- Norwegian Mega-Fund Helped Finance Empire State Realty Trust's Public Offering
October 31 2013 12:43 PM
Norway's sovereign wealth fund was one of the top 10 investors in Empire State Realty Trust's $929.5 million IPO.
- Gold Smuggling On The Rise In India
October 31 2013 11:44 AM
Growing demand for gold has put the world’s largest importer of the precious metal in an economic bind.
- FAA OKs Use of Portable Electronic Devices During Takeoff And Landing
October 31 2013 11:05 AM
The new rules will allow passengers to watch video, play games and read e-books -- but airplane mode is strongly recommended.
- IMF: Africa More Vulnerable To Global Financial Shocks
October 31 2013 9:53 AM
African governments raised a record $8 billion in bonds this year, contributing to the continent's exposure to global financial breakdowns.
- Peru Seizes Millions In Counterfeit US Dollars
October 31 2013 9:17 AM
The contraband was found at a hostel in a Lima suburb.
- China Opens Loan-Backed Security Pilot Program To Foreign Banks
October 31 2013 8:33 AM
In an attempt to shield Chinese banks from bad debt, policymakers created a new security comprised of bundled bank loans.
- Italy's Unemployment Hits Record High 12.5 Percent: Survey
October 31 2013 8:17 AM
About 80,000 workers lost their jobs in September, and unemployment for younger workers hit its highest rate ever.
- Twitter Faces $124 Million Lawsuit
October 30 2013 1:47 PM
Two companies claim Twitter fraudulently had them organize a private sale of its shares to stoke investor interest for an IPO then canceled it.
- Facebook Can Tell Who You're Dating
October 30 2013 11:41 AM
The dispersion rating, a measure of connectedness between two users' mutual friends, is the most accurate indicator of relationship status.
- Opponents Of GMO-Labeling Law Outpace Supporters In Fundraising
October 30 2013 9:54 AM
Opponents of the law have raised $22 million, while supporters have collected a paltry $7 million.
- Facebook, Blackberry Meet To Discuss Possible Takeover Bid
October 30 2013 9:53 AM
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has denied that his company plans to build its own smartphone, calling it "the wrong strategy."
- Japanese Panel Weighs Breakup of Company Responsible for Fukushima Power Plant Cleanup
October 30 2013 8:44 AM
A government panel is considering three options, including creating a separate entity to oversee the cleanup effort.
- For U.S. M&A Market, There's Nowhere To Go But Up, Dykema Survey Says
October 30 2013 12:05 AM
Sixty-eight percent of 110 M&A industry insiders polled in a recent survey say the market's strength will improve in 2014.
- US House Prices Aren't Rising As Rapidly As Some Believe: Analyst
October 29 2013 4:13 PM
A slowdown in the increase of housing prices has not been reflected by popular indicators like the Case-Schiller index
- Curiosity About Obamacare Rising, Despite Attacks: Survey
October 29 2013 9:36 AM
A vast majority of uninsured Americans say their health insurance situation hasn't improved.
- Zimbabwe Mulls Mining Bond Offering
October 29 2013 9:36 AM
Analysts are skeptical about the African nation’s ability to attract foreign investment in its mining sector.
- 6 Things To Know About The Illegal US Drug Trade: ConvergEx
October 29 2013 8:17 AM
Powder cocaine is big in New England, painkillers are the drug of choice in the Midwest and the Pacific West is the top location for inhalant use.
- Man Arrested In Five-Fatality North Texas Killing Spree
October 29 2013 8:03 AM
Texas authorities arrest man in five-fatality killing spree who has long criminal record.
- A Stronger Q4 For Apple?
October 28 2013 1:30 PM
An analyst has raised his expectations for Apple's Q4 revenue and EPS.
- Chicken Rentals Join Sharing Economy
October 28 2013 12:12 PM
New businesses allow consumers to try out owning a chicken coop.