- Tel Aviv Bus Hit By Bomb Wednesday, At Least 10 Wounded
November 21 2012 8:15 AM
A bomb exploded on a bus in central Tel Aviv on Wednesday, wounding at least 10 people in what Israeli officials said was a terrorist attack that could complicate the Gaza cease-fire efforts.
- US Budget Talks – A Fiscal Slope, Not A ‘Cliff’
November 18 2012 1:39 PM
Sans the hysteria, the U.S. budget situation is like a living room getting cooler, not a "fiscal cliff."
- Oil Platform Catches Fire In Gulf Of Mexico; 2 Missing
November 16 2012 4:00 PM
An oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico operated by Houston-based Black Elk Energy burst into flames on Friday, leaving at least two people missing and badly injuring several others, U.S. and Louisiana officials said.
- BP To Pay $4.5B Due To Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
November 15 2012 12:21 PM
BP agreed to plead guilty to 11 felony criminal charges and one misdemeanor charge, and to pay the fine over five years.
- US Jobless Claims Surge 78,000 To 439,000 On Hurricane Sandy
November 15 2012 9:06 AM
U.S. initial jobless claims rocketed 78,000 higher to 439,000 -- a surge largely triggered by the impact of Hurricane Sandy, the U.S. Labor Department announced Thursday.
- Pelosi To Remain House Minority Leader For At Least 2 More Years
November 14 2012 10:30 AM
U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., will head the House Democratic caucus for at least two more years, her office announced Wednesday, the Washington Post reported.
- Top US Commander In Afghanistan Under Investigation In Petraeus Scandal
November 13 2012 8:08 AM
The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General John Allen, is under investigation for alleged inappropriate communication with a woman at the center of the scandal involving former CIA Director David Petraeus.
- Euro Zone Crisis: Europe Now Experiencing Sub-National Demands For Political Autonomy
November 11 2012 4:32 PM
The EU is now witnessing regional demands for greater political autonomy secession – demands that can only weaken continental unity.
- CIA Director Petraeus Has Resigned, Citing Extramarital Affair: AP
November 09 2012 3:09 PM
CIA Director Petraeus has resigned, due to an extramarital affair, The AP reported Friday. Details to follow.
- Election Live Blog: Obama Win Lifts Global Markets
November 06 2012 5:56 PM
Obama has been reelected. Ohio put the Democrat over the 270 electoral vote threshold. Check back with the live blog for the latest updates.
- Hurricane Sandy Reveals US’s Vulnerability To Gasoline/Diesel Supply Disruption
November 03 2012 4:28 PM
First, the U.S. must help every person hurt by Hurricane Sandy. Second, the nation must end its gasoline/diesel supply vulnerability.
- Apple Quarterly Revenue Meets Forecasts, iPad Disappoints
October 25 2012 5:17 PM
Apple Inc. reported quarterly revenue that met Wall Street expectations even as iPad sales disappointed. Trading in the stock was halted after hours.
- Syria Accepts Holiday Truce, Russia Says
October 25 2012 11:22 AM
The government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has indicated to Russia that it will accept U.N.-Arab League peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi's proposal for a Muslim holiday ceasefire.
- Fed Maintains QE3, Inflation Up Slightly
October 24 2012 2:24 PM
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday stuck to its plan to keep stimulating the U.S. economy until the job market improves and repeated its vow to keep rates near zero until mid-2015.
- Armstrong Stripped Of 7 Tour de France Titles
October 22 2012 9:05 AM
Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life on Monday after the International Cycling Union (UCI).
- Will Oil Prices Fall Substantially In The Coming Year?
October 20 2012 3:18 PM
At $90, oil's price remains painfully high. But are we about to experience a gradual easing in crude's price?
- Jobless Rates Fall In Most US Swing States
October 19 2012 1:50 PM
The unemployment rate declined in September in most "swing" or battleground states for the U.S. presidential election, the U.S. DOL announced Friday.
- George McGovern No Longer Responsive: Family
October 17 2012 3:46 PM
Former Senator and Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern is "no longer responsive" and surrounded by family at a hospice center in Sioux Falls, S.D., his family said on Wednesday.
- US Supreme Court Upholds Ohio's Early Voting
October 16 2012 1:04 PM
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday denied Ohio's request to curtail early voting in the state leading up to the Nov. 6 presidential election.
- Netanyahu Denies Report Of Golan, Syria Deal
October 12 2012 10:59 AM
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denied a newspaper report on Friday that said he had agreed in principle to hand back land annexed from Syria as part of secret U.S.-mediated peace talks that broke off last year.