Articles by Eric Linton
- GOP: Obama Reponsible For Cuts
February 25 2013 11:24 PM
As the administration issues dire warnings about the looming sequester, congressional Republicans are a plan to give the president more flexibility in imposing the $85 billion in cuts, which they say could protect the most vital programs.
- Scottish Cardinal Facing Sex Charges Eligible To Vote For Pope
February 24 2013 3:40 PM
Cardinal Keith O'Brien should be allowed to decide for himself whether to take part in next week's Vatican conclave, says a fellow cardinal.
- Afghans Order US Special Forces Out Of Province, Charging Torture
February 24 2013 2:54 PM
The Afghans demand all U.S. special forces leave Maidan Wardak after reports they are behind civilians being tortured or disappeared.
- Obama Calls Boehner, McConnell On Budget Crunch
February 21 2013 9:38 PM
With the sequestration deadline a week away, President Barack Obama called Republican congressional leaders Thursday to discuss the sharp cuts that loom over the government.
- Another GOP Senator And Bob Dole Back Hagel
February 21 2013 8:53 PM
Chuck Hagel’s fiercely resisted bid to become secretary of defense gained steam Thursday when Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, a senior conservative Republican, said he would vote for him.
- Google Reported Planning Touchscreen Laptops
February 21 2013 12:21 AM
Google reportedly has developed the first touchscreen laptops powered by its Chrome OS to be sold later this year.
- Benedict May Change Rules To Speed Papal Election
February 20 2013 10:25 PM
The Vatican hinted Wednesday that Pope Benedict XVI could issue a letter in the week left in his pontificate that may speed the election of his successor.
- Hagel Smear Began As Joke, Reporter Says
February 20 2013 9:44 PM
The false claim that Chuck Hagel had been endorsed for defense secretary by a nonexistent group called “Friends of Hamas” began as a ridiculous hypothetical, says the reporter who first floated it.
- 14 Hurt, 3 Missing After Kansas City Blast And Fire
February 20 2013 12:13 AM
Three people are missing and at least 14 people were injured when a gas line in Kansas City, Mo., exploded and ignited a ferocious four-alarm fire, officials said Tuesday night.
- Tunisian Premier Quits, Undercut By Own Party
February 19 2013 8:55 PM
Tunisian Prime Minister Hamadi Jebali resigned Tuesday after failing to form a government amid conflict between his Islamist allies and their secular opponents.
- Sen. Mike Johanns Of Nebraska To Retire In 2014
February 18 2013 9:14 PM
Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb., announced Monday that he will not seek re-election in 2014, saying he wants a “quieter time” with his family after a long political career.
- McCain, Graham Seem Resigned To Hagel Confirmation
February 17 2013 1:53 PM
Sen. John McCain said Sunday that his fellow Republicans will drop their delaying tactics on the Chuck Hagel nomination, and the ex-senator has the votes to become defense secretary.