- Are Gift Cards The Right Choice For The Holidays?
November 25 2013 1:47 PM
Americans are well on their way to purchasing $30 billion worth of gift cards this year. But exactly how will that money be spent?
- Protesters Storm Thailand's Finance Ministry
November 25 2013 7:47 AM
Protesters marched around Bangkok for a second day of demonstrations against a controversial bill.
- China's Cinda IPO: Shares Safe Or Risky?
November 22 2013 3:59 PM
Cinda, a Chinese company that buys up bad debt, was set up in 1999 to take nonperforming loans off Chinese banks' balance sheets.
- Here's A List Of The 10 Most Expensive Streets In The World
November 21 2013 2:38 PM
New York's Fifth Avenue, Hong Kong's Pollock's Path and Singapore's Paterson Hill all made the list.
- US Debt Ceiling May Not Be Hit Till Spring: CBO
November 21 2013 10:29 AM
Tax receipts are greater than expected, and with Treasury's ability to use extraordinary measures to avoid a default, D-Day may be delayed.
- Tel Aviv Hits Global Financial Centres Index
November 21 2013 9:06 AM
Tel Aviv is now ranked higher than traditional financial centers like Munich, Rome, Stockholm, Amsterdam and Milan.
- Venezuela - Is A Default Ahead?
November 21 2013 8:51 AM
For every $10 per barrel that oil prices fall, Venezuela loses $10 billion in annual revenue.
- California Real Estate Agent Licenses Rise In August
November 20 2013 12:29 PM
The number of licensed salespeople peaked toward the end of 2007. Since then it has fallen 32.4 percent.
- China's Fake Banker Gets Real Life Sentence
November 20 2013 11:24 AM
Lin Chunping was charged with filing millions of yuan worth of fake tax invoices, and now he's going to jail for life.
- JPMorgan Fine: Write-Off City?
November 20 2013 10:12 AM
The U.S. tax code prohibits writing off fines designated as a penalty, but fines designated as restitution are fair game for a write-off.
- PBOC Governor Announces Possible Currency Reform
November 20 2013 8:35 AM
One economist said that currency reform could widen the yuan's trading band in the near term.
- Why Luxury Travel Is Arcing Higher
November 19 2013 10:21 AM
Overall, the outlook for air travel continues to improve, amid a flourishing business environment.
- Bitcoin Crashes After Reaching A Record High
November 19 2013 9:05 AM
At 9:18 a.m. EST, a bitcoin was worth $602.
- NY Post Accuses Census of Puffing Job Data
November 19 2013 8:57 AM
The New York Post says John Crudele's anonymous source would be open to speaking with the Labor Department or Congress.
- Australia Housing Market: First-Time Buyer Nightmare
November 18 2013 12:59 PM
Australians looking to buy their first home are being priced out by property investors.
- Bitcoin To Get A Review From Capitol Hill
November 18 2013 10:04 AM
Seven experts are slated to testify, including federal law enforcement agents and a lawyer for the Bitcoin Foundation Inc.
- Developed World's GDP Growth Slowed In Q3
November 18 2013 8:14 AM
The data underlines the global recovery's fragility and the likelihood that central banks will continue economic stimulus.
- Moody's Cuts Credit Ratings At 4 US Banks
November 15 2013 9:10 AM
The ratings service says the U.S. government is unlikely to bail out this bank quartet in a crisis.
- CIA Collects Information On Money Transfers
November 15 2013 8:01 AM
The data includes personal information like Social Security numbers.
- USPS-Amazon Delivery Deal: It's Still A Secret
November 14 2013 2:30 PM
Amazon and USPS remain mum on how much the giant online retailer is paying the post office to deliver its packages.