Articles by John Talty
- S&P 500 Pushes Past 1,400 Behind More Calls for Bank Stimulus
August 07 2012 12:17 PM
The S&P 500 rose above 1,400 for the first time since May 3 behind further calls for another central bank stimulus and hopes that the European Central Bank will take action.
- Time Warner Paying $175M For Bleacher Report
August 06 2012 1:13 PM
Time Warner's Turner Broadcasting has purchased sports website Bleacher Report for a reported $175 million, according to reports.
- I Want To Be Like Mitt; So I Bought Thousands Of Twitter Followers
August 05 2012 12:50 PM
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Italian comedian-turned-political activist Beppe Grillo, New Gingrich and others have been accused of buying thousands of Twitter followers. What could they get out of this new social media gambit?
- London Olympics 2012 Recap: Michael Phelps Finished On Top, Serena Williams Wins Gold
August 04 2012 7:10 PM
American swimmer Michael Phelps ended his illustrious career on a high note Saturday when he won his record 18th gold medal, 22nd medal overall, as part of the 4x100-meter medley relay.
- London Olympics 2012 Day 5 Recap: Phelps Adds to Medal Record, Douglas Wins Gymnastics Gold
August 02 2012 6:04 PM
A day after becoming the most decorated medal-winner in Olympics history, American swimmer Michael Phelps decided 19 medals wasn't enough.
- Facebook Has 83 Million Fake Users, Ad Revenue Could Suffer
August 02 2012 10:39 AM
Facebook, the world's largest social media platform, might have more than 83 million fake users, according to company filings published this week.
- London Olympics 2012 Day 4 Recap: Badminton Teams Disqualified, Britain Finally Wins First Gold
August 01 2012 5:55 PM
Four badminton teams were thrown out of the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday after attempting to purposely lose preliminary matches to get an easier track to a medal.
- Missy Franklin Passing Up Millions in Endorsements to Remain Amatuer
August 01 2012 11:12 AM
Missy Franklin, the 17-year-old American swimming star who has warmed the hearts of millions around the world with her charismatic personality and strong performance at the Olympics, including a gold medal in the 100-meter backstroke.
- London Olympics 2012 Day 3 Recap: Phelps Sets Record, U.S. Wins Gymnastics Gold
July 31 2012 6:33 PM
Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympics medal-winner of all time when he won a gold medal with the men's 200-freestyle relay team Tuesday.
- After GM Fires Marketing Chief, Can It Capitalize On Costly Manchester United Deal?
July 31 2012 4:52 PM
The global marketing chief for General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) was ousted because of an expensive, poorly negotiated deal with Manchester United, the world's most popular soccer club, according to a report.
- Twitter Destroys Goodwill, Foreshadows Ugly Future With Guy Adams Situation
July 31 2012 11:39 AM
Twitter remains publicly silent more than 24 hours after banning British journalist Guy Adams for publishing NBC executive Gary Zenkel's work email address.
- Blitz USA Shuts Down, Lawsuit 'Abuse' Hammers Hometown
July 31 2012 8:07 AM
Blitz USA is out of business, not because of a product defect, but because of consumer misuse.