Articles by Jason Van Hoven
- Toyota Prius c: Why the Hybrid is a Bang for Your Buck [PHOTOS]
January 11 2012 4:29 PM
The Toyota Prius c, which debuted at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, might be the biggest bang-for-your-buck hybrid out there-Toyota Motor Company said that it will have a list price starting at less than $19,000 and a driving fuel economy rating of 53 mpg.
- George Lucas Hints at Hollywood Racism in Making of 'Red Tails' [VIDEOS]
January 11 2012 1:49 PM
Could Hollywood be racist? George Lucas hints at that sentiment after saying that he had a hard time attaining a $58 million budget to work on his upcoming movie Red Tails just because the cast and director of the film were all African-American.
- Church Vandal Calls Beyonce's Baby Blue Ivy Carter 'Satan on Earth' [PHOTO]
January 11 2012 11:04 AM
A vandal in North Carolina defaced the sign for Beulah Hill Baptist Church in West End, N.C, writing Beyoncé had her baby. Satan is on Earth.
- Sarah Burke: Canadian Freestyle Skiing Champion in Coma After Superpipe Injury
January 11 2012 9:37 AM
Canadian freestyle skiing champion Sarah Burke fell into a coma after sustaining an injury during a superpipe training run Tuesday at the Park City Mountain Resort in Park City, Utah, according to reports.
- Denver Airport Taunts Steelers Fans after Broncos, Tebow Playoff Win [PHOTO]
January 10 2012 4:51 PM
A Denver airport taunts Pittsburgh Steelers fans heading home after the Broncos' dramatic 29-23 overtime playoff win on Sunday with a question about--you guessed it--Tim Tebow.
- Actress AnnaLynne McCord Mistakenly Posts Topless Twitter Picture [PHOTO]
January 10 2012 2:45 PM
Actress AnnaLynne McCord found out she had a nip-slip after she accidentally tweeted a topless picture of herself on Friday to random Twitter user @Meganraee. She was quick enough, though, to re-post a less frontal photo after a little bit of cropping and without even commenting on the inadvertent reveal.
- New Amber Rose Single 'Fame' Drops, Features Wiz Khalifa [VIDEO]
January 10 2012 12:44 PM
Amber Rose's new single Fame featuring her boyfriend Wiz Khalifa has dropped this morning, already drawing mixed reactions from listeners. The 28-year-old model gave PerezHilton.com the privilege of having the first listen to the new track.
- 300 Foxconn Xbox 360 Manufacturers Threaten Mass Suicide Over Wages
January 10 2012 11:36 AM
Over 300 Xbox 360 manufacturers at a Foxconn Technology Group plant in Wuhan, China threatened mass suicide after being denied higher wages on Jan. 2, according to reports.
- Body of Michael Philbin, Son of Green Bay Packers Coach, Found
January 10 2012 10:08 AM
The body of Michael Philbin, the 21-year-old son of Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, has been found, according to reports.
- BCS Championship 2012 Game: Alabama vs. LSU [LIVE COVERAGE]
January 09 2012 5:35 PM
The BCS Championship 2012 game is finally here. Alabama faces LSU in a rematch of two highly-touted, equally gifted teams after a hard-fought, low-scoring 9-6 slugfest back on Nov. 5.
- Houston Flooding Leaves Thousands without Power, Roads Under Water [VIDEO]
January 09 2012 4:05 PM
Strong Houston flooding has left thousands of people and at least five schools without power after thunderstorms creating tornadoes, rain and hail swamped roads and bayous on Monday, according to reports.
- Darth Vader Burger: Ingredients for Star Wars Food and More Revealed
January 09 2012 1:23 PM
The Darth Vader burger and two other Star Wars-themed burgers have left many wondering what ingredients exactly comprises them. But now, questions of the burgers' makeup have been answered, according to a Monday press release from Quick, the French fast food chain promoting the burgers in conjunction with the Feb. 8, 2012 premiere of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D.
- Wisconsin Man, Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, Arrested on Drug Charges
January 09 2012 10:37 AM
A man named Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop was arrested on drug charges at Reynolds Park in Madison, Wis. Thursday afternoon after neighbors called in about excessive noise and drug use in a local park, according to reports.
- Papa John's Pizza Apologizes for Racial Receipt, Fires Employee [PHOTO]
January 09 2012 9:28 AM
Papa John's Pizza, amid much Twitter outrage, fired a cashier at one of its New York City locations and apologized via social media to an Asian-American customer for a receipt that used a racial slur to identify her on Friday.
- BCS Championship Game 2012: Alabama vs. LSU Preview and Where to Watch
January 08 2012 12:54 PM
The BCS Championship 2012 game will feature No. 2 Alabama (11-1) against No. 1 LSU (13-0) in what could be a repeat of a defensive knockdown, drag-out fight that the two teams had on Nov. 5. LSU edged Alabama 9-6 in OT on a Drew Alleman field goal and solidified itself as the best team in the nation after that.
- NFL Playoffs 2012 Schedule: Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Denver Broncos [PREVIEW]
January 08 2012 1:00 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers will face the Denver Broncos in the AFC wild card round on Sunday at Mile High Stadium. Will the veteran Steelers be the road warriors everyone expects or will Denver advance thanks to some more miracle magic by Tim Tebow?
- NFL Playoffs 2012 Schedule: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Houston Texans [PREVIEW]
January 06 2012 10:21 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals will face the Houston Texans in the AFC wild card round on Saturday at Reliant Stadium. Both teams, who have never faced each other in the postseason, will be riding the coattails of rookie quarterbacks looking to lead the way to the Super Bowl.
- Pope Benedict XVI Names 22 New Cardinals, Including 2 Americans [FULL LIST]
January 06 2012 5:39 PM
Pope Benedict XVI has named 22 new cardinals, his top advisers, on Friday that will eventually elect his successor, according to the Associated Press.
- Rasul 'Rocky' Clark, Paralyzed Since 2000, Dies After Surgery at 27
January 06 2012 4:31 PM
Rasul Rocky Clark, a former running back for the Eisenhower High School Cardinals in Blue Island, Ill. who was paralyzed from the neck down when he was tackled during a game in 2000, died at Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey, Chicago on Thursday at the age of 27, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Bob Weston, Ex-Fleetwood Mac Guitarist, Dies from Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage at 64
January 06 2012 3:28 PM
Bob Weston, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist on the albums Penguin and Mystery to Me, died Tuesday from a gastric intestinal hemorrhage, cirrhosis and throat problems at the age of 64, according to reports.