- Black Friday Online Retail Sales Rise 26% To $1.04B
November 25 2012 5:56 PM
U.S. online retail spending on Black Friday surpassed the $1 billion milestone for the first time, according to researcher comScore Inc.
- Black Friday Retail Foot Traffic Rises 3.5%, Sales Fall 1.8%
November 24 2012 10:39 PM
Black Friday was a good-news, bad-news kind of day for U.S. retailers, based on estimates released by researcher ShopperTrak.
- Volkswagen Driving To Become No. 1 Automaker, Globally
November 24 2012 12:01 AM
Driving to become the world's largest automaker by the end of this decade, Volkswagen AG said Friday it plans to make €50.2 billion ($64.7 billion) in strategic investments during the next three years.
- Egyptian Deja Vu: Scenes Of Cairo's Tahrir Square, 2012 [PHOTOS]
November 23 2012 10:37 PM
Cairo's Tahrir Square was the epicenter of the successful Egyptian Revolution of 2011 that shook the country's old governmental structure to its very core.
- Egyptians Clash Over 'New Pharoah' Power Grab
November 23 2012 9:44 PM
Egypt has been a powder keg many times in the past five millennia, and it may have exploded again Friday.
- Chinese Police Arrest 73 In Fake Luxury-Bag Ring
November 18 2012 11:36 PM
Acting on intelligence gathered during a joint investigation by Chinese and U.S. law-enforcement authorities, Chinese police on Sunday arrested 73 people who are suspected of being involved in the counterfeit luxury-bag trade across national borders.
- Cisco To Buy Cloud-Networking Firm Meraki For $1.2B
November 18 2012 9:33 PM
Cisco Systems announced Sunday it plans to acquire privately held cloud-networking company Meraki Inc. for about $1.2 billion.
- ITW Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
November 18 2012 6:34 PM
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
- Israeli Airstrikes On Gaza City Media Centers Draw Flak
November 18 2012 4:09 PM
Two advocates of freedom of the press have sounded alarms over Israel's deliberate targeting of two media centers in Gaza City.
- Hamas, Israel Battle Continues In Gaza
November 17 2012 10:57 PM
"There are some indications that there could be a cease-fire soon," Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi said, but there are "no guarantees."
- Apple, HTC Make Nice With Cross-Licensing Deal
November 11 2012 8:47 PM
Apple and HTC reached a global settlement that encompasses the beginning of a 10-year cross-licensing deal and the end of all current lawsuits between them.
- Turn Back The Hands Of Time Sunday At 2 AM
November 03 2012 4:02 PM
Daylight saving time, or DST, this year in most of Canada, a lot of the U.S., and a little of Mexico began March 11 at 2 a.m. local standard time and ends Sunday at 2 a.m. local daylight time.
- DC May Be First Big US City To Bear Sandy's Wrath
October 29 2012 12:04 AM
Washington: First in war, first in peace, first in the National League East -- and, quite possibly, first in a string of big cities on the U.S. East Coast to feel the lash of Hurricane Sandy in a significant way.
- Frankenstorm Causes Flight Delays At 3 Major Airports
October 28 2012 4:07 PM
All trick and no treat, the Halloween Frankenstorm has led to flight delays at airports in Newark, N.J., Philadelphia, and New York.
- New York Will Shut Down Transit System Sunday Night
October 28 2012 10:38 AM
All subway, commuter-railroad, and bus service in New York will begin grinding to a halt Sunday at 7 p.m. EDT at the direction of state Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo.
- Notes From The Wunderground: Exemplifying The Positive Power Of The Web
October 27 2012 11:50 PM
Hurricane-Sandy-Cum-Frankenstorm appears to be on its way to striking the U.S. East Coast, and Weather Underground explains it all.
- Dish Dishes Out $700 Million To AMC, Cablevision In Settlement
October 21 2012 11:50 PM
“The Walking Dead” lives again on the Dish Network Corp.'s satellite-television service as the result of a lawsuit settlement announced Sunday.
- German Economy Cruisin’ For A Bruisin’ In 4Q
October 21 2012 9:14 PM
Germany will battle strong economic headwinds the rest of this year, the country’s Federal Ministry of Finance warned Monday.
- UBS, Credit Suisse Could Shed 7,000 Staffers: Report
October 21 2012 4:18 PM
UBS AG, Switzerland's largest bank, and the Credit Suisse Group AG, the country's second-largest bank, both may soon announce measures that would cut costs by slashing their head counts by as many as 5,000 and 2,000, respectively.
- Presidential Swing States Are True To Name
October 14 2012 11:37 PM
With the U.S. presidential election a little more than three weeks away, 11 of 50 states, representing 146 electoral votes, are considered toss-ups.