Articles by J.J. McGrath
- ‘Doctor Who’? Matt Smith To Depart Series In December
June 01 2013 9:36 PM
Matt Smith, aka the 11th Doctor in the British television series “Doctor Who,” will be turning over his key to the TARDIS in December.
- Alternatives To The Apparently Dead Movie2K
June 01 2013 12:36 AM
The streaming-movie portal Movie2K mysteriously went missing in action this week, but its operators may be planning a sequel.
- Tornadoes Tear Through Oklahoma City Metro Area, Again
May 31 2013 8:43 PM
A mother and a baby are the first known casualties of the cluster of tornadoes that struck the Oklahoma City metropolitan area Friday night.
- Missouri Wreck The 3rd Rail Mishap In Rockview In 2013
May 26 2013 9:36 PM
The cost of replacing the Missouri Route M highway overpass creamed by the freight-train crash In Scott County is estimated at about $3 million.
- ‘Giving Thanks To Our Fallen Heroes This Memorial Day’
May 26 2013 4:05 PM
The commander in chief anticipated the commemoration of Memorial Day by paying tribute to America’s fallen heroes in his weekly address.
- ‘March Against Monsanto’ Draws As Many As 2M Globally
May 25 2013 11:30 PM
Demonstrators targeted the Monsanto Co. because of its historical role in introducing genetically modified products into the food supply.
- Commuters Face Challenges In Wake Of Connecticut Crash
May 19 2013 8:35 PM
Rail riders will continue to feel Monday the impacts of the commuter-train crash in Bridgeport Friday.
- Powerball Numbers Announced In Estimated $600M Drawing
May 18 2013 11:34 PM
Numbers drawn in the Multi-State Lottery Association's Powerball lottery were announced Saturday.
- Ben S. Bernanke Speaks At Simon’s Rock Commencement
May 18 2013 10:49 PM
The U.S. Federal Reserve chairman delivered an address centered on "Economic Prospects for the Long Run," and here's what he had to say.
- Dozens Injured When Metro-North Trains Crash In Connecticut
May 17 2013 7:43 PM
Ambulances have rushed to the scene of a collision of two Metro-North Railroad trains that occurred Friday night.
- Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan’s Once And Future PM?
May 11 2013 10:49 PM
The leader of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz political party has claimed victory in the elections Saturday.
- BMC Software May Be Acquired For More Than $6.5 Billion
May 05 2013 11:26 PM
Private-equity players Bain Capital LLC and Golden Gate Capital could close the deal before BMC delivers its financial report Tuesday.
- Alaska's Cleveland Volcano Explodes Saturday Morning: AVO
May 05 2013 12:04 AM
Alaska's Cleveland Volcano -- aka Mount Cleveland when in a more sedate mood -- began erupting Saturday at 5 a.m. AKDT (9 a.m. EDT).
- Caterpillar Axing Decatur Head Count By Another 300
May 04 2013 11:13 PM
Caterpillar Inc. announced it would slash the workforce at its plant in Decatur, Ill., for the second time in as many months.
- California Pizza Kitchen, DiGiorno Pizza Recalled By Nestle USA
May 04 2013 7:56 PM
Nestle USA is recalling certain production codes of four different California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas distributed in the U.S.
- Impressions: May Day In New York's Central Park [PHOTOS]
May 04 2013 3:45 PM
If Claude Monet were around, he would have had a great time doing his Impressionistic, open-air painting thing in Central Park on May Day.
- Brawl At Mexican Prison Leaves 13 Dead, 65 Injured
April 27 2013 11:48 PM
The clash apparently took place between inmates wielding homemade knives and picks at a prison in San Luis Potosi.
- How To See Saturn At Its Best, Biggest And Brightest [VIDEO]
April 27 2013 7:26 PM
Saturn will appear brighter Sunday and Monday than at any other time this year because it will be making its closest approach to Earth.
- China Earthquake Fifth-Largest To Shake Sichuan In Past 90 Years
April 21 2013 8:46 PM
U.S. Geological Survey data indicate the temblor this weekend was the fifth-largest to pound the province since 1923.
- How High-Tech Tools Aided The Manhunt [PHOTOS]
April 20 2013 5:58 PM
Massachusetts State Police photos show usefulness of robotics and thermal-imaging cameras in the search for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.