- Social Media Is a $16.9 Billion Business
July 25 2012 4:58 PM
Social media is now a $16.9 billion business, according to 2012 estimates by Gartner.
- Chick-Fil-A Battles PR Nightmare Over Same-Sex Marriage Stance
July 25 2012 4:06 PM
Chick-fil-A faces its latest public relations disaster on Wednesday, when Internet users alleged the fast food company was creating fake Facebook users to defend the company's anti-gay marriage stance.
- Penn State Faces Credit Downgrade, Lost Sponsors From Sandusky Scandal
July 25 2012 4:56 AM
The hits kept coming for Penn State on Tuesday when State Farm, an official sponsor of the football program, announced it would no longer sponsor the team.
- Can Ichiro Suzuki Become New York's Jeremy Lin Replacement?
July 24 2012 5:27 PM
The New York Yankees' trade for 10-time All-Star Ichiro Suzuki should help baseball's most popular team both on and off the field.
- Under Armour Shares Soar On Strong Quarterly Earnings
July 24 2012 11:51 AM
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) shares jumped more than 12 percent on Tuesday trading after reporting better than expected second quarter earnings.
- Gimme, Maybe? How 'Sesame Street' Mastered Social Media, A Model For Brand Survival In The 21st Century
July 21 2012 2:21 PM
Sesame Street, created in 1969, could have declined to embrace social media with the rise of the Internet. But successors of the program's founders have mastered social media to capture a new generation of fans and hold on to existing devotees.
- Georgia Gulf Shares Soar on PPG Deak
July 19 2012 6:26 PM
Georgia Gulf Corp. (NYSE: GGC) shares soared after announcing a deal Thursday to acquire reached a deal to acquire PPG Industries Inc.'s (NYSE: PPG) commodity chemicals unit for $1.9 billion in cash and shares.
- Walgreen, Express Scripts Announce Pharmacy Network Agreement
July 19 2012 10:29 AM
Walgreen Co. (NYSE: WAG) announced a multi-year pharmacy network agreement with Express Scripts on Thursday morning after a seven-month split.
- Earnings Preview: Baker Hughes (BHI) 2Q To Show North American Weakness
July 18 2012 2:40 PM
Baker Hughes Inc (NYSE: BHI), one of the world's largest oil services companies, is expected to report a slight decrease in profit for the second quarter on weakness in the company's North American business.
- Jeremy Lin's Departure Much Ado About Nothing: Wall Street
July 18 2012 2:33 PM
Madison Square Garden Company (Nasdaq: MSG) shares appeared unaffected Wednesday by Jeremy Lin's departure, despite considerable hype surrounding the former New York Knicks point guard's economic boost to the company's bottom line.
- Manchester United, Real Madrid, NY Yankees Most Valuable Sports Franchises
July 18 2012 12:48 PM
English soccer power Manchester United is the world's most valuable team, worth an estimated $2.23 billion, according to Forbes.
- New York Knicks News: Does It Make Financial Sense to Re-Sign Lin?
July 17 2012 12:14 PM
The New York Knicks have decided that Jeremy Lin's three-year, $25 million contract offer from the Houston Rockets is too rich for them and will let the talented point guard walk, according to multiple reports.
- Floyd Mayweather, Phil Mickelson Top Highest-Earning Athletes List
July 16 2012 3:38 PM
Boxer Floyd Mayweather, who is currently serving a jail sentence for domestic assault, topped Sports Illustrated's list of the 50 highest-paid American athletes for 2012.
- IMF Cuts 2013 Global Growth Forecast On Euro Zone Concerns
July 16 2012 1:55 PM
The International Monetary Fund on Monday cut its global growth forecast in 2013 in response to Europe's sovereign debt crisis.
- Fed's Lockhart Closer to Supporting Economic Stimulus
July 13 2012 3:45 PM
Dennis Lockhart, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, said Friday he might support more central bank attempts to stimulate the nation's moribund economy.
- UBS Downgrades Shares Of Sigma Designs, Cuts Target Price
July 13 2012 11:59 AM
UBS AG downgraded the shares of Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) from a Neutral rating to a Sell rating on soft consumer trends and increasing competition in the digital TV chipset market and cut its target price.
- Darden Restaurants Buying Yard House For $585 Million
July 13 2012 11:09 AM
Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI), which owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster, will buy Yard House USA Inc., another restaurant chain, for $585 million in an all-cash deal, the company announced on Thursday.
- Dwight Howard Trade Rumors Shouldn't Hurt Endorsement Potential
July 13 2012 6:22 AM
Dwight Howard won't lose endorsements because of his trade demands, according to one expert.
- Post-'Moneyball,' Does A Large Payroll Guarantee Success In Baseball?
July 13 2012 6:20 AM
The 2011 Academy Award-nominated film Moneyball detailed how Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane employed advanced analytics to supplement a small payroll and beat some of the most well-heeled clubs.
- Nike Removes Joe Paterno's Name From Company Building
July 12 2012 3:45 PM
Nike has distanced itself from the former Penn State coach in light of new allegations.