- Frederick Buttaccio First American Confirmed Dead In Algerian Crisis
January 18 2013 11:47 PM
Frederick Buttaccio, 58, of Katy, Texas, is the first American confirmed dead as a result of the continuing hostage crisis in Algeria.
- Big-Screen Phones, Hybrids, HDTVs At 2013 CES
January 06 2013 5:20 PM
The 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show will launch in Las Vegas Tuesday, and here's a preview of what to expect.
- Delhi Gang-Rape Victim Is Named By UK Newspaper
January 05 2013 10:36 PM
The name of the Indian medical student who was brutally gang-raped on a Delhi bus Dec. 16 and died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital Dec. 29 was published Sunday.
- Syria's Bashar Assad Will Deliver A Rare Speech Sunday
January 05 2013 7:09 PM
Syrian President Bashar Assad will deliver a speech Sunday on the latest developments in the country and the Middle East region, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency.
- US East And Gulf Coast Ports Strike Deadline Set For Next Sunday
December 23 2012 9:25 PM
December began with a major labor-management dispute on American docks, and the month may end the same way.
- Rihanna Donates $1.75 Million To Queen Elizabeth Hospital Barbados
December 23 2012 6:46 PM
Rihanna's Clara Lionel Foundation contributed equipment worth more than $1.75 million to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Barbados.
- Christmas 2012: Memorable Scenes Of The Holiday Season [PHOTOS]
December 23 2012 5:45 PM
Check out a baker's dozen of stunning photographs in this pictorial of the Christmas holiday season around the world this year.
- Italy's Parliamentary Elections Planned For Feb 24-25
December 22 2012 11:48 PM
Italy's President Giorgio Napolitano dissolved the country's parliament Saturday in the wake of caretaker Prime Minister Mario Monti's resignation Friday.
- Egyptian Voters Appear To Have OK'd Constitution
December 22 2012 10:57 PM
Political factions both for and against Egypt's draft constitution agreed Sunday that it has likely been approved by those participating in the two-part referendum conducted Saturday and Dec. 15.
- President's Remarks At Newtown Vigil [FULL TEXT]
December 16 2012 11:57 PM
President Obama spoke at the Sandy Hook interfaith prayer vigil at the Newtown (Conn.) High School Sunday night. Here's what he had to say.
- Sandy Hook School Shooting Victims Named By Connecticut State Police
December 15 2012 10:04 PM
The 20 children and six adults slain at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Friday were named by the Connecticut State Police Saturday.
- Back To Uncertainty (And Berlusconi?) For Italy As PM Resigns
December 09 2012 9:14 PM
Italian political manuevering was suddenly thrust into high gear Sunday after the surprise resignation of Prime Minister Mario Monti.
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela Still Hospitalized
December 09 2012 6:29 PM
As Nelson Mandela spent his second day in a Pretoria hospital Sunday, South Africans prayed for his recovery and the government told people not to worry.
- Egypt's Opposition Calls For Boycott Of Vote Saturday
December 09 2012 5:47 PM
Egypt's main opposition coalition on Sunday rejected President Mohammed Morsi's plan for a constitutional referendum next weekend.
- Egypt's President Mohammed Morsi Reportedly Annuls Decree
December 09 2012 12:11 AM
Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi reportedly annulled his controversial constitutional decree Saturday, but vote is still set for Dec. 15.
- Japan Earthquake One Of 14 Big Shakers On Friday
December 08 2012 12:39 AM
Friday was an earthshaking day around the Pacific Rim, as the U.S. Geological Survey reported 14 earthquakes of at least magnitude 5.0 hit the Asia-Pacific region.
- China Has Outpaced US As Trading Partner Since 2006
December 02 2012 11:34 PM
China surpassed the U.S. as a trading partner in many places around the world in the short span of five years, according to an analysis of trade data conducted by the Associated Press.
- North America's Busiest Ports Continue To Be Hobbled By Strike
December 02 2012 9:43 PM
Ten of 15 container terminals at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach were closed Sunday because of a walkout by clerical workers.
- SectorWise: Cyclical Stocks Hot, Utility Stocks Not In First 11 Months Of Year
December 02 2012 4:34 PM
The Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR Fund rose 21.81 percent, while the Utilities Select Sector SPDR Fund fell 1.83 percent.
- Egyptians Will Vote On Draft Constitution Dec 15
December 01 2012 11:49 PM
Egypt's controversial draft constitution will be put to a referendum Dec. 15, President Mohammed Morsi announced at a meeting of the country's Islamist-dominated Constituent Assembly Saturday.