- Will Hardware Maker Nintendo Acquire Software Developer Atlus?
July 20 2013 9:42 PM
The bankrupt parent company of video-game publisher Atlus appears poised to begin auctioning its assets as early as this week.
- China’s Growth In GDP Dips To 7.5% In 2Q From 7.7% In 1Q
July 14 2013 11:48 PM
Growth of China’s gross domestic product dipped to 7.5 percent in the second quarter from 7.7 percent in the first quarter this year.
- Explosion Of Large Runaway Train In Small Canadian Town Kills At Least 1
July 07 2013 12:05 AM
An eastbound freight train with 72 carloads of crude oil, five locomotives and no engineer derailed and exploded in Quebec Saturday.
- Manhattanhenge: The New York Solar Phenomenon
July 06 2013 10:53 AM
The best Manhattanhenge photographers batted .500 in capturing images of the setting Sun the first time around this year.
- Enrollment In Obamacare Marketplace Opens In 100 Days
June 22 2013 9:52 PM
The U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has launched a revamped HealthCare.gov site to answer questions.
- World’s Most Popular Landmark Reopens Fourth Of July
June 22 2013 8:21 PM
The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor will be back in business just in time for the celebration of the U.S. Independence Day.
- Cocaine Gives Way To Gold In Colombia
June 21 2013 10:45 PM
Armed groups in Colombia are booking higher earnings through illegal gold mining than through illegal cocaine production.
- Nicaraguan Quake Second-Biggest Newsmaker In Country This Week
June 15 2013 10:25 PM
A powerful magnitude-6.5 earthquake shook Nicaragua’s Pacific Coast Saturday at 11:34 a.m. local time.
- Facebook Releases Data On US National-Security Requests
June 14 2013 11:18 PM
Facebook reported Friday it had between 9,000 and 10,000 information requests related to national security in the last six months of 2012.
- Cyndi Lauper, ‘Kinky Boots’ Walk Away With Hardware
June 09 2013 11:24 PM
Marketing of several Broadway shows in New York may be set afire by their successes at the 67th annual Tony Awards show Sunday.
- Movie2K Change Into Movie4K Now Complete
June 02 2013 2:00 PM
Movie2k.to morphed into Movie4k.to this weekend after the online streaming-movie portal had mysteriously gone missing in action last week.
- Turkish PM’s Call To Disperse Falls On Deaf Ears
June 01 2013 11:54 PM
Clashes between demonstrators and police continued in Turkey for a third day, albeit at a lower level of intensity.
- ‘Doctor Who’? Matt Smith To Depart Series In December
June 01 2013 9:36 PM
Matt Smith, aka the 11th Doctor in the British television series “Doctor Who,” will be turning over his key to the TARDIS in December.
- Alternatives To The Apparently Dead Movie2K
June 01 2013 12:36 AM
The streaming-movie portal Movie2K mysteriously went missing in action this week, but its operators may be planning a sequel.
- Tornadoes Tear Through Oklahoma City Metro Area, Again
May 31 2013 8:43 PM
A mother and a baby are the first known casualties of the cluster of tornadoes that struck the Oklahoma City metropolitan area Friday night.
- Missouri Wreck The 3rd Rail Mishap In Rockview In 2013
May 26 2013 9:36 PM
The cost of replacing the Missouri Route M highway overpass creamed by the freight-train crash In Scott County is estimated at about $3 million.
- ‘Giving Thanks To Our Fallen Heroes This Memorial Day’
May 26 2013 4:05 PM
The commander in chief anticipated the commemoration of Memorial Day by paying tribute to America’s fallen heroes in his weekly address.
- ‘March Against Monsanto’ Draws As Many As 2M Globally
May 25 2013 11:30 PM
Demonstrators targeted the Monsanto Co. because of its historical role in introducing genetically modified products into the food supply.
- Commuters Face Challenges In Wake Of Connecticut Crash
May 19 2013 8:35 PM
Rail riders will continue to feel Monday the impacts of the commuter-train crash in Bridgeport Friday.
- Powerball Numbers Announced In Estimated $600M Drawing
May 18 2013 11:34 PM
Numbers drawn in the Multi-State Lottery Association's Powerball lottery were announced Saturday.