- U.S. stocks are at their highest level in the last seven sessions, lifted in part by the possibility of a June interest rate hike.
- Sales at stores open for at least a year rose 1.2 percent, less than the market consensus of 1.6 percent.
- The legendary billionaire investor has traditionally shunned investments in the technology sector.
- Major indexes closed lower Wednesday, one day after the S&P 500 index notched its biggest daily percentage gain in two months.
- The two retailers said they will terminate their planned merger after a U.S. federal judge ordered the deal temporarily halted because of antitrust concerns.
- The media company said advertising and subscriptions declined at sports channel ESPN, and theme park revenue came in weaker than expected.