Articles by Joseph Lazzaro
- 5 Job Search Tips Every College Grad Should Know
May 03 2013 11:02 AM
No, the current U.S. job market is not “a jungle out there.” But it’s close.
- US GDP Up 2.5% In Q1 - Less Than Expected
April 26 2013 9:04 AM
Most economists expect the economy to slow in the second quarter, due to the $85 billion sequester.
- LIVE BLOG: More Evidence Of A Radical Turn By Boston Suspects
April 20 2013 10:17 AM
More evidence surfaced that indicates a radical turn by the two; also, the suspects' dad plans to travel to the U.S. "to clear up many things."
- Pentagon Looks To Cut Up To 50,000 Civilian Jobs
April 10 2013 3:45 PM
The cuts, triggered by the sequester, would occur over the next five years and require the approval of the U.S. Congress.
- OPEC Again Cuts 2013 Oil Demand Forecast
April 10 2013 1:12 PM
In its oil market report, OPEC cited renewed concern about the euro zone and Japanese economies.
- US Job Openings Hit Post-Recession High In February
April 09 2013 3:36 PM
At 3.93 million job openings, this survey, which is separate from the monthly jobs report, continues to show a slowly healing U.S. job market.
- US Economy Created Only 88,000 Jobs In March
April 05 2013 8:38 AM
The total number of new jobs was less than expected, and the U.S. workforce participation rate dropped to its lowest level since 1979.
- US Private Sector Job Growth Slows In March
April 03 2013 8:41 AM
The private sector added only 158,000 jobs in March, ADP announced Wednesday – lower than the 205,000 consensus estimate.
- US Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Jump
March 28 2013 8:48 AM
A survey of economists had expected jobless claims to dip to 340,000.
- US Job Market Getting Its Mojo Back?
March 25 2013 11:30 AM
U.S. job growth has accelerated to more than 200,000 per month. But why did it take so long?
- The Best News In A Year For US Job Seekers
March 08 2013 8:46 AM
The gain in 236,000 jobs was well above estimates and the unemployment rate fell to 7.7 percent.
- Dow 14,000: Is It Too Late To Buy US Stocks?
March 07 2013 4:58 PM
The Dow has raced to more than 14,000. Have you missed the party? Most certainly not, if you choose quality companies.
- US Jobless Claims Downtrend - Fewer Pink Slips
March 07 2013 9:07 AM
The decline is good news for the U.S. economic expansion.
- US 4Q GDP Improves But Still Weakest Since 2011
February 28 2013 8:58 AM
Although 4Q GDP was revised higher, the economy must grow at a much stronger rate to lower the U.S.' high unemployment rate.
- Bengal Famine Of 1943 - A Man-Made Holocaust
February 22 2013 6:23 AM
At least 3 million people died from starvation and malnutrition during a famine in the Indian province of Bengal.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average A Lock To Hit 17,000 In 2013? Not So Fast ...
February 15 2013 8:40 AM
The Dow has vectored toward 14,000, but investors in U.S. stocks would be wise to keep one eye on Washington and one on the price of oil.
- US Jobless Claims Drop 27k To 341k, In Weather-Skewed Week
February 14 2013 8:50 AM
U.S. initial jobless claims fell 27,000 to 341,000 in the latest week, the U.S. Labor Department announced on Thursday.
- US Government Posted $3B Surplus In January
February 12 2013 3:21 PM
The U.S. government posted a $3 billion surplus in January -- the first monthly surplus since 2008.
- Vatican Shocker: Pope Benedict To Resign
February 11 2013 6:17 AM
Pope Benedict will step down on February 28, the first pope to do so since the Middle Ages, says a spokesman for the Vatican.
- Considering That Dream House? 6 Tips For US Home Buyers
February 11 2013 5:57 AM
For many reasons, this is not “your father’s U.S. housing market,” hence buyers should consider these 6 tips before placing a home deposit.