Articles by Greg Morcroft
- Exactly When Is That Fed Rate Hike Coming?
November 05 2013 3:05 PM
Goldman's top economist says it looks like Fed data favors lingering low rates.
- Can Google Save Obamacare Website?
October 31 2013 3:41 PM
U.S. is calling on a private tech trio to salvage the botched health care website.
- Exxon Feels Lower Refining Margin Sting In Q3
October 31 2013 8:37 AM
Analysts had expected the company to earn $1.77 a share on $107.39 billion in revenue in the latest quarter.
- Icahn Vs. Apple Again: Carl Calls On Tim To Buy Back His Shares
October 24 2013 10:06 AM
Carl Icahn has turned up the heat on Apple CEO Tim Cook, as he looks for another big payday.
- Bruised? Battered? Well, Not Really, As Wall Street Pay Remains Envy Of Main Street
October 22 2013 11:44 AM
Salaries in the New York securities industry are almost back to their 2007 high.
- There's A Big Apple Building Boom Going On
October 18 2013 9:18 AM
Construction spending is on a tear in the Big Apple
- GE's Q3 Hit By Shrinking Financial Business, Currency Effects
October 18 2013 7:31 AM
GE profit slipped, but it still topped Wall Street's estimate. Will its financial unit hurt industrial momentum in 2014?
- Bank Of America Posts Strong Q3 Results
October 16 2013 8:18 AM
Bank of America faced the same headwinds as other banks, but its cost-cutting and portfolio-cleanup efforts worked in Q3.
- US Stocks Rally On Chatter About Debt Deal Progress
October 10 2013 11:03 AM
The first positive signals out of Washington in weeks suggests a hint of a deal to avoid a U.S. default - which is one week away.
- Why Tech Startups Are Leaving California
October 10 2013 8:42 AM
California is losing its ironclad grip on tech startups as states like Colorado and Wyoming come on strong.
- 3 Crazy Quotes On The US Debt Limit Crisis
October 09 2013 2:45 PM
Here are three curious quotes from Republican lawmakers regarding the ongoing U.S. debt limit crisis.
- Fed Goes To Bat For Furloughed Cash-Strapped Government Workers
October 09 2013 2:13 PM
Federal Reserve encourages banks to workout payment schedules with cash-strapped government employees.
- Is Sotheby's CEO Going, Going, Gone...?
October 04 2013 9:24 AM
Sotheby's sets poison pill to resist Dan Loeb moves.
- Knight USA's Truck Bid Sets Off Sector Rally
September 26 2013 12:52 PM
Knight Trucking is willing to pay up to buy USA Truck.
- Are Congress' Budget Theatrics Signaling Possible US Credit Downgrade?
September 25 2013 8:34 PM
Just two years after Moody's downgraded the U.S. credit rating, political infighting raises the spectre of another downgrade.
- JPMorgan: Once Again, It's California Mortgages
September 24 2013 12:06 PM
JPMorgan Chase may settle a California mortgage case at the last minute, according to a published report.
- Empire State Building Owner Going Public Via IPO
September 20 2013 10:38 AM
Here’s your chance to own a portion of an icon: The firm that owns the Empire State Building is going public and will sell shares in the market.
- S&P: Exchange Tech Glitches May Trigger Downgrades
September 20 2013 8:40 AM
More electronic trading and changes to market structure worry S&P about global exchange operators.
- "London Whale" Costs JPMorgan almost $1 Billion
September 19 2013 9:22 AM
JPMorgan paying $920 million for "London Whale" fiasco.
- Fed: No Stimulus Reduction, For Now
September 18 2013 2:11 PM
The Fed surprised many with its decision not to decrease its bond-buying, citing an economy whose expansion is still not self-sustaining.