Articles by Eric Linton
- Hostess Brands Finds Buyer For $410 Million
March 12 2013 10:03 PM
Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co. will take over Twinkies and other Hostess products, bankrupt Hostess Brands announced.
- Falkland Islanders Vote To Stay British, 1,517-3
March 11 2013 11:28 PM
The people of the Falkland Islands have voted overwhelmingly to stay British, it was reported Monday night.
- LinkedIn Reported Buying Pulse Newsreader App
March 11 2013 10:05 PM
LinkedIn will buy the maker of the newsreader app Pulse, say informed sources.
- Venezuela's Presidential Election Set For April 14
March 09 2013 2:55 PM
Venezuelans continued filing by their leader’s coffin Saturday, a day after his funeral.
- Kenyatta Declared Winner In Kenya; Odinga Won't Concede
March 09 2013 9:43 AM
Uhuru Kenyatta was declared winner of Kenya's presidential election with just enough votes to avoid a runoff.
- Sen. Carl Levin Of Michigan Won't Run In 2014
March 07 2013 5:44 PM
Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., chairman of the Armed Services Committee, announced Thursday afternoon that he will not seek re-election in 2014.
- US Officers Under Petraeus Advised Iraqi Torturers: Report
March 06 2013 2:51 PM
U.S. officers oversaw Iraqi police units that ran secret detention and torture centers while Gen. David Petraeus was in charge, a report states.
- South Korea Says It's Prepared After War Threat
March 06 2013 2:00 AM
South Korea's military said it was fully prepared to strike back at the North, a day after Pyongyang threatened to scrap the 1953 armistice.
- IKEA Wants You To Stay The Night
March 05 2013 1:24 AM
Marriott unveiled its designs for Moxy, a European budget hotel brand it is developing with a subsidiary of Inter IKEA Group, on Tuesday.
- US, China Agree On North Korea Sanctions
March 05 2013 12:31 AM
The United States and China have a tentative deal on a sanctions resolution to punish North Korea for its third nuclear test, U.N. diplomats say.
- Chavez Condition Worsening, Venezuela Says
March 04 2013 10:33 PM
President Hugo Chavez's breathing problems have worsened and he is suffering from a new, severe respiratory infection, Venezuela said on Monday.
- Senators Introduce Federal Ban On 'Straw' Gun Purchases
March 04 2013 9:45 PM
A bipartisan group of senators is backing a bill to create specific federal prohibitions on gun trafficking and the straw purchasing of firearms.
- Syrian Rebels Take Provincial Capital; Ambush Spreads War To Iraq
March 04 2013 9:15 PM
Opposition fighters said they have taken their first provincial capital, and crowds toppled a statue of President Bashar al-Assad's father.
- Sylvia Mathews Burwell Of Wal-Mart To Head OMB: Report
March 03 2013 4:07 PM
President Barack Obama plans to nominate Walmart Foundation head Sylvia Mathews Burwell to head the White House Office of Management and Budget on Monday, Reuters reported Sunday.
- Dozens Killed In Karachi Bombing Targeting Shiites
March 03 2013 3:14 PM
A suspected suicide bomber attacked Shi'ite Muslims as they were leaving a mosque in Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday, killing scores of people.
- Swiss Vote To Curb CEO Pay, Corporate Power
March 03 2013 12:04 PM
The Swiss have voted to curb the pay of top executives and dramatically shift power away from corporate boards toward shareholders.
- New Pope May Be Asked To Give 'No Resignation' Pledge
March 03 2013 10:56 AM
Cardinals, fearing Benedict’s resignation has weakened his office, will ask the next pope to pledge to serve until death, European media report.
- Countdown To Spending Cuts; Lawmakers Head For Exits
March 01 2013 12:17 AM
As the clock ticked toward huge spending cuts, many members of Congress skipped town. But no fear, the real deadline is Friday midnight.
- US Poised To Boost Aid To Syrian Rebels
February 27 2013 10:06 PM
The United States plans to provide medical supplies and food – at least -- to Syrian rebel fighters in a policy shift.
- Senate Confirms Jack Lew For Treasury, 71-26
February 27 2013 6:58 PM
The Senate confirmed Jack Lew as treasury secretary, putting him in the middle of a crisis over the federal budget.