Articles by Greg Morcroft
- Why The Fed Opted For A Jan. $10B Stimulus Cut
December 18 2013 2:14 PM
The move was a bit of a surprise, but the U.S. stock market reacted favorably.
- A Look Back At Bernanke's Quotes Over The Years
December 18 2013 1:52 PM
As Ben Bernanke gets ready to deliver his last press conference as Fed Chairman, we look back at the man's philopsophy in his own words.
- Ford Plans Biggest Lineup Of New Rides Ever For 2014
December 18 2013 11:05 AM
Ford's ambitious 2014 new-vehicle rollout will introduce 23 new models across the globe.
- How Climate Change Is Threatening Global Banana Production
December 17 2013 3:07 PM
From Central America to Asia, warming temperatures are threatening the world's banana crops.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- Why US Consumers Continue To Reduce Credit Card Use
December 17 2013 10:00 AM
U.S. borrowers are using more rewards cards than ever and paying off their monthly balances at the highest rate since the financial crisis.
- Tesla Model E In 2015 - A Steal For Around $40,000?
December 16 2013 11:57 AM
Tesla is moving ahead with its plans to go downmarket and will unveil its latest car, the Model S, in 2015, a report says.
- Why You Should Be Concerned About 'Kids Meals' At Fast-Food Joints
December 16 2013 9:27 AM
Fast-food chains have been hyping 'kids meals' for a long time - and the dietary consequences are lamentable.
- Americans, You Aren't Imagining It: The Rent Really Is Too High
December 11 2013 10:48 AM
The renter share of all U.S. households is climbing, and half of renters are spending more than 30 percent of their income on housing.
- US Minimum Wage: 5 Fascinating Facts You Must Know
December 05 2013 2:27 PM
As the national debate about the minimum wage hits the boil, here are five facts to know, courtesy of Pew Research.
- The Bitcoin Phenomenon - Merrill Sees A Very High Value
December 05 2013 9:45 AM
Merrill's valuation argument is compelling. Take a look.
- Mortgage Banks, Look Out: US DOJ's Holder
December 05 2013 9:03 AM
The U.S. plans to prosecute several big banks in 2014 for mortgage fraud, Attorney General Holder says.
- Japanese Stocks Rallied In November While Gold And Silver Fell Out Of Bed
December 02 2013 8:36 AM
Monetary policy drove equities prices higher in November at the expense of gold and silver.
- Bullish On Those Tweets
December 02 2013 7:11 AM
Goldman calls Twitter a buy and sets a $46 price target on the social media star.
- New Big Apple Mayor De Blasio Set To Zap Owners Of Vacant Lots
November 26 2013 12:04 PM
New York's new mayor wants to raise taxes on empty lots to spur development of affordable housing.
- Best Bitcoin Infographic We've Seen Yet
November 26 2013 10:55 AM
Don't understand the bitcoin system? This chart covers it from A to Z.
- Climate Change May Affect One-Third Of 2025 Global GDP
November 26 2013 9:26 AM
Here are the 10 nations whose economic output is most threatened by climate change.
- Living Wage Still A Dream For US Minimum Wage Employees
November 21 2013 11:07 AM
An online calculator from MIT shows how much you need to make in your town just to achieve a living wage.
- Chinese Military's Supercomputer Twice As Fast As US' Best
November 20 2013 11:51 AM
China has unveiled the world's fastest supercomputer, and U.S. experts are likely raising their eyebrows.
- Bitcoin - On The Verge Of Becoming A Medium Of Exchange?
November 20 2013 11:05 AM
The virtual currency is having its moment in the sun, after high-profile hearings in Washington this week.