- Another Senator Bowing Out: Tim Johnson Of South Dakota
March 25 2013 9:38 PM
Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., is expected to announce Tuesday that he will not seek re-election next year.
- Berezovsky Died By Hanging, British Cops Say
March 25 2013 8:43 PM
Self-exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky, whose body was found in his bathroom, died by hanging, British police said Monday.
- Rebels Enter Central African Republic Capital
March 23 2013 3:43 PM
Rebels in the Central African Republic have entered the capital Bangui, witnesses say.
- Russian Oligarch Berezovsky, Putin Foe, Found Dead
March 23 2013 2:11 PM
Exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky has been found dead at his home in England, a possible suicide.
- JP Morgan Deal Releasing $546M To MF GLobal Clients
March 20 2013 1:05 AM
J.P. Morgan Chase has reached a $546 million settlement with the trustee liquidating MF Global Holdings.
- 18 Polish Miners Trapped Underground By Earthquake
March 20 2013 12:39 AM
Eighteen miners are trapped in a Polish copper mine after an earthquake caused a tunnel collapse, the mine operator said.
- Germans Warn Cyprus After Bailout Rejection; A Russian Rescue?
March 20 2013 12:10 AM
Germany's finance minister warned Cyprus Tuesday night that its banks may never be able to reopen if it rejects the terms of a bailout.
- Microsoft Under Probe Over Overseas Bribery
March 19 2013 8:37 PM
The Justice Department and SEC are investigating Microsoft on possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Many US Workers Unable To Retire
March 19 2013 1:45 AM
American workers and employers are heading for a retirement crisis, a study being released Tuesday warns.
- Syrian Rebels' New Prime Minister Comes From Texas
March 18 2013 10:49 PM
An exile coalition elected a Syrian-American from Dallas early Tuesday to be the first leader of an interim government.
- Asian Shares, Euro Rebound From Cyprus Shock
March 18 2013 10:04 PM
Asian shares rebounded Tuesday from the previous session, but investors remained wary as Cyprus prepared to vote on an EU bailout.
- 5 Men Confess To Rape Of Swiss Woman In India, Cops Say
March 17 2013 12:40 PM
Five men have confessed to gang-raping a Swiss woman as she camped with her husband in India, police said Sunday.
- Rand Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll; Marco Rubio Places Second
March 17 2013 10:52 AM
Libertarian standard-bearer Rand Paul won Saturday’s straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
- Steubenville Teens Convicted In Rape Case
March 17 2013 10:37 AM
Two Ohio high school football players were convicted Sunday morning of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl.
- Graft Bleeding Africa Of Many Billions: Report
March 13 2013 1:03 AM
Corruption cost Africa hundreds of billions in the last decade, a study shows, depriving the poorest continent of capital sorely needed for development.
- FAA Will Let Boeing Test-Fly New 787 Dreamliner Batteries
March 12 2013 11:33 PM
Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA) got federal approval Tuesday to start testing a redesigned battery for the 787 Dreamliner, a step toward getting the grounded airplane back up in the skies.
- Hostess Brands Finds Buyer For $410 Million
March 12 2013 10:03 PM
Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co. will take over Twinkies and other Hostess products, bankrupt Hostess Brands announced.
- Falkland Islanders Vote To Stay British, 1,517-3
March 11 2013 11:28 PM
The people of the Falkland Islands have voted overwhelmingly to stay British, it was reported Monday night.
- LinkedIn Reported Buying Pulse Newsreader App
March 11 2013 10:05 PM
LinkedIn will buy the maker of the newsreader app Pulse, say informed sources.
- Venezuela's Presidential Election Set For April 14
March 09 2013 2:55 PM
Venezuelans continued filing by their leader’s coffin Saturday, a day after his funeral.