Obamacare has already brought about some changes, with significant ones coming next year and for the rest of this decade.
Articles by Joanne Butler
- Honoring The Man Who Helped Develop Kevlar And Saved Countless Lives
April 23 2014 4:40 PM
Police deaths due to firearms have decreased significantly since the 1980s and 1990s.
- Landmine In Paul Ryan’s Budget Blueprint
April 04 2014 3:23 PM
Ryan assumes seniors are savvy shoppers of complex health insurance plans, and will make wise choices with no surprises.
- Warren Buffett And The Keystone Pipeline: Cause And Effect
March 07 2014 10:44 AM
A survey found that 65 percent of Americans support building the Keystone Pipeline, including 51 percent of Democrats.
- The Importance Of Finland’s Olympic Ice Hockey Victory Over Russia
February 21 2014 12:31 PM
To understand the roots of the Finns’ resentment, we need to look at a bit of history.
- What I Learned From The Late Shirley Temple Black, A Capable Diplomat
February 12 2014 8:52 PM
Shirley Temple served as US diplomat to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.
- Why Does Joe Biden Think He Can Run For President In 2016?
February 07 2014 3:40 PM
He’s deluding himself partly because he lives in a D.C.-Delaware bubble.
- 2016 Election: Could South Asians Bobby Jindal Or Nikki Haley Get Big-Ticket Nominations?
November 11 2013 9:01 AM
Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley are rising stars in the GOP firmament.
- Chris Christie Offers Tangible Leadership, In Contrast To Deadlock In DC
November 07 2013 9:33 AM
The 2016 Republican primary could be transformational. Do we go with the tangible or the theoretical candidate?
- My Dream Speech For Senator Ted Cruz
October 11 2013 5:44 PM
My “fantasy Ted Cruz speech” probably wouldn’t go over as well, and that’s because it would raise tough questions.
- Randy Neugebauer And Others: When Entrenched Politicians Behave Badly
October 07 2013 12:23 PM
Randy Neugebauer's behavior is proof of what happens when you’re elected from a very safe district for a very long time.
- Under Obamacare, Premiums Will Go Up, Way Up
September 26 2013 2:38 PM
Next year, town halls may be filled with angry early retirees and others who don’t qualify for Medicare and don’t want their new health care benefits disturbed.
- An Easier (And Comparatively Painless) Fix For Medicare
March 10 2013 4:10 PM
The latest Republican pronouncements on saving Medicare remind me of a Roger Rabbit cartoon.
- New Pope Should Look At His Competition
March 01 2013 10:45 AM
It seems Catholics have been through one form or another of this new evangelism for years.
- Clinton's Benghazi Testimony Makes Case For More Security
January 23 2013 2:36 PM
Clinton’s testimony over the Benghazi disaster is really about the need for more funding to strengthen U.S. embassies.
- My Afternoon With Chuck Hagel
January 16 2013 12:31 PM
I can only marvel at how faded pols suddenly become white-hot in the blink of an eye. Take former Senator Chuck Hagel, for instance.