- Verizon Wireless $130 Billion Deal Could Be Done By Monday: Report
August 31 2013 11:41 PM
Directors of Verizon and Vodafone may vote this weekend on what would be the third-largest deal in M&A history.
- China’s Official Manufacturing PMI Rises To 51.0% In August From 50.3% In July
August 31 2013 9:49 PM
Activity in Chinese manufacturing sped up recently, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
- 2013 MTV Video Music Awards: Complete List Of Winners
August 25 2013 11:39 PM
Justin Timberlake’s “Mirrors” took home the Moonman for Video of the Year at the MTV Video Music Awards Sunday night.
- MTV Video Music Awards: Video Of The Year, 1984-2012 [VIDEOS]
August 25 2013 7:14 PM
Every Video of the Year honored at each of the last 29 annual MTV Video Music Awards has been worth hearing and seeing at least once.
- Cargo Volume In July Falls A Little In Los Angeles, Rises A Lot In Long Beach
August 16 2013 11:57 PM
Containerized cargo volume at the two busiest ports in the U.S. headed in different directions last month.
- Japan GDP Growth In The Second Quarter Misses Analysts’ Estimates, By A Mile
August 11 2013 8:07 PM
Growth in Japan’s GDP dipped to 0.6 percent in the second quarter from a downwardly revised 0.9 percent in the first quarter.
- 4 ‘Highly Qualified’ Candidates In Contention As Fed Head: Obama
August 10 2013 11:43 PM
The choice of a new Federal Reserve chairman, or chairwoman, was discussed by the president at his press conference.
- China PMI Data: Services Sector Steady, Composite Down
August 04 2013 10:45 PM
The latest HSBC China purchasing managers’ indexes indicate a divergence between the two economic sectors.
- Japan PMI Readings Point To Slowdown In World’s Third-Largest Economy
August 04 2013 7:41 PM
The latest levels of Japan’s PMI composite and its PMI for the service sector indicate a slowdown in the economy.
- Powerball Winning Numbers Announced In Drawing For $300M Jackpot
August 03 2013 11:01 PM
Numbers of the five white balls and one red ball drawn in the high-stakes Powerball game were announced Saturday night.
- Powerball Jackpot Climbs To $300 Million: Where To Watch Drawing Saturday
August 03 2013 3:45 PM
This Powerball drawing could produce the Multi-State Lottery Association game’s third-biggest winner of 2013.
- Acetaminophen May Cause ‘Rare But Serious Skin Reactions’: FDA
August 02 2013 11:35 PM
Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis are the most serious skin reactions linked to acetaminophen in rare cases, FDA says.
- Italy Bus Crash Kills At Least 36 Outside Avellino In Campania
July 28 2013 8:23 PM
At least 36 people were killed and 11 were injured Sunday in a bus crash on a highway between Naples and Canosa in Italy.
- Apple IPhone 5C: Is This The Name Of The Tech Giant’s Budget Smartphone?
July 28 2013 6:07 PM
Clues gathered across three continents this weekend indicate Apple Inc.’s anticipated budget smartphone may be called the iPhone 5C.
- Perseid Meteor Shower ‘Fireball Champion’ Of Celestial Events
July 27 2013 11:30 PM
Many amateur astronomers believe the Perseid meteor shower is the best sky-watching event year in and year out.
- CMS Halts Enrollment Of New Health-Care Agencies In 3 Metro Areas
July 26 2013 11:02 PM
CMS says Obamacare is aiding in battle against fraud in Medicare, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Powerful Earthquake In China’s Gansu Province May Have Killed 11, Injured 81
July 22 2013 12:00 AM
A strong magnitude-5.9 earthquake struck China’s Gansu province Monday at 7:45 a.m. local time (Sunday at 7:45 p.m. EDT).
- Will Hardware Maker Nintendo Acquire Software Developer Atlus?
July 20 2013 9:42 PM
The bankrupt parent company of video-game publisher Atlus appears poised to begin auctioning its assets as early as this week.
- China’s Growth In GDP Dips To 7.5% In 2Q From 7.7% In 1Q
July 14 2013 11:48 PM
Growth of China’s gross domestic product dipped to 7.5 percent in the second quarter from 7.7 percent in the first quarter this year.
- Explosion Of Large Runaway Train In Small Canadian Town Kills At Least 1
July 07 2013 12:05 AM
An eastbound freight train with 72 carloads of crude oil, five locomotives and no engineer derailed and exploded in Quebec Saturday.