- Cutting Edge Tech Slated for Next Mars Rover [VIDEO]
August 14 2011 10:29 AM
NASA is pushing the boundaries of technology as it readies its next mission to Mars, loading up its fourth Mars Rover with nearly a dozen instruments and employing an innovative but risky landing procedure.
- In Case You Missed It: Perseid Meteor Show Pictures [PHOTOS]
August 13 2011 11:06 PM
August's Perseid meteor shower has historically been providing the best opportunity for enthusiasts to catch meteor shows.
- Details of Apple's 'Spaceship' Campus Emerge [PHOTOS]
August 13 2011 9:49 PM
The city of Cupertino rolled-out more details about the new Apple Campus, first revealed back in June.
- NASA's New Mars Rover Ramps for Launch [VIDEO]
August 13 2011 7:33 PM
NASA is moving closer to launching its 4th rover on a mission to Mars that will investigate whether Mars is, or whether it has been hospitable to microbial life.
- Loss of Sprint adds to RIM's Woes
August 13 2011 5:32 PM
Research in Motion's foray into the tablet space is getting more gloomy as Sprint closed the door to its 4G Playbook tablet.
- In another blow for RIM, Sprint Pulls Plug on 4G PlayBook
August 13 2011 3:13 PM
Research in Motion was dealt another blow as Sprint announced that it won't be carrying the 4G enabled version of its Playbook tablet, dimming hopes that that iPad competitor will ever gain critical traction.
- How and Where to Watch the Perseid Meteor Showers Live
August 12 2011 10:49 AM
August's Perseid meteor shower has historically been providing the best opportunity for enthusiasts to catch meteor shows, but this year the Internet will let casual observers enjoy the show live online.
- Facebook Returns Fire at Google+
August 12 2011 10:48 AM
The friendly entry of Google+ has turned into a full-out war to control the social-media landscape as rivals begin to return fire after Google's latest moves into gaming.
- Finding 'God Particle' Requires Faith... and Your Computer
August 12 2011 9:13 AM
Scientists have moved closer to finding the elusive Higgs Boson sub-atomic particle -- dubbed the 'God particle' -- but now anyone a computer and an Internet connection can help.
- Never Seen Before Photos from NASA's Mars Rover
August 10 2011 11:08 PM
After a nearly three year journey, NASA's Mars rover "Opportunity" has reached its destination at a edge of a crater-rim , sending back photographs of never seen before rocks.
- Apple's IP War Machine Could 'Cripple' Samsung
August 09 2011 10:28 PM
In another victory for Apple's legal team, courts in Germany ruled against rival Samsung Electronics, barring it from selling its competing tablet computer in most of the European Union.
- Massive Japanese Tsunami Breaks Antarctic Iceberg [VIDEO]
August 09 2011 9:51 AM
NASA scientists were able to observe for the first time the powerful force of an earthquake as it calved off large icebergs a full hemisphere away from the epicenter.
- New Google+ App Opens Door to Apple Ecosystem [VIDEO]
August 08 2011 8:02 PM
Google is building on top of the allure of its new social network, Google+, with the release of an updated app that will work on all Apple devices.
- Antimatter Abounds in Earth's Atmosphere
August 07 2011 4:29 PM
A band of anti-protons have been discovered ringing around the earth, researchers have found, adding to the list of particles Earth holds within its magnetic field.
- Standard & Poor's Downgrades the U.S.: FULL TEXT
August 07 2011 3:24 PM
Standard & Poor's took the unprecedented step of downgrading the U.S. government's "AAA" sovereign credit rating Friday in a move that could send shock waves through global. The following is a press release from Standard & Poor's:
- High Alert as Third Solar Storm Hurtles Towards Earth
August 07 2011 10:09 AM
Three large solar explosions from the Sun are threatening to cause chaos on earth, with energy from the release potentially shutting down communications systems and power grids across the world.
- TouchPad Downgrade Highlights iPad Dominance
August 06 2011 4:35 PM
Hewlett Packard reduced the price of its TouchPad tablet computer again, highlighting the uphill battle manufacturers will need to overcome as they go head-to-head against the dominant Apple iPad line of tablets.
- NASA Juno: Cutting Edge Science, Lego Toys
August 06 2011 1:40 PM
NASA sent a new spacecraft into space on Friday, taking with it cutting edge scientific instruments and Lego toys as it hurls towards its death in the name of science.
- Picture This: NASA's Juno Heads off to Jupiter [PHOTOS]
August 05 2011 11:46 PM
NASA's solar-powered Juno spacecraft lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida at 9:25 a.m. PDT (12:25 p.m. EDT) Friday to begin a five-year journey to Jupiter.
- Boeing Will Hitch Ride to Space on Atlas V Rockets
August 05 2011 9:38 PM
Defense contractor Boeing said that it would send its own employees to space as it ratchets up its efforts to enter the private space market as the U.S. ends its national space shuttle program.