Articles by Joseph Lazzaro
- EU Offers Ukraine Large Aid Package
March 05 2014 9:14 AM
The economic and political tug of war over Ukraine has been pulled substantially in the direction of the West.
- Putin Lowers Ukrainian Crisis Temp, Slightly
March 04 2014 9:23 AM
Russia President Vladimir Putin Tuesday offered a "ray of light" regarding the crisis. It wasn't much, but it's a data point of hope.
- Ukraine President, Opposition Sign Peace Deal, Early Election Ahead
February 21 2014 6:40 AM
The deal ended the bloodiest chapter in Ukraine's post-Cold War history, and averts a dreaded U.S.-Russia confrontation.
- Russia: Early Ukraine Election Is A Western Ploy
February 20 2014 2:07 PM
At this point, one could make an argument that Russia is feeling surrounded, but many observers in the West would disagree.
- Ukraine Protesters Detain 67 Police Officers
February 20 2014 10:04 AM
Meanwhile, Russia protested the West's actions, while the EU/U.S. said Moscow was fueling the unrest.
- Ukraine President Agrees To 'Truce'
February 19 2014 5:01 PM
After 48 hours of horrific bloodshed, there is a sign that the physical fighting will end between the government and the opposition.
- Jan. US Housing Starts Slump
February 19 2014 11:30 AM
Is it a momentary pause in the U.S. housing sector's recovery, due to the winter slowdown in construction, or the sign of a deeper problem?
- Egypt's Army Hits Sinai Militants
February 08 2014 7:13 PM
The Egyptian army killed 16 Islamists, and a new group said it carried out a bomb attack in Cairo.
- January US Jobs Report: Another Disappointment
February 07 2014 8:36 AM
Five years into the recovery after the financial crisis, the U.S. economy still is not creating enough jobs.
- Twitter's Q4: Mixed Results
February 05 2014 4:54 PM
Twitter reported anemic user growth in late 2013, sending shares sinking after its first quarterly report as a public company.
- White Powder Found In 3 Super Bowl Hotels
January 31 2014 2:19 PM
Law enforcement officials said six letters were discovered in New Jersey.
- US To Seek Death Penalty For Accused Boston Bomber
January 30 2014 2:38 PM
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said, "The nature of the conduct at issue and the resultant harm compel this decision."
- Five Policies That Will Grow The US Economy And Create Jobs
January 24 2014 12:04 PM
If you think it's impossible for the U.S. economy to ever record GDP growth above 5%, think again.
- A Month After JFK's Murder, Truman Called For Abolishing The CIA
January 13 2014 2:13 PM
In a suggestive essay, former President Truman, who helped create the agency, said the CIA had strayed far from its creators’ intent.
- ‘They’ve Killed Jack, They’ve Killed My Husband’
December 20 2013 1:44 PM
Former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy did not believe that one person, acting alone, assassinated her husband, President John F. Kennedy.
- The Battle Of Moscow - When Russia Saved Civilization
December 06 2013 2:28 PM
More than 1 million Russians sacrificed their lives to achieve something no one else had done: force Hitler and Nazi Germany to retreat.
- Nov. US Jobs Report - An Upper
December 06 2013 8:40 AM
The U.S. economy added more jobs than expected in November - with strength in most sectors - a sign that the labor market continues to heal.
- First JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theory Was Paid For By The CIA
December 05 2013 2:23 PM
A CIA-funded Anti-Castro group asserted that Lee Harvey Oswald was linked to Cuba’s Fidel Castro in a plot; but it was a lie.
- China, US, Japan Jets Tail Each Other
November 29 2013 9:04 PM
China's unilateral declaration of an "air defense zone" has both rattled and perplexed the international community.
- DJIA Closes Above 16,000 For First Time
November 21 2013 4:23 PM
Investors say there's still plenty to worry about regarding the economy, but added that "markets climb walls of worry" -- a Wall Street axiom.