- Dozens Injured When Metro-North Trains Crash In Connecticut
May 17 2013 7:43 PM
Ambulances have rushed to the scene of a collision of two Metro-North Railroad trains that occurred Friday night.
- Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan’s Once And Future PM?
May 11 2013 10:49 PM
The leader of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz political party has claimed victory in the elections Saturday.
- BMC Software May Be Acquired For More Than $6.5 Billion
May 05 2013 11:26 PM
Private-equity players Bain Capital LLC and Golden Gate Capital could close the deal before BMC delivers its financial report Tuesday.
- Alaska's Cleveland Volcano Explodes Saturday Morning: AVO
May 05 2013 12:04 AM
Alaska's Cleveland Volcano -- aka Mount Cleveland when in a more sedate mood -- began erupting Saturday at 5 a.m. AKDT (9 a.m. EDT).
- Caterpillar Axing Decatur Head Count By Another 300
May 04 2013 11:13 PM
Caterpillar Inc. announced it would slash the workforce at its plant in Decatur, Ill., for the second time in as many months.
- California Pizza Kitchen, DiGiorno Pizza Recalled By Nestle USA
May 04 2013 7:56 PM
Nestle USA is recalling certain production codes of four different California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas distributed in the U.S.
- Impressions: May Day In New York's Central Park [PHOTOS]
May 04 2013 3:45 PM
If Claude Monet were around, he would have had a great time doing his Impressionistic, open-air painting thing in Central Park on May Day.
- Brawl At Mexican Prison Leaves 13 Dead, 65 Injured
April 27 2013 11:48 PM
The clash apparently took place between inmates wielding homemade knives and picks at a prison in San Luis Potosi.
- How To See Saturn At Its Best, Biggest And Brightest [VIDEO]
April 27 2013 7:26 PM
Saturn will appear brighter Sunday and Monday than at any other time this year because it will be making its closest approach to Earth.
- China Earthquake Fifth-Largest To Shake Sichuan In Past 90 Years
April 21 2013 8:46 PM
U.S. Geological Survey data indicate the temblor this weekend was the fifth-largest to pound the province since 1923.
- How High-Tech Tools Aided The Manhunt [PHOTOS]
April 20 2013 5:58 PM
Massachusetts State Police photos show usefulness of robotics and thermal-imaging cameras in the search for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
- Magnitude-6.6 Quake Kills At Least 156, Injures 5,500 In China
April 20 2013 12:52 AM
The earthquake, China's worst in three years, occurred Saturday morning in Lushan county near Ya'an city.
- $12B Merger Monday For Life Technologies And Thermo Fisher Scientific?
April 14 2013 7:31 PM
A Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. acquisition of the Life Technologies Corp. appeared close to completion Sunday.
- Manda Fleshes Out Meat Recall To 468,000 Pounds Of Products
April 13 2013 10:58 PM
The Manda Packing Co. has expanded a recall to include 468,000 pounds of meat as a result of possible contamination by Listeria monocytogenes.
- EU Aims At Big Game: Depositors With €100,000+
April 06 2013 11:56 PM
Big-money bank depositors in the European Union have good reason to believe there are targets on their backs.
- Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide: Matthew Warren Was 27
April 06 2013 9:19 PM
Matthew Warren -- the 27-year-old son of the Rev. Rick Warren, the pastor of the Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. -- took his own life this weekend.
- Bob Turley, New York Yankees Star Pitcher, Dies At 82
March 31 2013 6:16 PM
Best remembered for a season when he hurled the New York Yankees to one of its most unlikely World Series championships, Bob Turley died Saturday.
- Labor, Business Agree On Key Aspect Of Immigration Reform
March 30 2013 11:27 PM
The AFL-CIO and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce apparently have agreed on an approach to dealing with future guest workers in the country.
- Bargain-Basement Bronx Bombers On Opening Day?
March 30 2013 7:17 PM
Statistically speaking, the cost of the New York Yankees Opening Day lineup will reflect the change in the club between last year and this year.
- Eurogroup Statement On Cyprus [FULL TEXT]
March 24 2013 11:00 PM
Here is the full text of the Eurogroup Statement on Cyprus, as issued in Brussels early Monday.