- Netflix Deflects Rage Over Price Increase, Street Rejoices
July 13 2011 9:44 PM
Netflix provoked an unprecedented outpouring of backlash across the Internet as the company unveiled plans to raise prices on its movie-rental services, but many across the Street believe the move will bode well for the company in the long-term.
- Last NASA Spacewalk Marks End of Era
July 13 2011 12:36 AM
Astronauts embarked on the final space walk of the US shuttle era at the International Space Station, where Atlantis is docked on the final mission of the 30-year US program.
- A 'Dismayed' HTC Rebuffs Apple on Patent Case
July 12 2011 9:03 PM
HTC fired back at Apple on Tuesday, calling its lawsuit against the Taiwanese smartphone maker baseless, and vowed to continue to push back against Apple's legal fronts.
- Westboro a no-show at Betty Ford funeral
July 12 2011 8:01 PM
Controversial Westboro Baptist Church was a no-show at the Betty Ford funeral on Tuesday, throwing the group's creditably further into question.
- Apple to HTC: Stop those Droid, Flyer Sales
July 11 2011 9:18 PM
Days after filing another suit against Samsung, Apple took aim at smaller rival HTC on Monday, filling a claim with the International Trade Commission (ITC) to ban the sales of the competing smartphones and tablets.
- Betty Ford 'In Hell' says WBC
July 11 2011 6:33 PM
The controversial Westboro Baptist Church will picket the memorial of former first lady Betty Ford, who died Friday at age 93.
- Droid Bionic, Atrix, Evo, Epic and iPhone 5: The State of the Smartphone Wars
July 11 2011 4:15 PM
The U.S. smartphone market is a fierce and competitive space, with winners and losers determined every month and new entrants always threatening to change the landscape.
- Google+ Takes Critical Plug-In Lead from Twitter
July 11 2011 7:54 AM
In the world of the Internet, your success is measured by your reach. That's why sites like Facebook, and Twitter, despite their already massive followings, have moved to place their buttons across other Web sites.
- Hollywood and Royalty: Beaming Kate Middleton in Los Angeles
July 10 2011 11:37 PM
The British newly wedded royals wrapped up their trip to the United States on Sunday, but not before saying hello to Hollywood's elite.
- First iPhone Takes Flight on Atlantis, but Rival Android Joins
July 10 2011 11:03 PM
The iPhone is making its first flight on the space shuttle, but its being joined by its long-time rival the Android, from Google.
- What HTC's Thunderbolt means for the iPhone 5
July 10 2011 10:20 PM
With the next generation iPhone 5 on it's way from Apple, enthusiasts and analysts are looking to glean any clues as to what will be packed into the anticipated phone.
- Atlantis Shuttle Crew Examines Vulnerable Heat Shield
July 10 2011 9:17 PM
On the first day of the final US shuttle mission, astronauts inspected the hull of the Atlantis and so far, there have been no reports of any damage.
- In HTC's Thunderbolt, Hints of iPhone 5 (U1)
July 10 2011 2:09 PM
Anticipation is building for the iPhone 5, expected to come later this year, but a look at HTC's cutting edge Thunderbolt offers clues to what Apple could be packing into the next-gen smartphone.
- Boehner's Pulls Out a 'Real Disappointment'
July 09 2011 11:59 PM
House Speaker John Boehner said on Saturday that he will pursue a smaller deficit reduction deal, opting for a $2 trillion goal instead the larger on that the White House is pushing.
- Japan Earthquake July 9: 7.0 Earthquake Triggers Tsunami Warning
July 09 2011 11:05 PM
A massive earthquake struck Japan on Sunday (late Saturday EST), setting off concerns of a new nuclear problem cropping up, and triggering a tsunami warning across the recovering nation.
- In Atlantis, NASA turns to Smartphones for Smarts
July 09 2011 10:08 PM
With Friday's lift-off of the Atlantis being the final shuttle launch for NASA, science is expected to turn to the private sector to get into space. But for some computing needs, NASA has turned to the private sector already, using smartphones to run some experiments.
- EPIC SHOWDOWN: Apple's iPhone 5 and Samsung's Galaxy S2
July 09 2011 8:32 PM
Apple and Samsung have had a rocky relationship from the start, but it was always one of necessity. Now the stakes are higher than ever, and the tensions at a new heights.
- [PHOTOS] 'People Staring at Computers' Art
July 09 2011 6:48 PM
A New York City artist, who installed spyware onto public computers to snap photos of customers in Apple stores was visited by US Secret Service on week.
- NYC 'Artist' visited by Secret Service
July 09 2011 6:09 PM
A New York City artist, who installed spyware onto public computers to snap photos of customers in Apple stores was visited by US Secret Service this week.
- More than Just 'Me Too': Google+ Means Social World War
July 09 2011 2:25 PM
The announcement and limited invitation to the new Google+ social network last week not only whipped up a frenzy of anticipation, but marked the first salvo in the new battle for the social media space.