- US Job Growth Surged In April, Unemployment Falls Substantially
May 02 2014 8:35 AM
It's not 'the end of the U.S.'s job drought,' but perhaps it is 'the end of the beginning,' to cite Winston Churchill.
- Alstom Board Accepts GE's $12B Offer
April 29 2014 4:42 PM
Alstom has accepted GE's ofer of more than $12 billion for its energy assets, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
- April US Consumer Confidence Dips
April 29 2014 11:12 AM
U.S. consumers assessed current business and labor market conditions less favorably than in March, the Conference Board said.
- US Jobless Claims Rise More Than Expected
April 24 2014 8:42 AM
U.S. jobless claims rose by 24,000 - more than expected - but the long-term downtrend remains intact - suggesting continued labor market healing.
- US Consumer Prices Rise 0.2% In March
April 15 2014 8:41 AM
In the 12 months through March, the core inflation rate, which excludes often-volatile food and energy prices, rose just 1.7%.
- Heartbleed Bug Found In Cisco Routers
April 11 2014 9:22 AM
Many websites, including Yahoo, Amazon and Netflix, fixed the hole after it was disclosed on Monday, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- March US Producer Prices Unexpectedly Jump
April 11 2014 8:54 AM
Prices surged 0.5 percent. Economists surveyed by Reuters had expected March producer prices to rise by just 0.1 percent.
- JPMorgan Earnings Disappoint Investors
April 11 2014 8:33 AM
The company reported a far weaker-than-expected quarterly profit as revenue from securities trading fell in a climate of uncertainty.
- North Korea Actions 'Dangerous': US
March 31 2014 10:06 AM
The postmodern world can't seem to go more than a month without an alarming incident on the Korean peninsula.
- US Q4 GDP: Slightly Better Than Thought
March 27 2014 11:30 AM
The rate suggests the U.S. will hold up its part regarding global GDP growth; provided China does too, the 2014 global economy should expand.
- US Jobless Claims Fall: A Sign Of Hiring Pickup?
March 27 2014 9:21 AM
The drop provides additional evidence that while job growth is not robust, layoffs continue to decline.
- US Consumer Confidence Unexpectedly Jumps
March 25 2014 10:11 AM
In March, consumers were moderately more upbeat about future job prospects and the economy, but were less optimistic about income growth.
- Washington State Mudslide Death Toll Grows To 16
March 25 2014 9:22 AM
Eight more bodies have reportedly been found but not yet recovered from the site, which is reportedly covered by a dozen feet of unstable mud.
- Putin: Crimea Is Part Of Russia
March 18 2014 8:19 AM
The West will not recognize the annexation, and the EU and U.S. may go to the U.N. to voice opposition.
- George Joannides’ CIA Files: Can They Help Determine Who Killed President Kennedy?
March 13 2014 1:47 PM
The CIA's Senate Intelligence Committee abuse is hardly new. The CIA has frustrated JFK assassination inquiries/records access for decades.
- One Stat That Says A Lot About The US Economy
March 10 2014 4:50 PM
Even amid increased U.S. vehicle efficiency in the postmodern era, oil remains the lifeblood of the U.S. economy.
- EU Offers Ukraine Large Aid Package
March 05 2014 9:14 AM
The economic and political tug of war over Ukraine has been pulled substantially in the direction of the West.
- Putin Lowers Ukrainian Crisis Temp, Slightly
March 04 2014 9:23 AM
Russia President Vladimir Putin Tuesday offered a "ray of light" regarding the crisis. It wasn't much, but it's a data point of hope.
- Ukraine President, Opposition Sign Peace Deal, Early Election Ahead
February 21 2014 6:40 AM
The deal ended the bloodiest chapter in Ukraine's post-Cold War history, and averts a dreaded U.S.-Russia confrontation.
- Russia: Early Ukraine Election Is A Western Ploy
February 20 2014 2:07 PM
At this point, one could make an argument that Russia is feeling surrounded, but many observers in the West would disagree.