Articles by IBTimes Staff Reporter
- A Vaccine For Malaria? Some Scientists Believe It’s Closer Than Ever
August 09 2013 6:51 AM
Trials have been on a small scale so far, but the success of vaccine PfSPZ is unprecedented.
- Four Possible Replacements For Luis Suarez
August 08 2013 6:03 PM
A look at the players Liverpool could target if they lose Luis Suarez this summer.
- What A Drag! On A Fast-Growing Continent, South Africa Lags Behind
August 08 2013 12:40 PM
Sluggish economic growth sets South Africa apart from its higher GDP growth neighbors.
- Paulina Gretzky Spotted At PGA Championship
August 08 2013 11:33 AM
Paulina Gretzky may be watching boyfriend Dustin Johnson at the 2013 PGA Championship.
- Western Union Gets Into Nigeria's Mobile Money Game
August 08 2013 8:29 AM
Western Union is trying to shed its old-fashioned image by getting hitched to a Nigerian mobile money enterprise.
- Did Robert Mugabe Really Call Nelson Mandela An 'Idiot'?
August 07 2013 12:57 PM
A story in the Daily Currant has many wondering whether Zimbabwe's president slammed a South African icon.
- Kenya: Flames Engulf East Africa's Busiest Airport
August 07 2013 8:31 AM
The blaze devoured central facilities at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya, but caused no fatalities.
- Tough Crowd: North Korean Comedian Gets Sentenced To Hard Labor
August 06 2013 3:26 PM
There are comedians in North Korea -- no joke -- and when they say offensive things, they get in a lot more trouble than their Western colleagues.
- South Africa's Biggest Corruption Scandal Isn't Over Yet
August 05 2013 1:28 PM
President Zuma is expected to testify in an inquiry into a much-maligned 1999 defense deal.
- Congo Rebels Once Again Threaten To Retake Goma
August 05 2013 7:37 AM
The Congolese militant group M23 is growing impatient to begin negotiations.
- Meet Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, The Man Who May Lead Mali
August 01 2013 11:17 AM
The candidate known as IBK has a clear lead as Mali counts its ballots.
- North Korean Defector, Disappointed By South, Wants To Go Back
July 31 2013 4:05 PM
It's never been done and may well lead to his death, but Son Jong-hoon, once a priviliged North Korean, wants to go back -- to make a point.
- More Whoppers For Africa As Burger King Moves In
July 31 2013 11:13 AM
The fast food company is teaming up with Sasol to put restaurants in fuel stations across South Africa.
- Zimbabwe Elections Off To A Peaceful Start
July 31 2013 7:40 AM
Zimbabwe's 6.4 million registered voters brave long lines and cold weather while the only opponent accuses the incumbent of not playing fair.
- In This Election, Zimbabwe Opposition Actually Stands A Chance
July 30 2013 1:02 PM
Opinion polls indicate that Tsvangirai and Mugabe are in a dead heat.
- South African Citrus Could Become Europe's Forbidden Fruit
July 30 2013 9:24 AM
For EU consumers, a few black spots can spoil it all.
- African Science Research Gets A $45M Boost
July 29 2013 12:09 PM
Africa isn't known for scientific breakthroughs, but a new university could change that.
- Kenya’s Export Economy: Stuck In The Middle With EU
July 29 2013 9:12 AM
Controversy surrounds Kenya's option to sign an Economic Partnership Agreement with Europe, and the clock is ticking.
- The AU Casts A Vote Of Confidence Before Zimbabwe Vote
July 26 2013 9:41 AM
AU representatives' note of approval may calm nerves amid suspicions of foul play.
- Zambia Clamps Down On Free Press, Setting Off Alarm Bells
July 25 2013 8:16 AM
Zambian President Michael Sata is becoming more and more restrictive.