Articles by Greg Morcroft
- Icahn Now Eyeing Apple's Cash
August 13 2013 2:49 PM
Investor Carl Icahn has taken a large position in Apple's stock and looks set to pressure the company for more share buybacks.
- Bumpy US Economy Keeping Stimulus Reduction Time Unclear: Atlanta Fed
August 13 2013 1:17 PM
Atlanta Fed President Lockhart said Tuesday even with a taper's start, interest rates will remain low for some time.
- 15 Facts From Steinway Piano's Century And A Half Of Unmatched Craftsmanship
August 13 2013 11:30 AM
Piano maker Steinway is being pursued by two suitors. Here's a look at some fun facts about the 160-year-old firm.
- Obama’s Short List For Federal Reserve Chair: Yellen, Summers, Kohn
August 02 2013 8:08 AM
Larry Summers, Janet Yellen or Donald Kohn will be the next Fed chairman.
- More Documents Detail US Gov't Eavesdropping [FULL TEXT]
July 31 2013 9:31 AM
"In the interest of increased transparency," the feds detail some of their rules for eavesdropping in a series of released documents.
- US Q2 GDP Up 1.7%, Better Than Expected
July 31 2013 8:48 AM
A surge in U.S. business investment helped lift second-quarter GDP past consensus estimates.
- Bradley Manning To Hear Verdict Tuesday
July 29 2013 1:37 PM
The U.S. Army private charged with espionage and aiding the enemy will learn his fate on Tuesday.
- Amazon Goes On 5,000-Position Hiring Spree
July 29 2013 8:20 AM
What's more, median pay inside Amazon fulfillment centers is 30 percent higher than positions in traditional retail stores.
- SAC Pleads Not Guilty At Outset Of Feds' Case
July 26 2013 10:41 AM
Hedge fund SAC Capital pleaded not guilty to charges of rampant insider trading, but a former insider threatens to blow open the continuing investigation.
- Tunisian Opposition Leader Assassinated
July 25 2013 8:55 AM
Mohamed Brahmi is the second politician killed in Tunisia in six months.
- SAC Honcho Cohen Proclaims His Innocence
July 23 2013 2:47 PM
Steve Cohen is charged with failing to supervise traders.
- McDonald's: Mediocre Q2, Sees Challenging Year
July 22 2013 8:41 AM
McDonald's earnings rose modestly but missed analysts' expectations.
- No Fed Tightening Until 2016: Pimco's Gross
July 22 2013 8:10 AM
Pimco co-CIO Bill Gross predicts the Fed will maintain its stimulus stance for a long time.
- Bernanke Testimony: Fed Tapering Is Not A 'Pre-set' Timetable [Full Text]
July 17 2013 8:38 AM
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke is on Capitol Hill for his regular, semiannual testimony on the economy.
- Bank Of America Q2 Results Top Analyst Estimates
July 17 2013 7:31 AM
The bank earned 32 cents per share, compared to 19 cents per share for the same period a year ago.
- Fitch Cuts France Credit Rating To AA+ From AAA, With Stable Outlook
July 12 2013 1:24 PM
Ratings agency Fitch cut its rating for France's debt and said ongoing pressures will slow its economic recovery.
- June China Liquidity At Very Low Level
July 12 2013 9:37 AM
Liquidity in China's banking system hit an almost year low in June following an end-of-the-month credit squeeze.
- JPMorgan Chase Q2 Earnings Beat Street Estimates
July 12 2013 7:38 AM
The banking giant said its investment banking and mortgage businesses showed good growth.
- Japan's Consumers Feeling Less Confident
July 10 2013 7:31 AM
Household sentiment includes consumers' attitudes toward livelihood, income, jobs and willingness to buy durable goods.
- Kerry In Jordan For Meeting With Palestinian President Abbas
June 28 2013 8:09 AM
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is shuttling between Israel and Jordan for Mideast talks.