- There remain thousands of cults in existence around the globe.
- Fresh fears have been sparked of Russia attempting to interfere with Germany’s upcoming election.
- “Bacha bazi,” a centuries-old practice involving sexual enslavement of young boys, is to be outlawed in Afghanistan for the first time.
- The proposed outlawing of full-face veils in schools and government workplaces in Bavaria has been criticized as an election tactic.
- The Trump administration had been on the lookout for a new national security adviser since Michael Flynn was asked to resign last week.
- Lenin Moreno was edging closer to the mark needed to avoid a second round in Ecuador’s presidential election.