- S&P 500 Pushes Past 1,400 Behind More Calls for Bank Stimulus
August 07 2012 12:17 PM
The S&P 500 rose above 1,400 for the first time since May 3 behind further calls for another central bank stimulus and hopes that the European Central Bank will take action.
- Time Warner Paying $175M For Bleacher Report
August 06 2012 1:13 PM
Time Warner's Turner Broadcasting has purchased sports website Bleacher Report for a reported $175 million, according to reports.
- I Want To Be Like Mitt; So I Bought Thousands Of Twitter Followers
August 05 2012 12:50 PM
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Italian comedian-turned-political activist Beppe Grillo, New Gingrich and others have been accused of buying thousands of Twitter followers. What could they get out of this new social media gambit?
- London Olympics 2012 Recap: Michael Phelps Finished On Top, Serena Williams Wins Gold
August 04 2012 7:10 PM
American swimmer Michael Phelps ended his illustrious career on a high note Saturday when he won his record 18th gold medal, 22nd medal overall, as part of the 4x100-meter medley relay.
- London Olympics 2012 Day 5 Recap: Phelps Adds to Medal Record, Douglas Wins Gymnastics Gold
August 02 2012 6:04 PM
A day after becoming the most decorated medal-winner in Olympics history, American swimmer Michael Phelps decided 19 medals wasn't enough.
- Facebook Has 83 Million Fake Users, Ad Revenue Could Suffer
August 02 2012 10:39 AM
Facebook, the world's largest social media platform, might have more than 83 million fake users, according to company filings published this week.
- London Olympics 2012 Day 4 Recap: Badminton Teams Disqualified, Britain Finally Wins First Gold
August 01 2012 5:55 PM
Four badminton teams were thrown out of the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday after attempting to purposely lose preliminary matches to get an easier track to a medal.
- Missy Franklin Passing Up Millions in Endorsements to Remain Amatuer
August 01 2012 11:12 AM
Missy Franklin, the 17-year-old American swimming star who has warmed the hearts of millions around the world with her charismatic personality and strong performance at the Olympics, including a gold medal in the 100-meter backstroke.
- London Olympics 2012 Day 3 Recap: Phelps Sets Record, U.S. Wins Gymnastics Gold
July 31 2012 6:33 PM
Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympics medal-winner of all time when he won a gold medal with the men's 200-freestyle relay team Tuesday.
- After GM Fires Marketing Chief, Can It Capitalize On Costly Manchester United Deal?
July 31 2012 4:52 PM
The global marketing chief for General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) was ousted because of an expensive, poorly negotiated deal with Manchester United, the world's most popular soccer club, according to a report.
- Twitter Destroys Goodwill, Foreshadows Ugly Future With Guy Adams Situation
July 31 2012 11:39 AM
Twitter remains publicly silent more than 24 hours after banning British journalist Guy Adams for publishing NBC executive Gary Zenkel's work email address.
- Blitz USA Shuts Down, Lawsuit 'Abuse' Hammers Hometown
July 31 2012 8:07 AM
Blitz USA is out of business, not because of a product defect, but because of consumer misuse.
- X5 Music Group Relies on SEO Tricks, But Inching Closer to Legitimacy
July 30 2012 3:44 PM
Search engine optimization is often discussed as some sort of sneaky journalism practice, but X5 Music Group is proving that a trick or two comes in handy with music sales as well.
- London Olympics Day 2 Recap: Wieber Falters, Vollmer Sets World Record
July 30 2012 9:32 AM
Jordyn Wieber, the heavy favorite to win gold in women's gymnastics, was brought to tears on Sunday after failing to qualify for the all-around title.
- Chick-fil-A Could Offend Core Constituency With Same-Sex Marriage Stance
July 27 2012 5:21 PM
Chick-fil-A may have irreparably damaged its relationship with a core constituency because of its same-sex marriage stance.
- Chick-fil-A PR Director Found Dead of Heart Attack
July 27 2012 3:07 PM
The head of public relations at Chick-fil-A died Friday morning of an apparent heart attack, according to the company.
- Randy Lerner Admits Cleveland Browns Are For Sale
July 27 2012 12:44 PM
Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner admitted on Friday that he is in negotiations to sell the team to Tennessee businessman Jimmy Haslam after months of speculation.
- Central Bank Preview: What Will Fed, ECB, BOE Do Next Week?
July 27 2012 11:42 AM
Next week could see some major worldwide financial implications, depending on what three of the world's largest central banks do at their scheduled meetings.
- London 2012 Opening Ceremony A Star-Studded Affair, But Rarely Worth the Price
July 27 2012 10:28 AM
The 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony will draw the world's audience to London on Friday night, but signal an Olympics that will be more glitz than substance for the host city.
- Did Twitter's Outage Cost the Economy Billions?
July 26 2012 5:13 PM
The idea that a few-hour Twitter outage could have more than a billion-dollar effect on the economy sounds preposterous at first, but some simple math suggests that might be just the case.