Obamacare has already brought about some changes, with significant ones coming next year and for the rest of this decade.
Articles by Joanne Butler
- 2016 Election: Could South Asians Bobby Jindal Or Nikki Haley Get Big-Ticket Nominations?
November 11 2013 9:01 AM
Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley are rising stars in the GOP firmament.
- Chris Christie Offers Tangible Leadership, In Contrast To Deadlock In DC
November 07 2013 9:33 AM
The 2016 Republican primary could be transformational. Do we go with the tangible or the theoretical candidate?
- My Dream Speech For Senator Ted Cruz
October 11 2013 5:44 PM
My “fantasy Ted Cruz speech” probably wouldn’t go over as well, and that’s because it would raise tough questions.
- Randy Neugebauer And Others: When Entrenched Politicians Behave Badly
October 07 2013 12:23 PM
Randy Neugebauer's behavior is proof of what happens when you’re elected from a very safe district for a very long time.
- Under Obamacare, Premiums Will Go Up, Way Up
September 26 2013 2:38 PM
Next year, town halls may be filled with angry early retirees and others who don’t qualify for Medicare and don’t want their new health care benefits disturbed.
- An Easier (And Comparatively Painless) Fix For Medicare
March 10 2013 4:10 PM
The latest Republican pronouncements on saving Medicare remind me of a Roger Rabbit cartoon.
- New Pope Should Look At His Competition
March 01 2013 10:45 AM
It seems Catholics have been through one form or another of this new evangelism for years.
- Clinton's Benghazi Testimony Makes Case For More Security
January 23 2013 2:36 PM
Clinton’s testimony over the Benghazi disaster is really about the need for more funding to strengthen U.S. embassies.
- My Afternoon With Chuck Hagel
January 16 2013 12:31 PM
I can only marvel at how faded pols suddenly become white-hot in the blink of an eye. Take former Senator Chuck Hagel, for instance.
- Mitch Daniels To The Rescue?
December 11 2012 2:13 PM
John Boehner, I feel your pain. Everybody seems to be ganging up on you. If it’s not President Barack Obama, it’s Harry Reid in the Senate, or Tom Friedman and his journalistic acolytes, or even some members of your own caucus.
- This Election Is The Most Important
November 02 2012 12:09 PM
In October 2004, in a D.C. hotel ballroom crowded with ambitious politicos, George W. Bush’s campaign manager Ken Mehlman was at the podium, shouting and gesturing like a televangelist.
- Lilly Ledbetter Act Meaningless To Women Without Jobs
October 19 2012 11:03 AM
One could assume, after President Barack Obama mentioned the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 during Tuesday night’s presidential debate, that it is a magical talisman ensuring women get equal pay for equal work.
- Lex Luthor: Villain Behind Rise In Social Security Disability?
September 21 2012 11:25 AM
Right now, the hunt is on to find the “bad guy” in the story -- the villain who is making it too easy for people to get benefits.
- Head Faking The 2012 Farm Bill
July 17 2012 3:43 PM
With last week's hubbub over Condoleezza Rice as possible veep, you may have missed how a House Republican group took legislative action to increase government subsidies to the one percent.
- On This July Fourth, Read The Declaration of Independence Aloud
July 03 2012 5:06 PM
If talk radio had existed in 1776, the Declaration would have been the script.