Articles by John Talty
- Darden Restaurants Buying Yard House For $585 Million
July 13 2012 11:09 AM
Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI), which owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster, will buy Yard House USA Inc., another restaurant chain, for $585 million in an all-cash deal, the company announced on Thursday.
- Dwight Howard Trade Rumors Shouldn't Hurt Endorsement Potential
July 13 2012 6:22 AM
Dwight Howard won't lose endorsements because of his trade demands, according to one expert.
- Post-'Moneyball,' Does A Large Payroll Guarantee Success In Baseball?
July 13 2012 6:20 AM
The 2011 Academy Award-nominated film Moneyball detailed how Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane employed advanced analytics to supplement a small payroll and beat some of the most well-heeled clubs.
- Nike Removes Joe Paterno's Name From Company Building
July 12 2012 3:45 PM
Nike has distanced itself from the former Penn State coach in light of new allegations.
- News Corp. Shuttering The Daily?
July 11 2012 4:42 PM
The Daily's days might be numbered.
- Bloomberg Sports Partners With IMG to Tap Into International Markets
July 11 2012 10:33 AM
Bloomberg Sports will tap into the lucrative international markets after partnering with IMG.
- Penny Arcade Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Make Website Advertisement Free
July 10 2012 5:00 PM
Penny Arcade is hoping a successful Kickstarter campaign will give its users a better experience.
- Lady Gaga Launches Social Media Platform, LittleMonsters.com
July 10 2012 2:48 PM
Lady Gaga finally launched her social media platform after months of beta testing.
- 2012 Home Run Derby A Big Hit on Twitter
July 10 2012 10:21 AM
The 2012 Home Run Derby was a big hit on social media platforms on Monday night.
- Hope Solo Fails Drug Test; Won't Affect Her Involvement in Olympics
July 09 2012 4:46 PM
Hope Solo failed a drug test.
- Robert Nkemdiche Backtracks From Comments, But Still Sets Precedent
July 09 2012 4:31 PM
Robert Nkemdiche's attempt to land scholarships for his teammates could set a precedent.
- Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Nets' Frontrunners; Have Better Than 50-50 Shot
July 09 2012 2:13 PM
The Nets are the favorites to land Dwight Howard.