Articles by Joseph Lazzaro
- The Best News In A Year For US Job Seekers
March 08 2013 8:46 AM
The gain in 236,000 jobs was well above estimates and the unemployment rate fell to 7.7 percent.
- Dow 14,000: Is It Too Late To Buy US Stocks?
March 07 2013 4:58 PM
The Dow has raced to more than 14,000. Have you missed the party? Most certainly not, if you choose quality companies.
- US Jobless Claims Downtrend - Fewer Pink Slips
March 07 2013 9:07 AM
The decline is good news for the U.S. economic expansion.
- US 4Q GDP Improves But Still Weakest Since 2011
February 28 2013 8:58 AM
Although 4Q GDP was revised higher, the economy must grow at a much stronger rate to lower the U.S.' high unemployment rate.
- Bengal Famine Of 1943 - A Man-Made Holocaust
February 22 2013 6:23 AM
At least 3 million people died from starvation and malnutrition during a famine in the Indian province of Bengal.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average A Lock To Hit 17,000 In 2013? Not So Fast ...
February 15 2013 8:40 AM
The Dow has vectored toward 14,000, but investors in U.S. stocks would be wise to keep one eye on Washington and one on the price of oil.
- US Jobless Claims Drop 27k To 341k, In Weather-Skewed Week
February 14 2013 8:50 AM
U.S. initial jobless claims fell 27,000 to 341,000 in the latest week, the U.S. Labor Department announced on Thursday.
- US Government Posted $3B Surplus In January
February 12 2013 3:21 PM
The U.S. government posted a $3 billion surplus in January -- the first monthly surplus since 2008.
- Vatican Shocker: Pope Benedict To Resign
February 11 2013 6:17 AM
Pope Benedict will step down on February 28, the first pope to do so since the Middle Ages, says a spokesman for the Vatican.
- Considering That Dream House? 6 Tips For US Home Buyers
February 11 2013 5:57 AM
For many reasons, this is not “your father’s U.S. housing market,” hence buyers should consider these 6 tips before placing a home deposit.
- Can You Find A House Buyer Quicker? 5 Tips For US Home Sellers
February 04 2013 5:30 AM
The U.S. housing market remains a challenging one, but there are several tactics sellers can deploy that should help sell their home quicker.
- US Economy Added 157,000 Jobs In January, But Unemployment Rose To 7.9%
February 01 2013 8:50 AM
The U.S. economy added 157,000 jobs in January, the U.S. Labor Department announced Friday.