Ismat Sarah Mangla
- Is The Guy Next To You Paying Less For The Same Flight?
August 06 2014 4:47 PM
A study finds that airfares for certain destinations are more stable than others, and coach fares for the same itinerary can vary by as much as $1,400.
- Demand For Air Travel Still Sky-High
August 06 2014 10:35 AM
The latest data shows air travel demand is up from last year, but risks loom — including the impact of Ebola.
- British Airways Suspend Flights Over Ebola Virus Fears
August 05 2014 1:20 PM
The airline is grounding all flights to Sierra Leone and Liberia until August 31 due to fears over Ebola.
- Fighter Jet Escorts Qatar Airways Plane To Land In Manchester
August 05 2014 10:32 AM
A jet from the Royal Air Force was dispatched after the crew reported a "suspect device" on board a flight from Doha to Manchester.
- How Come Airlines Are Not Freaking Out About Ebola?
August 04 2014 1:37 PM
The risk of an infected passenger on a plane spreading the disease to other travelers is very low, says the World Health Organization.
- Emirates Cancels Flights to Guinea Amid Ebola Concerns
August 04 2014 9:06 AM
The Dubai-based airline has suspended flights to the West African nation of Guinea until further notice but will continue flights to Senegal.
- 'Ebola Is Worsening In West Africa'
August 01 2014 10:45 AM
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control is urging American travelers to avoid West African countries.
- How Malaysia Airlines Can Save Itself, Or Not
July 30 2014 3:14 PM
Malaysia Airlines is in serious financial and image trouble. After the losses of MH17 and MH370, a rebranding may be the way to go.
- Ebola's Flight Out Of Africa
July 29 2014 3:39 PM
Two African airlines have grounded flights from Liberia and Sierra Leone, but the good news is Ebola can't spread that easily.
- Airbnb Wants To Break Into Business Travel
July 28 2014 3:05 PM
The home-rental startup wants to attract business travelers by partnering with expense-management software company Concur.
- Emirates To Stop Flying Over Iraq In Wake of MH17 Disaster
July 28 2014 12:01 PM
One of the world's largest airlines will no longer fly over Iraq, amid concerns that ISIS militants may have ground-to-air missiles.
- Hard To Believe, But Air Travel Is The Safest It's Ever Been
July 24 2014 9:15 PM
With 462 people dead in three plane crashes, travelers are wondering if it's truly safe to fly.
- FAA Warned About Airspace Where AH5017 Crashed
July 24 2014 12:38 PM
The Air Algerie flight was traveling over a region controlled by Islamist militants, though France doubts the plane was shot down.
- FAA Renews Ban Prohibiting US Airliners From Flying To Israel
July 23 2014 1:12 PM
The FAA is continuing to “monitor and evaluate the situation," while the European Aviation Safety Agency has also issued a warning.
- Which Airlines Are Still Flying To Israel?
July 23 2014 11:28 AM
As major international carriers suspended their flights to Israel on Tuesday, British Airways remains one of the few to still offer service to Tel Aviv.
- Israeli Tourism Industry Takes Major Hit
July 22 2014 6:15 PM
The $13 billion Israeli tourism industry was set to have a record year in 2014, but conflict has caused travel to dry up.
- FAA Cancels All US Flights To Israel
July 22 2014 1:29 PM
The FAA is prohibiting all U.S. air carriers from flying in or out of Tel Aviv after rocket strikes were reported near the airport.
- US Air Carriers Cancel All Flights To Israel
July 22 2014 11:37 AM
Major U.S. airlines, including Delta and United, are suspending service to Israel amid fears of missile strikes and safety concerns.
- US Urges Americans To Avoid Travel to Israel, West Bank And Gaza
July 22 2014 9:23 AM
The U.S. State Department issued a new warning to American travelers on Monday.
- Your Airline Tickets Just Got Pricier
July 21 2014 10:43 AM
An increase in the TSA's Sept. 11 security fee went into effect Monday.