Ismat Sarah Mangla
- Emirates To Stop Flying Over Iraq In Wake of MH17 Disaster
July 28 2014 12:01 PM
One of the world's largest airlines will no longer fly over Iraq, amid concerns that ISIS militants may have ground-to-air missiles.
- Hard To Believe, But Air Travel Is The Safest It's Ever Been
July 24 2014 9:15 PM
With 462 people dead in three plane crashes, travelers are wondering if it's truly safe to fly.
- FAA Warned About Airspace Where AH5017 Crashed
July 24 2014 12:38 PM
The Air Algerie flight was traveling over a region controlled by Islamist militants, though France doubts the plane was shot down.
- FAA Renews Ban Prohibiting US Airliners From Flying To Israel
July 23 2014 1:12 PM
The FAA is continuing to “monitor and evaluate the situation," while the European Aviation Safety Agency has also issued a warning.
- Which Airlines Are Still Flying To Israel?
July 23 2014 11:28 AM
As major international carriers suspended their flights to Israel on Tuesday, British Airways remains one of the few to still offer service to Tel Aviv.
- Israeli Tourism Industry Takes Major Hit
July 22 2014 6:15 PM
The $13 billion Israeli tourism industry was set to have a record year in 2014, but conflict has caused travel to dry up.
- FAA Cancels All US Flights To Israel
July 22 2014 1:29 PM
The FAA is prohibiting all U.S. air carriers from flying in or out of Tel Aviv after rocket strikes were reported near the airport.
- US Air Carriers Cancel All Flights To Israel
July 22 2014 11:37 AM
Major U.S. airlines, including Delta and United, are suspending service to Israel amid fears of missile strikes and safety concerns.
- US Urges Americans To Avoid Travel to Israel, West Bank And Gaza
July 22 2014 9:23 AM
The U.S. State Department issued a new warning to American travelers on Monday.
- Your Airline Tickets Just Got Pricier
July 21 2014 10:43 AM
An increase in the TSA's Sept. 11 security fee went into effect Monday.
- The Netherlands In Mourning After Malaysia Airlines Disaster
July 18 2014 1:07 PM
Two-thirds of the passengers on MH17 were Dutch citizens. The crash was the worst air disaster for the country since 1977.
- Tragedy Strikes Twice For One Family
July 18 2014 10:34 AM
An Australian woman who lost family members aboard MH370 suffered another tragedy Thursday. Her stepdaughter was killed aboard MH17.
- Why Was MH17 Flying Over A Conflict Region?
July 17 2014 8:25 PM
At least two other commercial jets were nearby when Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down over a known hot spot.
- FAA Bans US Carriers From Part Of Ukraine Airspace
July 17 2014 2:40 PM
The Federal Aviation Authority barred U.S. pilots from flying over Crimea, after armed conflict broke out in the Ukrainian region.
- Malaysian Airliner Shot Down In Ukraine: Reports
July 17 2014 12:27 PM
A Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 passenger jet flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down in Ukraine, reports news agency Interfax.
- Ukraine Interior Ministry: More Than 300 Dead From Crash
July 17 2014 11:42 AM
Reuters reports that Russian airline Aeroflot will no longer fly over Ukraine territory.
- Cathay Pacific Lands 'Best Airline' Title
July 17 2014 10:13 AM
The Hong Kong-based airline nabbed the top spot in this year's World Airline Awards.
- Bicycle Seats In The Sky?
July 14 2014 12:32 PM
Aircraft manufacturer Airbus is patenting a new type of airline seat that resembles a bicycle seat.
- These Three Credit Cards Won't Get Rejected When Traveling Abroad
July 10 2014 4:22 PM
Overseas, chip-and-PIN technology is the norm for credit cards. If yours only has a magnetic strip, it might not work everywhere.
- Paint It Black: Air New Zealand Takes Charge of Boeing’s Latest Dreamliner
July 10 2014 12:12 PM
The new plane took off on its maiden flight for New Zealand on Thursday.