Articles by Greg Morcroft
- Bank Of America Posts Strong Q3 Results
October 16 2013 8:18 AM
Bank of America faced the same headwinds as other banks, but its cost-cutting and portfolio-cleanup efforts worked in Q3.
- US Stocks Rally On Chatter About Debt Deal Progress
October 10 2013 11:03 AM
The first positive signals out of Washington in weeks suggests a hint of a deal to avoid a U.S. default - which is one week away.
- Why Tech Startups Are Leaving California
October 10 2013 8:42 AM
California is losing its ironclad grip on tech startups as states like Colorado and Wyoming come on strong.
- 3 Crazy Quotes On The US Debt Limit Crisis
October 09 2013 2:45 PM
Here are three curious quotes from Republican lawmakers regarding the ongoing U.S. debt limit crisis.
- Fed Goes To Bat For Furloughed Cash-Strapped Government Workers
October 09 2013 2:13 PM
Federal Reserve encourages banks to workout payment schedules with cash-strapped government employees.
- Is Sotheby's CEO Going, Going, Gone...?
October 04 2013 9:24 AM
Sotheby's sets poison pill to resist Dan Loeb moves.
- Knight USA's Truck Bid Sets Off Sector Rally
September 26 2013 12:52 PM
Knight Trucking is willing to pay up to buy USA Truck.
- Are Congress' Budget Theatrics Signaling Possible US Credit Downgrade?
September 25 2013 8:34 PM
Just two years after Moody's downgraded the U.S. credit rating, political infighting raises the spectre of another downgrade.
- JPMorgan: Once Again, It's California Mortgages
September 24 2013 12:06 PM
JPMorgan Chase may settle a California mortgage case at the last minute, according to a published report.
- Empire State Building Owner Going Public Via IPO
September 20 2013 10:38 AM
Here’s your chance to own a portion of an icon: The firm that owns the Empire State Building is going public and will sell shares in the market.
- S&P: Exchange Tech Glitches May Trigger Downgrades
September 20 2013 8:40 AM
More electronic trading and changes to market structure worry S&P about global exchange operators.
- "London Whale" Costs JPMorgan almost $1 Billion
September 19 2013 9:22 AM
JPMorgan paying $920 million for "London Whale" fiasco.
- Fed: No Stimulus Reduction, For Now
September 18 2013 2:11 PM
The Fed surprised many with its decision not to decrease its bond-buying, citing an economy whose expansion is still not self-sustaining.
- China Detains Billionaire Businessman
September 13 2013 8:38 AM
China's crackdown on dissidents picks up speed as authorities detain a billionaire venture capitalist.
- How Much Did The Financial Crisis Cost You?
September 10 2013 10:25 AM
Without question, the financial crisis exacted a large personal and national cost.
- Morgan Stanley Puts S&P 500 At 1,840 In 12 Months
September 04 2013 8:42 AM
A top strategist at the financial services giant says it would buy stocks on market dips and projects the S&P 500 will rise 12 percent in a year.
- 'French Fry Burger' From Burger King To Debut Sept. 1 To Challenge McDonald's $1 Menu
August 27 2013 11:48 AM
What, you ask, is the “The French Fry Burger?” Well it’s the latest menu item from Burger King, the Miami-based chain known for its Whoppers and creepy plastic-masked mascot.
- A Blackberry Investor, Very Close By?
August 14 2013 10:50 AM
Blackberry's search for a rescue may lead right to one of its own shareholders.
- Charges Seen In JPMorgan 'Whale' Trading Loss
August 14 2013 7:49 AM
After a year-long investigation, the U.S. may bring charges as early as Wed in JPMorgan London Whale matter.
- Icahn Now Eyeing Apple's Cash
August 13 2013 2:49 PM
Investor Carl Icahn has taken a large position in Apple's stock and looks set to pressure the company for more share buybacks.