Articles by Joanne Butler
- Lilly Ledbetter Act Meaningless To Women Without Jobs
October 19 2012 11:03 AM
One could assume, after President Barack Obama mentioned the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 during Tuesday night’s presidential debate, that it is a magical talisman ensuring women get equal pay for equal work.
- Lex Luthor: Villain Behind Rise In Social Security Disability?
September 21 2012 11:25 AM
Right now, the hunt is on to find the “bad guy” in the story -- the villain who is making it too easy for people to get benefits.
- Head Faking The 2012 Farm Bill
July 17 2012 3:43 PM
With last week's hubbub over Condoleezza Rice as possible veep, you may have missed how a House Republican group took legislative action to increase government subsidies to the one percent.
- On This July Fourth, Read The Declaration of Independence Aloud
July 03 2012 5:06 PM
If talk radio had existed in 1776, the Declaration would have been the script.
- Obamacare A Wake-Up Call For Republicans, Time To Start Governing
July 02 2012 12:26 PM
The Republican benign-neglect approach to health care reform during the past decade was an unwitting contributor to the situation we find ourselves in today.
- Symptoms Of A Failing Presidential Campaign
June 14 2012 4:20 PM
Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
- Obama 'Polish Death Camps' Comment Fails At Cultural Sensitivity
June 01 2012 1:42 PM
No doubt, the Obama staff prides itself on their cultural sensitivities, love for diversity, and all that.
- Romney Exhibits Political Savvy In Rejecting Obama-Wright Attack Ad
May 18 2012 12:20 PM
Mitt Romney?s rejection of a Super-Pac?s proposed anti-Obama campaign featuring Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the president?s former pastor, demonstrates that Romney has more political sense than the Super-Pac?s big daddy, Joe Ricketts, a longtime conservative donor and founder of TD Ameritrade.
- Finland Finally Gets A Starbucks -- Or At Least The Airport Does
May 15 2012 12:51 PM
While the rest of the world is focused on Greece?s exit from the euro zone, the news that caught my eye is Finland finally getting its first Starbucks café.
- Economy Should Be Top Priority, But Federal Budget Chatter Distracts
May 10 2012 1:37 PM
But seriously, big-brain budget chatter distracts us from what should be our top priority: Getting the economy back on track.
- Inability to Adapt Could Cost Lugar Indiana Republican Primary Win
May 07 2012 3:37 PM
The blame game has already begun regarding Senator Richard Lugar?s anticipated loss in Tuesday?s Indiana Republican primary.