Obamacare has already brought about some changes, with significant ones coming next year and for the rest of this decade.
Articles by Joanne Butler
- Warren Buffett And The Keystone Pipeline: Cause And Effect
March 07 2014 10:44 AM
A survey found that 65 percent of Americans support building the Keystone Pipeline, including 51 percent of Democrats.
- The Importance Of Finland’s Olympic Ice Hockey Victory Over Russia
February 21 2014 12:31 PM
To understand the roots of the Finns’ resentment, we need to look at a bit of history.
- What I Learned From The Late Shirley Temple Black, A Capable Diplomat
February 12 2014 8:52 PM
Shirley Temple served as US diplomat to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.
- Why Does Joe Biden Think He Can Run For President In 2016?
February 07 2014 3:40 PM
He’s deluding himself partly because he lives in a D.C.-Delaware bubble.
- 2016 Election: Could South Asians Bobby Jindal Or Nikki Haley Get Big-Ticket Nominations?
November 11 2013 9:01 AM
Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley are rising stars in the GOP firmament.
- Chris Christie Offers Tangible Leadership, In Contrast To Deadlock In DC
November 07 2013 9:33 AM
The 2016 Republican primary could be transformational. Do we go with the tangible or the theoretical candidate?
- My Dream Speech For Senator Ted Cruz
October 11 2013 5:44 PM
My “fantasy Ted Cruz speech” probably wouldn’t go over as well, and that’s because it would raise tough questions.
- Randy Neugebauer And Others: When Entrenched Politicians Behave Badly
October 07 2013 12:23 PM
Randy Neugebauer's behavior is proof of what happens when you’re elected from a very safe district for a very long time.
- Under Obamacare, Premiums Will Go Up, Way Up
September 26 2013 2:38 PM
Next year, town halls may be filled with angry early retirees and others who don’t qualify for Medicare and don’t want their new health care benefits disturbed.
- An Easier (And Comparatively Painless) Fix For Medicare
March 10 2013 4:10 PM
The latest Republican pronouncements on saving Medicare remind me of a Roger Rabbit cartoon.
- New Pope Should Look At His Competition
March 01 2013 10:45 AM
It seems Catholics have been through one form or another of this new evangelism for years.
- Clinton's Benghazi Testimony Makes Case For More Security
January 23 2013 2:36 PM
Clinton’s testimony over the Benghazi disaster is really about the need for more funding to strengthen U.S. embassies.
- My Afternoon With Chuck Hagel
January 16 2013 12:31 PM
I can only marvel at how faded pols suddenly become white-hot in the blink of an eye. Take former Senator Chuck Hagel, for instance.
- Mitch Daniels To The Rescue?
December 11 2012 2:13 PM
John Boehner, I feel your pain. Everybody seems to be ganging up on you. If it’s not President Barack Obama, it’s Harry Reid in the Senate, or Tom Friedman and his journalistic acolytes, or even some members of your own caucus.
- This Election Is The Most Important
November 02 2012 12:09 PM
In October 2004, in a D.C. hotel ballroom crowded with ambitious politicos, George W. Bush’s campaign manager Ken Mehlman was at the podium, shouting and gesturing like a televangelist.