Articles by J.J. McGrath
- The Hacks Of Life: Cyberattackers Claim Evernote As Victim
March 03 2013 4:06 PM
Add the privately held Evernote Corp. to the growing list of U.S.-based information-technology outfits targeted by hackers this year.
- Adelson's Sands Admits It 'Likely' Violated Bribery Law
March 03 2013 12:30 AM
The casino-resort operator made the acknowledgment in its annual report to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Will HP Slate 7 Give Apple IPad A Run For The Money?
February 24 2013 7:32 PM
The Hewlett-Packard Co. will re-enter the consumer tablet market this spring with its $169 HP Slate 7, the company announced Sunday.
- Danica Patrick Earns Historic Daytona 500 Pole
February 17 2013 10:31 PM
Patrick became the first woman to win the pole position for the Daytona 500.
- BMW Of North America Recalling 534,810 US Vehicles
February 16 2013 10:20 PM
The Beemers will be recalled for two separate reasons, one centered on the braking system, the other centered on the electrical system.
- Anonymous Says It Shut Down US Justice Department Website
January 26 2013 8:43 PM
Anonymous, a hacktivist group, claimed its Operation Last Resort was responsible for the shutdown of a U.S. government website Saturday.
- NLRB's Lack Of A Quorum Could Lead To Challenges Of Its Decisions
January 26 2013 4:09 PM
National Labor Relations Board decisions in the past year could be contested due to a court ruling on the president's NLRB appointments.
- US President Obama Takes Oath - 'Our Journey Is Not Complete'
January 20 2013 11:33 PM
President Barack Obama was publicly sworn in during a ceremony in front of the U.S. Capitol to herald his second term's start.
- Katy Perry Rocks The Red, White, And Blue At Kids' Inaugural [VIDEOS]
January 20 2013 9:44 PM
Superstar singer-songwriter Katy Perry was the featured performer at the Kids' Inaugural: Our Children, Our Future concert in Washington Saturday night.
- Frederick Buttaccio First American Confirmed Dead In Algerian Crisis
January 18 2013 11:47 PM
Frederick Buttaccio, 58, of Katy, Texas, is the first American confirmed dead as a result of the continuing hostage crisis in Algeria.
- Big-Screen Phones, Hybrids, HDTVs At 2013 CES
January 06 2013 5:20 PM
The 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show will launch in Las Vegas Tuesday, and here's a preview of what to expect.
- Delhi Gang-Rape Victim Is Named By UK Newspaper
January 05 2013 10:36 PM
The name of the Indian medical student who was brutally gang-raped on a Delhi bus Dec. 16 and died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital Dec. 29 was published Sunday.
- Syria's Bashar Assad Will Deliver A Rare Speech Sunday
January 05 2013 7:09 PM
Syrian President Bashar Assad will deliver a speech Sunday on the latest developments in the country and the Middle East region, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency.
- US East And Gulf Coast Ports Strike Deadline Set For Next Sunday
December 23 2012 9:25 PM
December began with a major labor-management dispute on American docks, and the month may end the same way.
- Rihanna Donates $1.75 Million To Queen Elizabeth Hospital Barbados
December 23 2012 6:46 PM
Rihanna's Clara Lionel Foundation contributed equipment worth more than $1.75 million to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Barbados.
- Christmas 2012: Memorable Scenes Of The Holiday Season [PHOTOS]
December 23 2012 5:45 PM
Check out a baker's dozen of stunning photographs in this pictorial of the Christmas holiday season around the world this year.
- Italy's Parliamentary Elections Planned For Feb 24-25
December 22 2012 11:48 PM
Italy's President Giorgio Napolitano dissolved the country's parliament Saturday in the wake of caretaker Prime Minister Mario Monti's resignation Friday.
- Egyptian Voters Appear To Have OK'd Constitution
December 22 2012 10:57 PM
Political factions both for and against Egypt's draft constitution agreed Sunday that it has likely been approved by those participating in the two-part referendum conducted Saturday and Dec. 15.
- President's Remarks At Newtown Vigil [FULL TEXT]
December 16 2012 11:57 PM
President Obama spoke at the Sandy Hook interfaith prayer vigil at the Newtown (Conn.) High School Sunday night. Here's what he had to say.
- Sandy Hook School Shooting Victims Named By Connecticut State Police
December 15 2012 10:04 PM
The 20 children and six adults slain at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Friday were named by the Connecticut State Police Saturday.