Articles by Joseph Adinolfi
- Australian Researchers Develop Cow-Hearding Robot
November 14 2013 10:23 AM
They hope the robot can be modified to perform other tasks like checking soil quality and water troughs.
- Morgan Stanley CEO Gorman: Fed Stimulus Reduction Soon
November 14 2013 8:46 AM
Wall Street's latest parlor game -- guessing when the Fed will start reducing its money printing -- has a new player: Morgan Stanley's CEO.
- Wal-Mart Q3: Mixed Deal
November 14 2013 7:41 AM
The company's Sam's Clubs subsidiary helped the retailer post slightly better earnings than expected.
- Jim Cramer Thinks Apple Should Buy Netflix Or Twitter
November 13 2013 2:08 PM
Apple's share price is flagging, and Mad Money's Jim Cramer doesn't think a share buyback will necessarily do the trick.
- Global Energy Firms Abandon E. Europe Shale Gas
November 13 2013 10:13 AM
As efforts to harvest shale gas in Lithuania, Poland and the Ukraine falter, Russia remains the region's largest producer.
- Vietnamese Court Could Seek Death Penalty For Two Former Executives Accused Of Corruption
November 13 2013 9:17 AM
In the U.S. we clamp fraudsters like Bernie Madoff in irons for a long, long time. In Vietnam, they face the possibility of a death sentence.
- Ecuadorian Court Reduces Chevron Corporation's Fine For Polluting Amazon To $9.5 Billion
November 13 2013 7:58 AM
Because Chevron no longer operates in Ecuador, it's unlikely it will ever pay the fine.
- Russian Lawmaker Wants Nation To Ban US Dollar
November 13 2013 7:31 AM
It is unclear whether a bill that would ban dollars in Russia has enough legislative support to become a law.
- Tribe To Build Casino On Martha's Vineyard
November 12 2013 2:20 PM
Despite protests from the state, the Wampanoag Tribe is already moving ahead with plans to convert an unfinished community center into a temporary casino.
- PepsiCo Ups India Investment
November 12 2013 10:59 AM
PepsiCo, which controls about 15 percent of India's cola drink market, aims to expand further into rural India.
- Federal Judge Orders Closure Of Fourth-Largest Tax Prep Business In US
November 12 2013 9:44 AM
ITS Financial charged customers thousands of dollars in bogus fees and encouraged franchisees to lie to the IRS.
- Global Aviation Holdings Files For Bankruptcy, Again
November 12 2013 8:13 AM
The big airline aims to continue operating while a Delaware court assesses its request for protection from creditors.
- Why Isn't US Postal Service Revealing What Amazon Pays For Sunday Deliveries?
November 11 2013 4:48 PM
Amazon has expanded its reach to include forays into intelligence-community contracts and fashion -- and now Sunday delivery.
- JPMorgan, Other Banks Mull Chat Room Ban
November 11 2013 10:49 AM
At least 12 traders from six major banks have been placed on leave after inquiries by various regulators.
- President Nicolas Maduro Orders Electronics Chain To Lower Prices
November 11 2013 9:35 AM
Armed national guardsmen kept order at the five stores as citizens hunted for bargains.
- Johnson & Johnson Says Amazon Sells Expired Products
November 11 2013 8:24 AM
A rift between the firms prompted J&J to stop selling some of its products -- including Tylenol, Band-Aids and baby products -- through Amazon.
- Google's Postmodern Barge
November 08 2013 10:46 AM
By and Large, the firm that submitted documents about the barge, says it will be used to promote businesses.
- S&P Cuts France's Sovereign Debt Rating
November 08 2013 9:26 AM
S&P applauds President Hollande's efforts to tighten fiscal oversight but says this does not go far enough.
- Obama Apologizes For Canceled Health Insurance Plans
November 08 2013 8:30 AM
Obama officials said that they will offer an administrative solution to help Americans who have lost or will lose their health insurance as a result of the new law.
- The Immaculate IPO: What Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) Did Differently
November 07 2013 7:56 PM
Here are five things that Twitter did differently from Facebook, and how they contributed to a more successful IPO