Jason Le Miere
- Brazil Frustrated By Ochoa In Fortaleza
June 17 2014 5:20 PM
Mexico and goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa frustrated hosts Brazil in a goalless draw at the 2014 World Cup in Fortaleza.
- Dutch Look To Back Up Spain Demolition
June 17 2014 1:02 PM
The Netherlands will be striving to build on their 5-1 demolition of Spain when they take on Australia in their second match of the 2014 World Cup.
- Russia Looking To Get Capello Edge
June 17 2014 10:48 AM
Russia take on South Korea in their opening match of the 2014 World Cup, hoping their experienced coach Fabio Capello can be a difference-maker.
- Belgium Try To Live Up To The Hype
June 17 2014 8:57 AM
A talented Belgium team begins their 2014 World Cup with a group match against Algeria in Belo Horizonte on Tuesday.
- USA Off To A Winning Start With Victory Over Ghana
June 16 2014 8:09 PM
John Brooks came off the bench to score a late winner for the United States in their opening 2014 World Cup match against Ghana.
- Dempsey Gives US Early Lead
June 16 2014 6:17 PM
Clint Dempsey got the United States’ 2014 World Cup campaign off to a perfect start, with a goal inside the first minute against Ghana.
- Klinsmann Confident Ahead Of Ghana Opener
June 16 2014 4:24 PM
Ahead of the United States’ opening game against Ghana, coach Jürgen Klinsmann has backed his players to flourish at the 2014 World Cup.
- Müller Hat-Trick Fires Germany To Portugal Rout
June 16 2014 1:55 PM
Thomas Müller fired a hat-trick in Germany’s emphatic 4-0 victory over Portugal in their opening game of the World Cup.
- Ronaldo Fit To Face Germany
June 16 2014 10:52 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself fit for Portugal’s opening game of the 2014 World Cup, against Germany on Monday.
- Brazil Looking For Fortaleza Repeat
June 16 2014 9:30 AM
Brazil will play the second match of their World Cup campaign against Mexico in Fortaleza on Tuesday, a year after beating the same opponents in the same venue.
- Messi Scores In Opening Argentina Win
June 15 2014 8:06 PM
Lionel Messi was on target as Argentina began their World Cup campaign with a 2-1 victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Messi Scores Stunner In World Cup Opener
June 15 2014 7:38 PM
Lionel Messi scored a superb goal in Argentina’s first match of the 2014 World Cup, against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Stakes High For US In Opening Game
June 15 2014 5:39 PM
There will be much at stake in the United States’ opening 2014 World Cup match against Ghana on Monday.
- Benzema Fires France To Impressive Win
June 15 2014 4:57 PM
Karim Benzema scored twice to give France an ideal start to their World Cup campaign with a 3-0 victory over Honduras in Group E.
- Germany And Portugal Set For Heavyweight Opener
June 15 2014 12:57 PM
Germany and Portugal will get their World Cup campaigns underway on Monday after buildups dominated by fitness concerns.
- Buffon To Miss Italy-England Clash
June 14 2014 2:36 PM
Gianluigi Buffon will miss Italy’s opening World Cup match against England in Manaus through injury.
- Colombia Secure Opening Win
June 14 2014 2:00 PM
Goals from Pablo Armero, Teofilo Gutierrez and James Rodriguez gave Colombia a 3-0 win over Greece to begin their World Cup campaign.
- Colombia Celebrate In Style
June 14 2014 12:29 PM
Pablo Armero and Colombia marked their goal against Greece with the World Cup’s best celebration to date.
- Chile Hold On To Defeat Spirited Aussies
June 13 2014 8:02 PM
Early goals from Alexis Sanchez and Jorge Valdivia sent Chile on their way to a 3-1 in over Australia in their opening match of World Cup Group B.
- Dutch Stun Spain In World Cup Classic
June 13 2014 4:54 PM
The Netherlands avenged their 2010 World Cup final loss to Spain with a thrilling 5-1 win over the holders in Salvador.