Articles by Jeremy White
- The Year Washington Got Serious About Guns
December 26 2012 4:48 PM
A horrific shooting in Connecticut changes the terms of the debate.
- NRA Breaks Silence, Backs Armed Guards In Schools
December 21 2012 11:39 AM
After staying mum on the Newtown gunfire mass murder, the NRA Friday backed better security in schools, led by armed guards.
- National Crises Push President's Approval Rating To 3-Year High
December 21 2012 9:34 AM
The election, and possibly Newtown, gave Obama a "bump" in the polls - a "rally-around-the-president" pattern that occurs mid/after crises.
- New Jersey's Cory Booker: Senate Run Up Ahead?
December 20 2012 1:23 PM
After hinting he might seek the governorship, Booker says he is exploring a 2014 Senate run for Frank Lautenberg's New Jersey seat.
- Obama's Second Term List: Climate, Immigration
December 20 2012 10:21 AM
The president says he will focus on immigration, climate change, energy -- and still the economy.
- Obama: 'Epidemic Of Gun Violence' Demands Action, And Soon
December 19 2012 12:20 PM
In the wake of Sandy Hook, the president personally reiterated his call for gun control.
- Judge Robert Bork, Conservative Icon, Dies At 85
December 19 2012 10:39 AM
Bork had a distinguished career that included serving as acting Attorney General, Solicitor General and judge.
- Benghazi Security Called 'Grossly Inadequate' In US State Department Report
December 19 2012 10:32 AM
A new report -- from the administration, not its Republican critics -- examines what went wrong in Libya.
- Obama Wins Time's 'Person Of The Year' Award - His Second
December 19 2012 9:22 AM
The award caps a comeback-year for the president, who many thought would lose the 2012 election, due to the sub-par U.S. economy.
- Obama To Cabinet: Let’s Talk Gun Control
December 18 2012 10:59 AM
In the wake of the Newtown shooting, the president has asked Vice President Joe Biden to push the effort forward.
- Connecticut Shooting Prompts Flood Of W. H. Petitions
December 17 2012 2:32 PM
The Obama Administration has received petitions for and against gun control with supporters so far outweighing opponents.
- Democratic Senators Signal US Gun Control Push
December 17 2012 10:59 AM
Sandy Hook has spurred calls to regulate guns, from senators and the president, with the first focus of attention being an assault weapon ban.
- Egyptians Vote On Newly Proposed Constitution
December 15 2012 1:37 PM
Egyptians headed to the polls Saturday to vote on a new constitution -- an event that will shape the country's politics for years to come.
- John Kerry To Get Nod As US Secretary Of State: Report
December 15 2012 12:53 PM
With Susan Rice out, Massachusetts senator John Kerry is reportedly in.
- Connecticut Shooting Ups Pressure For Gun Control
December 15 2012 11:33 AM
Once again, Democrats and advocates ask the president to act.
- Emotional Obama Reacts To Friday's School Shooting
December 14 2012 3:29 PM
A visibly upset U.S. President Barack Obama speaks to the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., but makes no mention of gun control.
- No Permit Needed To Buy Shotguns, Rifles In Connecticut
December 14 2012 3:02 PM
A brief overview of gun laws in the state where 26 people were killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting.
- Marijuana Laws In Washington, Colorado Not A Priority: Obama
December 14 2012 9:45 AM
President Barack Obama says there are "bigger fish to fry" than recreational pot users.
- Rice Gives Up On Secretary of State Nomination
December 13 2012 6:02 PM
The embattled secretary of state candidate, criticized by Republicans over the Benghazi attack, steps aside.
- White Majority In US To Vanish By Mid-Century: Census
December 13 2012 11:43 AM
The U.S. is set to become older and more diverse -- something that will likely reshape the nation's political map.