- Egypt's President Mohammed Morsi Reportedly Annuls Decree, But Constitutional Referendum Still Set For Dec 15
December 09 2012 12:11 AM
Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi reportedly annulled his controversial constitutional decree Saturday, but vote is still set for Dec. 15.
- Japan Earthquake One Of 14 Big Shakers On Friday
December 08 2012 12:39 AM
Friday was an earthshaking day around the Pacific Rim, as the U.S. Geological Survey reported 14 earthquakes of at least magnitude 5.0 hit the Asia-Pacific region.
- China Has Outpaced US As Trading Partner Since 2006
December 02 2012 11:34 PM
China surpassed the U.S. as a trading partner in many places around the world in the short span of five years, according to an analysis of trade data conducted by the Associated Press.
- North America's Busiest Ports Continue To Be Hobbled By Strike
December 02 2012 9:43 PM
Ten of 15 container terminals at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach were closed Sunday because of a walkout by clerical workers.
- SectorWise: Cyclical Stocks Hot, Utility Stocks Not In First 11 Months Of Year
December 02 2012 4:34 PM
The Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR Fund rose 21.81 percent, while the Utilities Select Sector SPDR Fund fell 1.83 percent.
- Egyptians Will Vote On Draft Constitution Dec 15
December 01 2012 11:49 PM
Egypt's controversial draft constitution will be put to a referendum Dec. 15, President Mohammed Morsi announced at a meeting of the country's Islamist-dominated Constituent Assembly Saturday.
- LIPA Chairman Latest To Resign In High-Level Exodus In Wake Of Superstorm Sandy
December 01 2012 10:32 PM
Long Island Power Authority Chairman Howard E. Steinberg is the latest high-level figure to resign at the utility because of Superstorm Sandy.
- Knight Capital CEO: 'No Need' To Make A Major Move
November 25 2012 11:42 PM
Knight Capital Group Inc. -- reportedly discussing with at least two different competitors a deal to sell its market-making unit -- would agree to such a transaction only in the event it would create value for its clients and shareholders.
- Black Friday Online Retail Sales Rise 26% To $1.04B
November 25 2012 5:56 PM
U.S. online retail spending on Black Friday surpassed the $1 billion milestone for the first time, according to researcher comScore Inc.
- Black Friday Retail Foot Traffic Rises 3.5%, Sales Fall 1.8%
November 24 2012 10:39 PM
Black Friday was a good-news, bad-news kind of day for U.S. retailers, based on estimates released by researcher ShopperTrak.
- Volkswagen Driving To Become No. 1 Automaker, Globally
November 24 2012 12:01 AM
Driving to become the world's largest automaker by the end of this decade, Volkswagen AG said Friday it plans to make €50.2 billion ($64.7 billion) in strategic investments during the next three years.
- Egyptian Deja Vu: Scenes Of Cairo's Tahrir Square, 2012 [PHOTOS]
November 23 2012 10:37 PM
Cairo's Tahrir Square was the epicenter of the successful Egyptian Revolution of 2011 that shook the country's old governmental structure to its very core.
- Egyptians Clash Over 'New Pharoah' Power Grab
November 23 2012 9:44 PM
Egypt has been a powder keg many times in the past five millennia, and it may have exploded again Friday.
- Chinese Police Arrest 73 In Fake Luxury-Bag Ring
November 18 2012 11:36 PM
Acting on intelligence gathered during a joint investigation by Chinese and U.S. law-enforcement authorities, Chinese police on Sunday arrested 73 people who are suspected of being involved in the counterfeit luxury-bag trade across national borders.
- Cisco To Buy Cloud-Networking Firm Meraki For $1.2B
November 18 2012 9:33 PM
Cisco Systems announced Sunday it plans to acquire privately held cloud-networking company Meraki Inc. for about $1.2 billion.
- ITW Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
November 18 2012 6:34 PM
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
- Israeli Airstrikes On Gaza City Media Centers Draw Flak
November 18 2012 4:09 PM
Two advocates of freedom of the press have sounded alarms over Israel's deliberate targeting of two media centers in Gaza City.
- Hamas, Israel Battle Continues In Gaza
November 17 2012 10:57 PM
"There are some indications that there could be a cease-fire soon," Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi said, but there are "no guarantees."
- Apple, HTC Enter Into 10-Year Cross-Licensing Deal, Exit All Patent Litigation
November 11 2012 8:47 PM
Apple and HTC reached a global settlement that encompasses the beginning of a 10-year cross-licensing deal and the end of all current lawsuits between them.
- Turn Back The Hands Of Time Sunday At 2 AM
November 03 2012 4:02 PM
Daylight saving time, or DST, this year in most of Canada, a lot of the U.S., and a little of Mexico began March 11 at 2 a.m. local standard time and ends Sunday at 2 a.m. local daylight time.