Articles by Greg Morcroft
- Bitcoin - On The Verge Of Becoming A Medium Of Exchange?
November 20 2013 11:05 AM
The virtual currency is having its moment in the sun, after high-profile hearings in Washington this week.
- SEC Charges Employee With Lying About Owning Bank Stocks
November 19 2013 12:31 PM
SEC housecleaning continues as the agency charges a staffer in New York with lying about shareholdings.
- Ted Turner, Tired But More Experienced At 75
November 19 2013 11:59 AM
The outsized media mogul talks about his energy level and the survival of the planet in an interview with CNNMoney.
- Robbers Sack Manning's Papa John's While QB Beat Kansas City Chiefs
November 18 2013 1:57 PM
One of Peyton Manning's Papa John's pizza joints was robbed while he was playing football.
- Wal-Mart Starts Holiday Food Drive...For Its Employees
November 18 2013 12:02 PM
Wal-Mart's labor practices are again under scrutiny after an Ohio store launched a food drive so some workers could afford a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Can Amazon Partnership Reverse US Post Office's Unending Losses?
November 15 2013 12:09 PM
The U.S. Postal Service lost $5 billion in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, as First-Class Mail continued to decline.
- Cybercrime - Cloud Data, LinkedIn Likely Targets In 2014
November 15 2013 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, computer hackers bent on stealing your data and wrecking your life will be using new weapons in 2014.
- California Shuts Down 10 Scammer Health Care Websites
November 15 2013 9:03 AM
Scam websites luring people looking to sign up for health insurance represents the latest complication for the Affordable Care Act.
- JPMorgan - A Twitter Campaign Misstep
November 14 2013 9:32 AM
J.P. Morgan Chase canceled a public outreach on Twitter after it unleashed a flood of negative responses.
- This Chart Shows Just What Too-Big-To-Fail Means
November 12 2013 3:30 PM
This chart shows why anyone paying attention to banking over the last 20 years know why our top firms are too-big-to-fail.
- Just What Does 'Enrollment' In Obamacare Mean?
November 12 2013 9:06 AM
The methodology for determining how many people have signed up for Obamacare is the controversial law's latest flashpoint.
- JPMorgan Almost Loaned Madoff $200 Million Before His Arrest
November 08 2013 8:54 AM
Employees of Bernie Madoff's firm sought the loan, which was twice its credit at the time, according to a published report.
- Twitter IPO: Why Robert Peck Is The Smartest Guy On Wall Street For A Day
November 07 2013 11:43 AM
Robert Peck, an analyst who was laughed out of the room a month ago, was on the money with his Twitter target.
- Tweeters' Tweets About Twitter Filling Feeds
November 07 2013 9:44 AM
Twitter metaphor of the day: "The dog is chasing its tail." Compelling question: Is Twitter fairly valued at roughly $26, or is it overpriced?
- Exactly When Is That Fed Rate Hike Coming?
November 05 2013 3:05 PM
Goldman's top economist says it looks like Fed data favors lingering low rates.
- Can Google Save Obamacare Website?
October 31 2013 3:41 PM
U.S. is calling on a private tech trio to salvage the botched health care website.
- Exxon Feels Lower Refining Margin Sting In Q3
October 31 2013 8:37 AM
Analysts had expected the company to earn $1.77 a share on $107.39 billion in revenue in the latest quarter.
- Icahn Vs. Apple Again: Carl Calls On Tim To Buy Back His Shares
October 24 2013 10:06 AM
Carl Icahn has turned up the heat on Apple CEO Tim Cook, as he looks for another big payday.
- Bruised? Battered? Well, Not Really, As Wall Street Pay Remains Envy Of Main Street
October 22 2013 11:44 AM
Salaries in the New York securities industry are almost back to their 2007 high.
- There's A Big Apple Building Boom Going On
October 18 2013 9:18 AM
Construction spending is on a tear in the Big Apple