- South Africa's High-Tech Superman For Endangered Rhinos
December 04 2012 3:57 PM
South Africa unveils a strange new surveillance craft to monitor the poachers driving the rhino population to extinction.
- Al-Qaeda Terror Cells Move To Africa, Dig In, Branch Out
December 04 2012 8:17 AM
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, or AQIM, is putting down roots in Africa by way of Mali and branching out into Libya, Nigeria, Somalia and beyond.
- Russia And Turkey Discuss Syria
December 03 2012 7:41 PM
Meeting with Turkey's Erdogan on Monday, Russia's Putin draws on Chekhov to explain why he still opposes Patriot missiles near Syria.
- Syrian Internet Blackout Constrains Rebel Communication
November 30 2012 8:12 PM
As Syria's Internet shutdown hinders rebel communication, experts say it is almost certainly the work of the regime.
- Israel Plans Settlements In West Bank Following UN Vote
November 30 2012 3:27 PM
One day after Palestine's UN victory, the Israeli government has approved plans for new settlement construction in the West Bank.
- Facing HIV Resurgence, Uganda Needs Another Miracle
November 30 2012 1:57 PM
Uganda was once Africa's greatest success story in the fight against HIV/AIDS, but a recent rise in infections calls for a new plan.
- Botswana Announces Ban On Big-Game Hunting
November 29 2012 5:29 PM
Officials in Botswana have announced a 2014 ban on big-game hunting in an effort to preserve wildlife species.
- In Egypt, A Mad Rush To Approve An Islamist Constitution
November 29 2012 4:20 PM
Egyptian lawmakers rushed to approve a constitution full of Islamist clauses, tempered by protections like presidential term limits and a free press.
- Tunisia Resists Turmoil As Protests Rock Siliana
November 29 2012 3:04 PM
Demonstrators in the Tunisian town of Siliana are protesting unemployment as Ennahda struggles to align itself.
- Palestinian Solidarity Ceremony Kicks Off At The UN
November 29 2012 9:13 AM
Before the pivotal UN vote on Palestinian statehood, speakers are scheduled to commemorate the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
- Sierra Leone Post-Election Boycott Threatens Peace
November 28 2012 8:04 PM
The main opposition party in war-torn Sierra Leone has called for a political boycott, casting a cloud over President Koroma's re-election.
- In DR Congo, M23 Rebels May Withdraw From Goma
November 28 2012 5:51 PM
A leader of the DR Congo rebel group M23 said they would withdraw from Goma this week, but we've have heard that before.
- Egypt Sentences Blasphemers To Death, In Absentia
November 28 2012 4:04 PM
A Cairo court sentenced seven Egyptians to death in absentia over the 'Innocence of Muslims' video, and charged U.S. Pastor Terry Jones.
- As France’s UMP Party Crumbles, Sarkozy Saves The Day
November 28 2012 7:55 AM
France's main opposition party is splitting down the middle, and Nicolas Sarkozy may be the only one who can put it back together again.
- DR Congo: M23 Rebels Affirm, Deny Withdrawal From Goma
November 27 2012 11:01 PM
M23 rebels in the Democratic Republic of the Congo have not left Goma, despite earlier reports from Uganda that they might.
- Asian Tigers Battle Finland For Educational Supremacy
November 27 2012 3:51 PM
A new report, "The Learning Curve," ranks Finland the best educational performer on Earth -- and four Asian countries are the runners up.
- Winning Votes Easy, Battling Demons Tough For South Africa's ANC
November 27 2012 10:02 AM
South Africa is gearing up for an African National Congress (ANC) conference in Mangaung that may not amount to many changes -- for now.
- Nigerian Prison Attack Embarrasses Federal Government
November 26 2012 10:17 PM
Gunmen raided a prison outside Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja on Monday, killing two guards and freeing about 30 prisoners.
- Egypt's President Morsi Meets With Judgmental Judiciary
November 26 2012 5:09 PM
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi is at odds with high-level judges after issuing a controversial decree that critics have called a power grab.
- Congo Insurgency Threatens Central African Stability
November 22 2012 10:14 AM
The M23 insurgency in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could turn into another major war if international diplomats drag their feet.