Articles by Jacey Fortin
- Turks And Kurds Point Fingers After Paris Murders
January 12 2013 11:44 AM
Who killed Sakine Cansiz and two other Kurdish women in Paris? Turkish nationalists? PKK militants? Depends who you ask.
- France Suddenly Intervenes Against Mali Insurgents
January 11 2013 3:42 PM
French troops are already in Mali, where an Islamist insurgency is becoming a serious threat to West Africa and the world.
- This Is Hospitality? Authorities In Greece Assault Tourists
January 11 2013 5:40 AM
Greek efforts to clamp down on illegal immigration have resulted in a disturbing trend: tourists are sometimes targeted by officials.
- As Turkish Kurds Talk Peace, A Bloody Setback In Paris
January 10 2013 1:51 PM
The assassination of three Kurdish women in Paris could imperil peace talks between government officials and Kurds in Turkey.
- In Czech Republic, Presidential Election Gets Personal
January 10 2013 5:47 AM
The Czech Republic is about it elect its president directly for the first time.
- Court Decision Shows Bahrain Still Promising Reform With Fingers Crossed
January 09 2013 5:48 AM
A Bahrain court has upheld convictions for 20 opposition activists, proving once again that human rights are not a priority.
- Violence Not The Only Threat In Syria As Hunger Worsens
January 08 2013 1:33 PM
As hunger worsens in Syria, the World Food Program estimates that it will be unable to reach about 1 million citizens facing food insecurity this winter.
- Berlusconi’s New Alliance Could Seriously Shake Up Italian National Elections
January 08 2013 6:02 AM
An alliance between the PDL party and the Northern Alliance brings Silvio Berlusconi back into the spotlight ahead of Italian elections.
- Drama For Ghana: Opposition Party Rejects Election Results
January 07 2013 5:00 PM
Even after Ghana's inauguration of President John Mahama, the opposition NPP party candidate Nana Akufo-Addo refuses to accept defeat.
- Hollande Urges Catholic Schools To Remain Neutral On Gay Marriage
January 07 2013 12:13 PM
French President Francois Hollande said that Catholic schoolteachers should not bring the gay marriage debate into classrooms.
- Rebels In Central African Republic Advance Toward Bangui
January 06 2013 7:40 PM
The insurgent group Seleka is making headway toward Bangui, despite peace negotiations in Gabon planned for this week.
- Mandela Recovers At Home, As Health Questions Linger
January 06 2013 6:30 PM
Nelson Mandela is reportedly recovering well at home, but quiet speculation about his frailty and mental health are ongoing.