Articles by IBTimes Staff Reporter
- Can You Hear Me Now? North Korea Gets Its First Smartphone
August 12 2013 3:34 PM
It probably looks like an Android, won't be available to the people at large, and may be made in China. Here's North Korea's first smartphone.
- Russia Looks To Africa, This Time For Nuclear Collaboration
August 12 2013 12:42 PM
Russian nuclear power experts are joining forces with South African educators.
- US To Strike New Trade Deal With A Changing Africa
August 12 2013 9:00 AM
As African economies grow at breakneck speeds, the U.S. is reexamining old import/export laws.
- 3-Month-Old Indian Infant Keeps Catching Fire; Doctors Say Baby Emits Combustible Gases Through Skin Pores
August 10 2013 8:59 AM
A three-month old Indian baby boy bursts into flames repeatedly, stunning doctors.
- Albert Pujols Accused Of Using Steroids
August 09 2013 5:21 PM
Former MLB player jack Clark has accused Albert Pujols, Justin Verlander, And Shawn Green of using steroids.
- Bale Deal Opens Up Opportunities For Hotspur
August 09 2013 2:29 PM
Tottenham appear to be in the midst of a major overhaul this summer, with lots of top names tied to transfers across Europe.
- Ethiopian Military Plane Crash-Lands In Somalia, Killing 4
August 09 2013 9:33 AM
The military cargo plane was full of ammunition to help African Union troops battle Somali rebels.
- A Vaccine For Malaria? Some Scientists Believe It’s Closer Than Ever
August 09 2013 6:51 AM
Trials have been on a small scale so far, but the success of vaccine PfSPZ is unprecedented.
- Four Possible Replacements For Luis Suarez
August 08 2013 6:03 PM
A look at the players Liverpool could target if they lose Luis Suarez this summer.
- What A Drag! On A Fast-Growing Continent, South Africa Lags Behind
August 08 2013 12:40 PM
Sluggish economic growth sets South Africa apart from its higher GDP growth neighbors.
- Paulina Gretzky Spotted At PGA Championship
August 08 2013 11:33 AM
Paulina Gretzky may be watching boyfriend Dustin Johnson at the 2013 PGA Championship.
- Western Union Gets Into Nigeria's Mobile Money Game
August 08 2013 8:29 AM
Western Union is trying to shed its old-fashioned image by getting hitched to a Nigerian mobile money enterprise.
- Did Robert Mugabe Really Call Nelson Mandela An 'Idiot'?
August 07 2013 12:57 PM
A story in the Daily Currant has many wondering whether Zimbabwe's president slammed a South African icon.
- Kenya: Flames Engulf East Africa's Busiest Airport
August 07 2013 8:31 AM
The blaze devoured central facilities at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya, but caused no fatalities.
- Tough Crowd: North Korean Comedian Gets Sentenced To Hard Labor
August 06 2013 3:26 PM
There are comedians in North Korea -- no joke -- and when they say offensive things, they get in a lot more trouble than their Western colleagues.
- South Africa's Biggest Corruption Scandal Isn't Over Yet
August 05 2013 1:28 PM
President Zuma is expected to testify in an inquiry into a much-maligned 1999 defense deal.
- Congo Rebels Once Again Threaten To Retake Goma
August 05 2013 7:37 AM
The Congolese militant group M23 is growing impatient to begin negotiations.
- Meet Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, The Man Who May Lead Mali
August 01 2013 11:17 AM
The candidate known as IBK has a clear lead as Mali counts its ballots.
- North Korean Defector, Disappointed By South, Wants To Go Back
July 31 2013 4:05 PM
It's never been done and may well lead to his death, but Son Jong-hoon, once a priviliged North Korean, wants to go back -- to make a point.
- More Whoppers For Africa As Burger King Moves In
July 31 2013 11:13 AM
The fast food company is teaming up with Sasol to put restaurants in fuel stations across South Africa.