Articles by Greg Morcroft
- Musk, Bezos And 14 Others Shaping The Way We Think And Work
January 07 2014 10:04 AM
From conjuring drone deliveries to creating dissident Chinese art, these 16 people were the biggest thinkers of 2013.
- Booked A Flight To Or From New York City On JetBlue? Fuggedaboutit!
January 06 2014 2:35 PM
JetBlue is shutting down New York City operations as it's caught in polar vortex.
- The Enormity Of The US Military Industrial Complex
January 06 2014 1:43 PM
Guess how much the U.S. spent on defense projects in 2013? These charts show how that money was doled out.
- How To Avoid Jeff Bezos' Fate
January 06 2014 9:06 AM
The Amazon CEO had a kidney stone attack on his holiday vacation. Check out these facts about the dreaded stones, including how to avoid them.
- Guess What 'Duck Dynasty' Robertson Is Sponsoring Now
January 02 2014 3:19 PM
The outspoken "Duck Dynasty" patriarch adds his unique cachet to a new line of guns.
- Galt's Gulch Combines Ayn Rand, Bitcoin And Ron Paul
January 02 2014 10:34 AM
A former California real estate salesman is looking to establish Galt's Gulch in Chile, a utopian mix of Ron Paul, Ayn Rand and bitcoin.
- This Quartet Of Hedge Fund Managers Made Some Brave Bets That Paid Off In 2013
January 02 2014 9:27 AM
Nervy investments in gold, Japanese stocks and other markets made these guys even richer in 2013.
- America's Journey From Reefer Madness To Reefer Business
December 31 2013 10:42 AM
Marijuana for recreational use goes on sale in Colorado tomorrow. How we got here is unspooled in this infographic.
- China's Pollution Restricts Creation Of New Farmland
December 30 2013 2:26 PM
As China struggles to feed a growing and increasingly urban population, pollution threatens its ability to expand agricultural production.
- Accounts Likely To Dominate Twitter, Facebook In Early 2014
December 26 2013 11:16 AM
Yes, there's a tech firm monitoring and data mining these two enormously successful social media sites.
- How Much Does The US Government Get In Sin Taxes?
December 26 2013 10:34 AM
If you drink, smoke or enjoy the roulette tables, the U.S. government thanks you.
- Iron Maiden And The Pirates: A Profitable Love Story
December 26 2013 9:28 AM
Data visualization helped U.K. heavy metal rockers Iron Maiden discover and embrace a whole new fan base.
- The Shipyards Of Shanghai In Pictures
December 24 2013 12:11 PM
China's seafaring might on display in this dramatic slideshow.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The 10 Most Ridiculous US Lawsuits Of 2013
December 23 2013 1:34 PM
True, the U.S. is a litigious society, but sometimes it borders on the theatre of the absurd.
- Men Shop More Than Women: Study
December 23 2013 10:57 AM
A new study indicates that men are worth 24 percent more than women to retailers over a lifetime.
- What Canada's Highest Court Said About Nation's Brothel Ban
December 20 2013 11:55 AM
The Canadian Supreme Court on Friday struck down three laws that banned certain aspects of prostitution.
- Data Stolen From Target Now Available For Purchase Online
December 20 2013 11:15 AM
Credit and debit card information stolen during the recent, massive Target hack is now being sold all over the Web.
- In China, Growing Worker Pressure For Better Pay And Working Conditions
December 19 2013 11:27 AM
An official in China said that the global manufacturing landscape is changing, and not in a good way for the world's second-largest economy.
- See The Projections Behind The Fed's Decision To Begin Stimulus Reduction
December 18 2013 2:35 PM
The Fed said on Wednesday that it would ease back on asset purchases by $10 billion a month. Here's the data behind that decision.