Articles by Eric Linton
- Syrian Rebels' New Prime Minister Comes From Texas
March 18 2013 10:49 PM
An exile coalition elected a Syrian-American from Dallas early Tuesday to be the first leader of an interim government.
- Asian Shares, Euro Rebound From Cyprus Shock
March 18 2013 10:04 PM
Asian shares rebounded Tuesday from the previous session, but investors remained wary as Cyprus prepared to vote on an EU bailout.
- 5 Men Confess To Rape Of Swiss Woman In India, Cops Say
March 17 2013 12:40 PM
Five men have confessed to gang-raping a Swiss woman as she camped with her husband in India, police said Sunday.
- Rand Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll; Marco Rubio Places Second
March 17 2013 10:52 AM
Libertarian standard-bearer Rand Paul won Saturday’s straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
- Steubenville Teens Convicted In Rape Case
March 17 2013 10:37 AM
Two Ohio high school football players were convicted Sunday morning of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl.
- Graft Bleeding Africa Of Many Billions: Report
March 13 2013 1:03 AM
Corruption cost Africa hundreds of billions in the last decade, a study shows, depriving the poorest continent of capital sorely needed for development.
- FAA Will Let Boeing Test-Fly New 787 Dreamliner Batteries
March 12 2013 11:33 PM
Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA) got federal approval Tuesday to start testing a redesigned battery for the 787 Dreamliner, a step toward getting the grounded airplane back up in the skies.
- Hostess Brands Finds Buyer For $410 Million
March 12 2013 10:03 PM
Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co. will take over Twinkies and other Hostess products, bankrupt Hostess Brands announced.
- Falkland Islanders Vote To Stay British, 1,517-3
March 11 2013 11:28 PM
The people of the Falkland Islands have voted overwhelmingly to stay British, it was reported Monday night.
- LinkedIn Reported Buying Pulse Newsreader App
March 11 2013 10:05 PM
LinkedIn will buy the maker of the newsreader app Pulse, say informed sources.
- Venezuela's Presidential Election Set For April 14
March 09 2013 2:55 PM
Venezuelans continued filing by their leader’s coffin Saturday, a day after his funeral.
- Kenyatta Declared Winner In Kenya; Odinga Won't Concede
March 09 2013 9:43 AM
Uhuru Kenyatta was declared winner of Kenya's presidential election with just enough votes to avoid a runoff.
- Sen. Carl Levin Of Michigan Won't Run In 2014
March 07 2013 5:44 PM
Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., chairman of the Armed Services Committee, announced Thursday afternoon that he will not seek re-election in 2014.
- US Officers Under Petraeus Advised Iraqi Torturers: Report
March 06 2013 2:51 PM
U.S. officers oversaw Iraqi police units that ran secret detention and torture centers while Gen. David Petraeus was in charge, a report states.
- South Korea Says It's Prepared After War Threat
March 06 2013 2:00 AM
South Korea's military said it was fully prepared to strike back at the North, a day after Pyongyang threatened to scrap the 1953 armistice.
- IKEA Wants You To Stay The Night
March 05 2013 1:24 AM
Marriott unveiled its designs for Moxy, a European budget hotel brand it is developing with a subsidiary of Inter IKEA Group, on Tuesday.
- US, China Agree On North Korea Sanctions
March 05 2013 12:31 AM
The United States and China have a tentative deal on a sanctions resolution to punish North Korea for its third nuclear test, U.N. diplomats say.
- Chavez Condition Worsening, Venezuela Says
March 04 2013 10:33 PM
President Hugo Chavez's breathing problems have worsened and he is suffering from a new, severe respiratory infection, Venezuela said on Monday.
- Senators Introduce Federal Ban On 'Straw' Gun Purchases
March 04 2013 9:45 PM
A bipartisan group of senators is backing a bill to create specific federal prohibitions on gun trafficking and the straw purchasing of firearms.
- Syrian Rebels Take Provincial Capital; Ambush Spreads War To Iraq
March 04 2013 9:15 PM
Opposition fighters said they have taken their first provincial capital, and crowds toppled a statue of President Bashar al-Assad's father.