Articles by Joanne Butler
- Mitch Daniels To The Rescue?
December 11 2012 2:13 PM
John Boehner, I feel your pain. Everybody seems to be ganging up on you. If it’s not President Barack Obama, it’s Harry Reid in the Senate, or Tom Friedman and his journalistic acolytes, or even some members of your own caucus.
- This Election Is The Most Important
November 02 2012 12:09 PM
In October 2004, in a D.C. hotel ballroom crowded with ambitious politicos, George W. Bush’s campaign manager Ken Mehlman was at the podium, shouting and gesturing like a televangelist.
- Lilly Ledbetter Act Meaningless To Women Without Jobs
October 19 2012 11:03 AM
One could assume, after President Barack Obama mentioned the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 during Tuesday night’s presidential debate, that it is a magical talisman ensuring women get equal pay for equal work.
- Lex Luthor: Villain Behind Rise In Social Security Disability?
September 21 2012 11:25 AM
Right now, the hunt is on to find the “bad guy” in the story -- the villain who is making it too easy for people to get benefits.
- Head Faking The 2012 Farm Bill
July 17 2012 3:43 PM
With last week's hubbub over Condoleezza Rice as possible veep, you may have missed how a House Republican group took legislative action to increase government subsidies to the one percent.
- On This July Fourth, Read The Declaration of Independence Aloud
July 03 2012 5:06 PM
If talk radio had existed in 1776, the Declaration would have been the script.
- Obamacare A Wake-Up Call For Republicans, Time To Start Governing
July 02 2012 12:26 PM
The Republican benign-neglect approach to health care reform during the past decade was an unwitting contributor to the situation we find ourselves in today.
- Symptoms Of A Failing Presidential Campaign
June 14 2012 4:20 PM
Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
- Obama 'Polish Death Camps' Comment Fails At Cultural Sensitivity
June 01 2012 1:42 PM
No doubt, the Obama staff prides itself on their cultural sensitivities, love for diversity, and all that.
- Romney Exhibits Political Savvy In Rejecting Obama-Wright Attack Ad
May 18 2012 12:20 PM
Mitt Romney?s rejection of a Super-Pac?s proposed anti-Obama campaign featuring Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the president?s former pastor, demonstrates that Romney has more political sense than the Super-Pac?s big daddy, Joe Ricketts, a longtime conservative donor and founder of TD Ameritrade.
- Finland Finally Gets A Starbucks -- Or At Least The Airport Does
May 15 2012 12:51 PM
While the rest of the world is focused on Greece?s exit from the euro zone, the news that caught my eye is Finland finally getting its first Starbucks café.
- Economy Should Be Top Priority, But Federal Budget Chatter Distracts
May 10 2012 1:37 PM
But seriously, big-brain budget chatter distracts us from what should be our top priority: Getting the economy back on track.
- Inability to Adapt Could Cost Lugar Indiana Republican Primary Win
May 07 2012 3:37 PM
The blame game has already begun regarding Senator Richard Lugar?s anticipated loss in Tuesday?s Indiana Republican primary.