Articles by Eric Linton
- When The Rubble Cooled, Wells Fargo Was Left Standing
April 03 2013 1:12 AM
Wells Fargo has emerged from the collapse of the U.S. housing bubble as the nation’s dominant mortgage lender, grabbing an unprecedented 28.8 percent share
- Technology Rapidly Making Clerical Jobs Obsolete, Driving Inequality: US Study
April 02 2013 1:26 AM
The United States has gained 387,000 managers but lost almost 2 million clerical jobs since 2007, as technology squeezes out middle-class jobs.
- US Sends Destroyer To Warn North Korea
April 01 2013 10:03 PM
The U.S. sent a destroyer to Korea's coast and South Korea's president vowed to strike back quickly against any attack from the North.
- Top Banks Investigated On Collusion In Derivatives
March 27 2013 12:23 AM
European antitrust authorities are preparing a case against some of the world's largest banks, alleging collusion in the credit derivatives market.
- New Obstacle For Boeing 787: Limits On Range
March 26 2013 9:49 PM
As Boeing tries to get its 787 back in the air, it faces a temporary ban on some of the long-distance journeys the jet was built to fly.
- Legal Journalist Anthony Lewis Dead At 85
March 25 2013 11:04 PM
Anthony Lewis, the former New York Times Supreme Court reporter and columnist whose work won two Pulitzer Prizes, died Monday at 85.
- Another Senator Bowing Out: Tim Johnson Of South Dakota
March 25 2013 9:38 PM
Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., is expected to announce Tuesday that he will not seek re-election next year.
- Berezovsky Died By Hanging, British Cops Say
March 25 2013 8:43 PM
Self-exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky, whose body was found in his bathroom, died by hanging, British police said Monday.
- Rebels Enter Central African Republic Capital
March 23 2013 3:43 PM
Rebels in the Central African Republic have entered the capital Bangui, witnesses say.
- Russian Oligarch Berezovsky, Putin Foe, Found Dead
March 23 2013 2:11 PM
Exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky has been found dead at his home in England, a possible suicide.
- JP Morgan Deal Releasing $546M To MF GLobal Clients
March 20 2013 1:05 AM
J.P. Morgan Chase has reached a $546 million settlement with the trustee liquidating MF Global Holdings.
- 18 Polish Miners Trapped Underground By Earthquake
March 20 2013 12:39 AM
Eighteen miners are trapped in a Polish copper mine after an earthquake caused a tunnel collapse, the mine operator said.
- Germans Warn Cyprus After Bailout Rejection; A Russian Rescue?
March 20 2013 12:10 AM
Germany's finance minister warned Cyprus Tuesday night that its banks may never be able to reopen if it rejects the terms of a bailout.
- Microsoft Under Probe Over Overseas Bribery
March 19 2013 8:37 PM
The Justice Department and SEC are investigating Microsoft on possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Many US Workers Unable To Retire
March 19 2013 1:45 AM
American workers and employers are heading for a retirement crisis, a study being released Tuesday warns.
- Syrian Rebels' New Prime Minister Comes From Texas
March 18 2013 10:49 PM
An exile coalition elected a Syrian-American from Dallas early Tuesday to be the first leader of an interim government.
- Asian Shares, Euro Rebound From Cyprus Shock
March 18 2013 10:04 PM
Asian shares rebounded Tuesday from the previous session, but investors remained wary as Cyprus prepared to vote on an EU bailout.
- 5 Men Confess To Rape Of Swiss Woman In India, Cops Say
March 17 2013 12:40 PM
Five men have confessed to gang-raping a Swiss woman as she camped with her husband in India, police said Sunday.
- Rand Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll; Marco Rubio Places Second
March 17 2013 10:52 AM
Libertarian standard-bearer Rand Paul won Saturday’s straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
- Steubenville Teens Convicted In Rape Case
March 17 2013 10:37 AM
Two Ohio high school football players were convicted Sunday morning of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl.