- In Dealey Plaza, It Is Always Nov. 22, 1963
November 01 2013 3:27 PM
Anomalies require that more documents be made public to determine what really happened during the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- 4 JFK Assassination Files The CIA Must Make Public: Analysis
October 28 2013 1:50 PM
These four files may help determine what really happened on Nov. 22, 1963, in Dealey Plaza in Dallas.
- Remembering Tom Steinert-Threlkeld (1954-2013)
October 25 2013 12:39 PM
Simply, CruxialCIO Editor Tom Steinert-Threlkeld, who left this life far too soon, in a tragic accident, made every person around him better.
- Deconstructing Tea Party Extremism
October 05 2013 2:48 PM
There is a logic to the Tea Party’s extremely conservative stance, but it’s also counter-productive and ultimately, untenable.
- Shots Fired On Capitol Hill: AP
October 03 2013 2:38 PM
U.S. Capitol Police said several shots were fired, and the Capitol is in a lockdown, the AP reported.
- US Govt Shutdown Would Delay Sept. Jobs Report
September 30 2013 2:58 PM
A government shutdown would leave investors in the dark, at least temporarily, as the closely watched monthly U.S. jobs report would be delayed.
- Why A US Debt Default Could Push Oil Above $130
September 28 2013 12:49 PM
Wise investors should keep one eye on U.S. budget / debt talks in Washington and one on the price of oil.
- Reading The 2014 US Congressional Election Tea Leaves
August 27 2013 4:07 PM
The bad news for Democrats is that if the election was today: they'd lose 10-14 House seats. The good news: the election is not today.
- A Better US Banking System: Two-Tier Banking
August 10 2013 12:03 PM
The current U.S. banking system subsidizes too many risk decisions, and that has to change.
- Ex-President George W. Bush Has Stent Inserted To Open Artery
August 06 2013 12:59 PM
Hospital officials said the former president was "in high spirits" and will resume his normal schedule on Thursday.
- Five Reasons Why The Fed Should Not Decrease Stimulus
July 18 2013 4:09 PM
The U.S. economy is just starting to gain momentum. So why would one want to squelch it by decreasing quantitative easing too soon?
June 27 2013 3:16 PM
Regardless of the political weather in Washington, D.C., and the perpetual bickering between Democrats and Republicans, if there’s one thing that unites all Americans in frustration – exasperation, really – it’s gasoline prices.
And lately, gas prices in the states seem to know only one direction: up. What’s more, in decades past U.S. motorists could count on at least one form or relief – seasonality, with gasoline prices falling in the autumn/winter, before rising in the spring/summer - the latter being the U.S. travel season. However, this decade even that seasonal relief seems to have disappeared.
- Fed Stands Pat, Keeps Stimulus The Same
June 19 2013 2:07 PM
However, the Fed said downside risks to the economy and job market have "diminished since the fall."
- When Did The US National Security State Begin?: Analysis
June 09 2013 9:45 PM
For decades, security has trumped privacy nearly every time, but there is a way back to public accountability and Bill of Rights protections.
- Interstate 5 Bridge In Washington State Collapses: 3 Injured
May 24 2013 5:17 AM
The cause of the collapse is not known, but several witnesses said they saw an oversize-load truck strike the bridge before it fell.
- GE To Get Huge Dividend Payment From GE Capital
May 20 2013 8:36 AM
The action is consistent with GE's goal to reduce the overall size of GE Capital, the company said Monday.
- 5 Job Search Tips Every College Grad Should Know
May 03 2013 11:02 AM
No, the current U.S. job market is not “a jungle out there.” But it’s close.
- US GDP Up 2.5% In Q1 - Less Than Expected
April 26 2013 9:04 AM
Most economists expect the economy to slow in the second quarter, due to the $85 billion sequester.
- LIVE BLOG: More Evidence Of A Radical Turn By Boston Suspects
April 20 2013 10:17 AM
More evidence surfaced that indicates a radical turn by the two; also, the suspects' dad plans to travel to the U.S. "to clear up many things."
- Pentagon Looks To Cut Up To 50,000 Civilian Jobs
April 10 2013 3:45 PM
The cuts, triggered by the sequester, would occur over the next five years and require the approval of the U.S. Congress.