Articles by Joseph Adinolfi
- Third Tesla Fire In Six Weeks
November 07 2013 1:37 PM
Each recorded Tesla Model S fire started after the electric luxury sedan had been involved in a collision.
- Global Food Prices Rose In October
November 07 2013 12:53 PM
The FAO has raised its forecast for food-price growth based on measurements of oilseeds, dairy, meat and sugar.
- World Now Has 2,170 Billionaires: Study
November 07 2013 11:42 AM
Since the financial crisis, 810 people became billionaires. The net worth of all billionaires has nearly doubled since then to $6.5 trillion.
- London 'Super Port' Welcomes First Arrival
November 07 2013 10:05 AM
The new port, developed by Dubai-based DP World, can handle as many as 3.5 million containers a year.
- Blockbuster Closing US Stores, Distribution Centers
November 07 2013 8:54 AM
The Dish Network will continue its partnership with Blockbuster as long as the company stays in business.
- Iranian Culture Minister Wants Social Media Ban Lifted
November 06 2013 3:11 PM
Some 2 million Iranians use social-networking websites like Twitter and Facebook by logging on through a foreign server.
- When Ron Burgundy Says 'Buy a Dodge Durango,' America Listens
November 06 2013 1:24 PM
Sales of the Durango skyrocketed in October after the release of the Ferrell-fueled commercials.
- The 10 Highest-Grossing American IPOs
November 06 2013 12:39 PM
With less than a day remaining before Twitter's hotly anticipated IPO, here's a roundup of the highest-grossing American public offerings.
- US, Chinese Companies Eye China Elderly Care Market
November 06 2013 10:19 AM
By 2020, China is expected to have nearly 171 million people over the age of 65.
- China's Biggest Pork Producer Plans $5 Billion IPO
November 06 2013 9:08 AM
On the heels of its headline-making acquisition of Smithfield Foods, Shuanghui announces a $5 billion IPO.
- Twitter Reacts To Rob Ford
November 05 2013 2:26 PM
Five of the funniest reaction tweets to Rob Ford's admission that he smoked crack "in a drunken stupor."
- Egypt's Economic Woes May Soon Be Over: Report
November 05 2013 10:57 AM
Egypt's output index has risen above the 50 mark, the demarcation point between expansion and contraction.
- Euro Zone Economies See Growth Accelerate
November 05 2013 10:18 AM
It's Europeans themselves, not Asians or Americans, who are lifting the continent's economies up from years of recession.
- 21st Century Fox Set For Weak Q1 In Fiscal 2014
November 04 2013 2:56 PM
Struggling international assets like Sky Italia and a lack of political advertising weigh on the media giant's year-on-year profits.
- Global Foreign Investment Plunged In Q2: OECD
November 04 2013 1:12 PM
What's more, outgoing investment by OECD economies fell by 20 percent to $155 billion.
- Problems With Obamacare Phone Enrollment Emerge: Report
November 04 2013 10:32 AM
According to a congressional report, those who applied for Obamacare over the phone experienced the same problems online applicants faced.
- Schmidt Blasts NSA For Spying On Google Data Centers
November 04 2013 10:16 AM
Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt said his company has lodged complaints with the president, the NSA and Congress.
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Steel Sector Shares
November 04 2013 8:38 AM
Steel companies could benefit from recently filed trade cases, Goldman Sachs says.
- Govt Shutdown Didn't Hurt US Economy: Survey
November 01 2013 9:22 PM
Commodity markets, manufacturing, and retail sales all show signs of strength despite the shutdown.
- Foreign Buyers, Private Equity Spurred Q3 Energy Sector M&A
November 01 2013 11:58 AM
Shale deals generated $5.4 billion, a third of the total deal volume in the M&A sector in the third quarter.