IBTimes Staff Reporter
- Eye In The Sky: Satellites Pinpoint, And Predict, Trouble In Africa
August 29 2013 8:22 AM
A satellite imagery company is tracking humanitarian crises in Africa, getting hard-to-reach data that could save lives.
- A New Low For Nigeria As Thieves Bring Oil Industry To Its Knees
August 28 2013 7:22 AM
A shadowy network of Nigerian thieves is having an unprecedented impact on the country's economy, and worldwide oil production.
- An Astounding Failure: Why Liberia's Students Missed The Mark
August 27 2013 3:09 PM
Not one out of 24,000 students passed entrance exams at the University of Liberia. How is that possible?
- South Africa's GDP Grows 3 Percent In Q2: Good, But Not Great
August 27 2013 7:16 AM
Economic expansion was expected this quarter, following dismal growth in the first quarter of this year.
- In Fight Against Global Warming, Failed Wonder-Plant Gets A Second Chance
August 26 2013 11:50 AM
The Jatropha curcas species may not be right for biofuel, but carbon farming presents another opportunity.
- Mugabe Wants 'Tit For Tat' Against The West In Zimbabwe
August 26 2013 8:27 AM
The president is once again calling for foreign companies to be majority-owned by black Zimbabweans.
- Mosquitos, Meet Your Match: An Invisibility Cloak, In Patch Form
August 24 2013 8:00 AM
Olfactor Labs will be testing its groundbreaking anti-mosquito technology in malaria-prone communities.
- Kiffin Under Scrutiny In 2013
August 23 2013 4:48 PM
The expectations are considerably lower in 2013 with USC ranked No. 24, but many believe the fate of head coach Lane Kiffin is on the line should the Trojans under-achieve this season.
- Humanitarian Aid Hits A Roadblock In Haven For Extremists
August 23 2013 1:24 PM
A USAID resiliency program for Niger and Burkina Faso has been delayed by a search for contractors.
- Militant Groups Join Forces In Africa: Is Al-Qaeda Rising Again?
August 23 2013 6:09 AM
Mujao and al-Mulathameen will now be known as al-Murabitoun. Should Africa be worried?
- Could Uganda's New Law Criminalize Private Family Discussions?
August 22 2013 9:24 AM
The controversial bill would force even small groups to seek permission before gathering.
- Sorry, Portugal: Standard Bank Poised To Horn In On Angola's Oil Wealth
August 21 2013 3:33 PM
Angola's ties to its former colonizer are loosening as Portuguese banks struggle with debt.
- Breaking Bad In North Korea? Meth Rampant In Hermit Nation
August 21 2013 3:29 PM
Methamphetamine drug use is reportedly rampant in the world's most reclusive Communist dictatorship.
- Liverpool Looking To Boost Attacking Options
August 20 2013 5:59 PM
Liverpool are still striving to add to their attacking options before the transfer window closes.
- Is This The End Of Boko Haram?
August 20 2013 12:58 PM
The death of extremist militia leader Abubakar Shekau would be significant, but not a game-changer, for Nigeria.
- Snubbed By The West, Kenyan President Goes East
August 20 2013 8:46 AM
China extends a welcome to Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, a man in need of allies.
- Liverpool In For Willian
August 19 2013 6:07 PM
Liverpool are looking to add further quality to their squad before the close of the transfer window.
- Arsenal Face Increasing Transfer Anxiety
August 19 2013 5:49 PM
Arsenal are under increasing pressure to make significant signings before the close of the transfer window.
- Did Tanzanian Officials Embezzle $5 Million During Obama's Visit?
August 19 2013 3:14 PM
A probe will investigate whether summit attendees embezzled money during a June/July summit in Dar es Salaam.
- Paulina Gretzky And Dustin Johnson Engaged
August 19 2013 10:23 AM
Paulina Gretzky and Dustin Johnson are engaged.