Articles by Jessica Menton
- Earnings To Watch This Week: Apple, AT&T, Facebook [VIDEO]
July 19 2013 4:38 PM
Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) and AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) report earnings next week.
- Earnings News: Microsoft, Google, GE [VIDEO]
July 19 2013 10:31 AM
Stocks opened mixed as Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported disappointing earnings.
- General Electric Q2 Earnings Preview [VIDEO]
July 18 2013 6:39 PM
General Electric Company (NYSE: GS) is forecast to report second-quarter earnings before the bell Friday.
- Traders React To New Twist As Fed To 'Divorce QE'
July 18 2013 2:56 PM
The Dow and S&P 500 flirt with all-time highs as investors listen to Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's congressional testimony.
- Earnings News: Intel, Morgan Stanley, IMB, EBay [VIDEO]
July 18 2013 11:36 AM
The Dow and S&P 500 advanced to record highs Thursday after Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) earnings beat expectations.
- Will Testimony Finally Reveal When Fed Will Taper Stimulus? [VIDEO]
July 17 2013 2:07 PM
Doreen Mogavero discusses what traders expect to hear from Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke during his speech before Congress.
- Google's Q2: Will Earnings Soar Past Street Estimates?
July 17 2013 12:40 PM
Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) is expected to report second-quarter EPS of $10.78 on revenue of $14.45 billion Thursday.
- Tech Earnings To Watch: Google, Microsoft, IBM, Intel
July 17 2013 5:43 AM
International Business Machines Corp., Intel Corp., Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and eBay Inc. release earnings this week.
- Bank Of America Q2 Earnings Preview
July 16 2013 1:17 PM
Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) is expected to report second-quarter EPS of 25 cents on revenue of $22.82 billion Wednesday.
- Water Wars Escalating In West Bank
July 15 2013 2:43 PM
According to a 2009 report by the World Bank, about 10 percent of the 2 million people living in the West Bank are forced to buy water trucked in by Israel’s national water company.
- Two Reasons Why China Concerns Investors [VIDEO]
July 15 2013 2:05 PM
China's second-quarter GDP, U.S. June retail sales and Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) earnings painted a mixed global picture Monday.
- Why Dimon Will Remain CEO of JPMorgan [VIDEO]
July 15 2013 11:28 AM
Stocks edged up on Friday, as the Dow and S&P 500 closed at record highs after reports from JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) and Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC) beat expectations.
- Citi Earnings Beat Street,While Retail Sales Miss
July 15 2013 10:52 AM
U.S. stocks opened flat Monday as Citigroup Inc (NYSE: C) reported second-quarter earnings that beat expectations.
- Events To Watch Next Week: China GDP, Earnings From Goldman, BofA, Citi [VIDEO]
July 12 2013 4:07 PM
Jason A. Weisberg of Seaport Securities discusses China's second-quarter GDP, U.S. retail sales data and earnings from Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C), Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS) and Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC).
- Stocks Flat Despite JPMorgan, Wells Fargo Earnings [VIDEO]
July 12 2013 10:41 AM
Wall Street struggled for direction at the open Friday despite upbeat earnings reports from JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) and Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC).
- Assessing Bernanke's Psychological Power Vis-A-Vis The Markets [VIDEO]
July 11 2013 5:05 PM
Greg Morcroft, senior money editor at the International Business Times, discusses the psychological effects Bernanke has on the global financial markets.
- Will US Tax Revenue Increase If Labor Participation Shrinks? [VIDEO]
July 11 2013 2:33 PM
Doreen Mogavero, CEO of Mogavero Lee & Co., discusses how federal budget cuts are affecting the labor force, small biz and baby boomers.
- All Eyes On Fed Minutes
July 10 2013 1:39 PM
U.S. stocks were little changed on Wednesday, ahead of the release of the latest minutes from the Federal Reserve's June FOMC meeting.
- Will Bernanke Comment On Fed Tapering?
July 10 2013 1:37 PM
Investors will eye the Fed’s minutes for any clues as to when the central bank will begin to scale back its $85 billion-per-month quantitative easing program.
- Alcoa Earnings Top Expectations
July 09 2013 10:36 AM
U.S. stocks edged higher at the open Tuesday after better-than-expected results from Alcoa Inc (NYSE:AA) help lift investor sentiment over the the start of second quarter earnings season. As of 10:02 Eastern, the Dow Jones industrial average .DJI gained 70.58 points, or 0.46 percent, to 15,295.27. The S&P 500 Index .SPX added 8.42 points, or 0.51 percent, to 1,648.88. The Nasdaq Composite Index .IXIC rose 8.36 points, or 0.24 percent, to 3,493.19.