Articles by Greg Morcroft
- This Chart Shows Just What Too-Big-To-Fail Means
November 12 2013 3:30 PM
This chart shows why anyone paying attention to banking over the last 20 years know why our top firms are too-big-to-fail.
- Just What Does 'Enrollment' In Obamacare Mean?
November 12 2013 9:06 AM
The methodology for determining how many people have signed up for Obamacare is the controversial law's latest flashpoint.
- JPMorgan Almost Loaned Madoff $200 Million Before His Arrest
November 08 2013 8:54 AM
Employees of Bernie Madoff's firm sought the loan, which was twice its credit at the time, according to a published report.
- Twitter IPO: Why Robert Peck Is The Smartest Guy On Wall Street For A Day
November 07 2013 11:43 AM
Robert Peck, an analyst who was laughed out of the room a month ago, was on the money with his Twitter target.
- Tweeters' Tweets About Twitter Filling Feeds
November 07 2013 9:44 AM
Twitter metaphor of the day: "The dog is chasing its tail." Compelling question: Is Twitter fairly valued at roughly $26, or is it overpriced?
- Exactly When Is That Fed Rate Hike Coming?
November 05 2013 3:05 PM
Goldman's top economist says it looks like Fed data favors lingering low rates.
- Can Google Save Obamacare Website?
October 31 2013 3:41 PM
U.S. is calling on a private tech trio to salvage the botched health care website.
- Exxon Feels Lower Refining Margin Sting In Q3
October 31 2013 8:37 AM
Analysts had expected the company to earn $1.77 a share on $107.39 billion in revenue in the latest quarter.
- Icahn Vs. Apple Again: Carl Calls On Tim To Buy Back His Shares
October 24 2013 10:06 AM
Carl Icahn has turned up the heat on Apple CEO Tim Cook, as he looks for another big payday.
- Bruised? Battered? Well, Not Really, As Wall Street Pay Remains Envy Of Main Street
October 22 2013 11:44 AM
Salaries in the New York securities industry are almost back to their 2007 high.
- There's A Big Apple Building Boom Going On
October 18 2013 9:18 AM
Construction spending is on a tear in the Big Apple
- GE's Q3 Hit By Shrinking Financial Business, Currency Effects
October 18 2013 7:31 AM
GE profit slipped, but it still topped Wall Street's estimate. Will its financial unit hurt industrial momentum in 2014?
- Bank Of America Posts Strong Q3 Results
October 16 2013 8:18 AM
Bank of America faced the same headwinds as other banks, but its cost-cutting and portfolio-cleanup efforts worked in Q3.
- US Stocks Rally On Chatter About Debt Deal Progress
October 10 2013 11:03 AM
The first positive signals out of Washington in weeks suggests a hint of a deal to avoid a U.S. default - which is one week away.
- Why Tech Startups Are Leaving California
October 10 2013 8:42 AM
California is losing its ironclad grip on tech startups as states like Colorado and Wyoming come on strong.
- 3 Crazy Quotes On The US Debt Limit Crisis
October 09 2013 2:45 PM
Here are three curious quotes from Republican lawmakers regarding the ongoing U.S. debt limit crisis.
- Fed Goes To Bat For Furloughed Cash-Strapped Government Workers
October 09 2013 2:13 PM
Federal Reserve encourages banks to workout payment schedules with cash-strapped government employees.
- Is Sotheby's CEO Going, Going, Gone...?
October 04 2013 9:24 AM
Sotheby's sets poison pill to resist Dan Loeb moves.
- Knight USA's Truck Bid Sets Off Sector Rally
September 26 2013 12:52 PM
Knight Trucking is willing to pay up to buy USA Truck.
- Are Congress' Budget Theatrics Signaling Possible US Credit Downgrade?
September 25 2013 8:34 PM
Just two years after Moody's downgraded the U.S. credit rating, political infighting raises the spectre of another downgrade.