PM
A “conservative Republican” IRS official denies White House link to targeting conservatives, congressman says.
- Syrian Rebels, Hezbollah Battle On Lebanese Border
June 02 2013 12:00 PM
Lebanon was drawn further into Syria’s civil war Sunday when Hezbollah guerrillas fought Syrian rebels.
- Turkish Protesters Hold Square As Cops Pull Back
June 02 2013 10:37 AM
Turkish protesters reoccupied Istanbul's Taksim Square Sunday after police withdrew, but the scene was peaceful.
- Senate Committee Passes Immigration Bill, 13-5
May 21 2013 8:52 PM
Compromise is good news for high-tech employers, bad news for gay couples.