- China, US, Japan Jets Tail Each Other
November 29 2013 9:04 PM
China's unilateral declaration of an "air defense zone" has both rattled and perplexed the international community.
- DJIA Closes Above 16,000 For First Time
November 21 2013 4:23 PM
Investors say there's still plenty to worry about regarding the economy, but added that "markets climb walls of worry" -- a Wall Street axiom.
- President John F. Kennedy – His Life And Death
November 20 2013 3:45 PM
Simply, the United States has never fully recovered from the assassination of President Kennedy on Nov. 22, 1963.
- Just Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald?
November 18 2013 4:09 PM
Each year, new evidence indicates Oswald was a much different person than first portrayed after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- The CIA And Lee Harvey Oswald - Questions Remain
November 15 2013 2:04 PM
The nation still doesn’t know what really happened on Nov. 22, 1963, in Dealey Plaza, in part because the Agency is withholding key documents.
- US Oct. Jobs Report - What Govt Shutdown?
November 08 2013 8:44 AM
The U.S. economy is still expanding, as evidenced by the better-than-expected October job-creation total.
- In Dealey Plaza, It Is Always Nov. 22, 1963
November 01 2013 3:27 PM
Anomalies require that more documents be made public to determine what really happened during the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- 4 JFK Assassination Files The CIA Must Make Public: Analysis
October 28 2013 1:50 PM
These four files may help determine what really happened on Nov. 22, 1963, in Dealey Plaza in Dallas.
- Remembering Tom Steinert-Threlkeld (1954-2013)
October 25 2013 12:39 PM
Simply, CruxialCIO Editor Tom Steinert-Threlkeld, who left this life far too soon, in a tragic accident, made every person around him better.
- Deconstructing Tea Party Extremism
October 05 2013 2:48 PM
There is a logic to the Tea Party’s extremely conservative stance, but it’s also counter-productive and ultimately, untenable.
- Shots Fired On Capitol Hill: AP
October 03 2013 2:38 PM
U.S. Capitol Police said several shots were fired, and the Capitol is in a lockdown, the AP reported.
- US Govt Shutdown Would Delay Sept. Jobs Report
September 30 2013 2:58 PM
A government shutdown would leave investors in the dark, at least temporarily, as the closely watched monthly U.S. jobs report would be delayed.
- Why A US Debt Default Could Push Oil Above $130
September 28 2013 12:49 PM
Wise investors should keep one eye on U.S. budget / debt talks in Washington and one on the price of oil.
- Reading The 2014 US Congressional Election Tea Leaves
August 27 2013 4:07 PM
The bad news for Democrats is that if the election was today: they'd lose 10-14 House seats. The good news: the election is not today.
- A Better US Banking System: Two-Tier Banking
August 10 2013 12:03 PM
The current U.S. banking system subsidizes too many risk decisions, and that has to change.
- Ex-President George W. Bush Has Stent Inserted To Open Artery
August 06 2013 12:59 PM
Hospital officials said the former president was "in high spirits" and will resume his normal schedule on Thursday.
- Five Reasons Why The Fed Should Not Decrease Stimulus
July 18 2013 4:09 PM
The U.S. economy is just starting to gain momentum. So why would one want to squelch it by decreasing quantitative easing too soon?
Regardless of the political weather in Washington, D.C., and the perpetual bickering between Democrats and Republicans, if there’s one thing that unites all Americans in frustration – exasperation, really – it’s gasoline prices.
And lately, gas prices in the states seem to know only one direction: up. What’s more, in decades past U.S. motorists could count on at least one form or relief – seasonality, with gasoline prices falling in the autumn/winter, before rising in the spring/summer - the latter being the U.S. travel season. However, this decade even that seasonal relief seems to have disappeared.
- Fed Stands Pat, Keeps Stimulus The Same
June 19 2013 2:07 PM
However, the Fed said downside risks to the economy and job market have "diminished since the fall."
- When Did The US National Security State Begin?: Analysis
June 09 2013 9:45 PM
For decades, security has trumped privacy nearly every time, but there is a way back to public accountability and Bill of Rights protections.