- Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe: Dictator Or Fashion Mogul?
March 15 2013 6:15 AM
The party of Zimbabwe's autocratic President Robert Mugabe is trying to patent designs used by an apparel label, House of Gushungo.
- Was Pope Francis Complicit During Argentina's Dirty War?
March 14 2013 2:26 PM
When Pope Francis was Jorge Bergoglio, he may have been complicit in atrocious human rights violations during Argentina's dictatorship.
- Venezuela's Maduro: Chavez 'Convinced' Jesus To Pick Bergoglio
March 14 2013 11:49 AM
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said that the late Hugo Chavez convinced Jesus to allow Argentine Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio to become Pope Francis.
- Headlines Around The World Celebrate Pope Francis
March 13 2013 8:18 PM
A roundup of front page headlines around the world heralding the announcement that Jorge Bergoglio would be Pope Francis.
- In Argentina, A Mixed Reaction To Pope Francis
March 13 2013 4:33 PM
Argentina's Catholics reacted joyfully to news that Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio would become Pope Francis, but not everyone is quite so devoted.
- A Thief Is Pardoned By Corrupt Nigerian Government
March 13 2013 2:23 PM
Former Nigerian State Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha stole millions of dollars from the public but was pardoned by President Goodluck Jonathan.
- In Afghan War, Green-On-Blue Attacks Down But Not Out
March 12 2013 2:55 PM
Afghan security forces were implicated in dozens of so-called green-on-blue attacks against U.S. and other ISAF troops in Afghanistan.
- One Suspect Goes Free, But ICC Trial Still On For Kenyan President-Elect
March 11 2013 12:05 PM
The ICC has dropped its charges against Kenya’s former Cabinet Secretary Francis Muthaura, but that means nothing for Uhuru Kenyatta.
- Somali Pirates Face The Death Of A Business Model
March 08 2013 7:33 PM
For the fearsome pirates of Somalia, business is slowing down -- and local governments are picking up the spoils.
- The Plight Of Africa's Albino People
March 07 2013 12:37 PM
Albino people in East/Southern Africa are suffering attacks, amputations and murders, but some advocacy groups are working for change.
- In Kenya, Election Fraud Allegations Surface
March 07 2013 11:15 AM
Raila Odinga's party is claiming fraud in Kenya election -- just like they did five years ago before the country erupted into violence.
- Kenya May Elect A Man Indicted For Fomenting Violence
March 05 2013 11:54 PM
Provisional Kenyan presidential election results show front-runner Uhuru Kenyatta may win despite being indicted for crimes against humanity.
- Top Al Qaeda Leaders In Africa Could Be Dead, But Does It Matter?
March 05 2013 5:58 AM
Chadian officials say Mokhtar Belmokhtar and Abdelhamid Abou Zeid are dead. But even if it's true, regional turmoil is far from over.
- Kenyatta Leads In Early Kenya Election Returns
March 04 2013 7:49 PM
Final results of the presidential election in Kenya are yet to be released, but a provisional tally shows Uhuru Kenyatta in the lead.
- As Kenya Votes, Lines Are Long But Violence Is Low
March 04 2013 2:23 PM
Kenyan voters now await the election results of a close contest between Raila Odinga and Uhuru Kenyatta, with violence under control.
- Gerard Depardieu Abhors Taxes, Adores Autocrats
March 01 2013 6:54 AM
France's top actor hates Hollande but has no problem with Russia's Putin, Chechnya's Kadyrov, and the daughter of Uzbekistan's Karimov.
- Hezbollah's Nasrallah Tackles The Lebanese Rumor Mill
February 28 2013 5:55 AM
Rumors are flying in the country and the Hezbollah leader is having none of it.
- Divided, We Fight: A Primer On Syrian Opposition Groups
February 27 2013 9:55 AM
Political freedom and human rights are still at the root of the rebellion, but things have changed since the uprising began.
- A New Congo Peace Plan: Vague, But Not Hopeless
February 26 2013 5:54 AM
African leaders have agreed on new framework for peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Details are lacking, but potential is great.
- Cuba's Raul Castro Says He Will Retire In 2018
February 24 2013 7:02 PM
The Cuban president announced he will not seek re-election in 2018, as he named Miguel Diaz-Canel his top deputy Sunday.