Articles by Greg Morcroft
- JPMorgan: Once Again, It's California Mortgages
September 24 2013 12:06 PM
JPMorgan Chase may settle a California mortgage case at the last minute, according to a published report.
- Empire State Building Owner Going Public Via IPO
September 20 2013 10:38 AM
Here’s your chance to own a portion of an icon: The firm that owns the Empire State Building is going public and will sell shares in the market.
- S&P: Exchange Tech Glitches May Trigger Downgrades
September 20 2013 8:40 AM
More electronic trading and changes to market structure worry S&P about global exchange operators.
- "London Whale" Costs JPMorgan almost $1 Billion
September 19 2013 9:22 AM
JPMorgan paying $920 million for "London Whale" fiasco.
- Fed: No Stimulus Reduction, For Now
September 18 2013 2:11 PM
The Fed surprised many with its decision not to decrease its bond-buying, citing an economy whose expansion is still not self-sustaining.
- China Detains Billionaire Businessman
September 13 2013 8:38 AM
China's crackdown on dissidents picks up speed as authorities detain a billionaire venture capitalist.
- How Much Did The Financial Crisis Cost You?
September 10 2013 10:25 AM
Without question, the financial crisis exacted a large personal and national cost.
- Morgan Stanley Puts S&P 500 At 1,840 In 12 Months
September 04 2013 8:42 AM
A top strategist at the financial services giant says it would buy stocks on market dips and projects the S&P 500 will rise 12 percent in a year.
- 'French Fry Burger' From Burger King To Debut Sept. 1 To Challenge McDonald's $1 Menu
August 27 2013 11:48 AM
What, you ask, is the “The French Fry Burger?” Well it’s the latest menu item from Burger King, the Miami-based chain known for its Whoppers and creepy plastic-masked mascot.
- A Blackberry Investor, Very Close By?
August 14 2013 10:50 AM
Blackberry's search for a rescue may lead right to one of its own shareholders.
- Charges Seen In JPMorgan 'Whale' Trading Loss
August 14 2013 7:49 AM
After a year-long investigation, the U.S. may bring charges as early as Wed in JPMorgan London Whale matter.
- Icahn Now Eyeing Apple's Cash
August 13 2013 2:49 PM
Investor Carl Icahn has taken a large position in Apple's stock and looks set to pressure the company for more share buybacks.
- Bumpy US Economy Keeping Stimulus Reduction Time Unclear: Atlanta Fed
August 13 2013 1:17 PM
Atlanta Fed President Lockhart said Tuesday even with a taper's start, interest rates will remain low for some time.
- 15 Facts From Steinway Piano's Century And A Half Of Unmatched Craftsmanship
August 13 2013 11:30 AM
Piano maker Steinway is being pursued by two suitors. Here's a look at some fun facts about the 160-year-old firm.
- Obama’s Short List For Federal Reserve Chair: Yellen, Summers, Kohn
August 02 2013 8:08 AM
Larry Summers, Janet Yellen or Donald Kohn will be the next Fed chairman.
- More Documents Detail US Gov't Eavesdropping [FULL TEXT]
July 31 2013 9:31 AM
"In the interest of increased transparency," the feds detail some of their rules for eavesdropping in a series of released documents.
- US Q2 GDP Up 1.7%, Better Than Expected
July 31 2013 8:48 AM
A surge in U.S. business investment helped lift second-quarter GDP past consensus estimates.
- Bradley Manning To Hear Verdict Tuesday
July 29 2013 1:37 PM
The U.S. Army private charged with espionage and aiding the enemy will learn his fate on Tuesday.
- Amazon Goes On 5,000-Position Hiring Spree
July 29 2013 8:20 AM
What's more, median pay inside Amazon fulfillment centers is 30 percent higher than positions in traditional retail stores.
- SAC Pleads Not Guilty At Outset Of Feds' Case
July 26 2013 10:41 AM
Hedge fund SAC Capital pleaded not guilty to charges of rampant insider trading, but a former insider threatens to blow open the continuing investigation.